Recent content by LordDaem

1. LordDaem

Time to form a Kingdom yet?

I don't know if this is universal, but in my game right after you create a kingdom the whole game declares war on you. I do not know if this is a bug or an intended feature but you might want to make sure you have enough influence and money to keep making vassals so you will not be overwhelmed.
    You're correct, every Kingdom surrounding me simultaneously declared war (well, within a day or two).

I have just over 1m now, managed to "buy" 3 Lords to join, but that was it. Needless to say, I reverted save.
  2. LordDaem

The question is always: can you defeat armies while taking minimal losses? If yes sure you can make a kingdom, even with only 1 fief. If no.... then figure that out first. You just can't depend on trying to make peace or having vassal help you or anything other then you-yourself curb stomping the AI armies as often as needed. You're kind of in a so rounded position too, it may become very annoying to have armies coming form multiple directions. If so it's actually not that big of a deal to just let the fiefs go and settle on a side of the map later though.

In current versions I have been disappointed with the performance of the AI vassals/armies as far as helping defend, so this adds on to the "faction or not" question. If you're a faction you can create vassals and an army but are open to multiple wars. As a lone-clan you can use just 1 party but can deal with 1 faction at a time.
    Yeah that's likely a no, as I have a party of 180, whilst the Vlandians are rocking around with an army of around 1000. Maybe its time to form parties with companions - I never normally do that cause of the cost, but this is the best game I've had so far!

ALSO Seonon just rebelled too. I don't know why I'm getting so lucky with rebellions this game, but I have enough food for around 90 days at a time so just starve out the settlement!
  3. LordDaem

I'm completely independent, and currently own Lageta, Varcheg, Sibir and Varnovapol. Nathanos is governing Lageta, with Studgian companions governing the other settlements. Loyalty is fine, I've JUST taken Varnovapol and was making 4k a day just before taking over the settlement. I still have...
  4. LordDaem

Alea and Phasos not appearing at Lageta

Playing a level 4 clan, I recently left my Mercenary Contract and took over Lageta, without forming a Kingdom to let me save up a tonne of denars before going to war with the surrounding Kingdoms. I've owned Lageta for around 2 in game months and, ever since taking it over, both Alea and...
  5. LordDaem

Radagos

I've often wished Radagos could be taken on as a free companion if you spare him :sad:
  6. LordDaem

Nerfing players Kingdom a thing? Please help

Infinite money from blacksmithing skill.

I tend to pick up a companion with a good smithing skill, to try and smash out the denars. Javelins seem to get me an ok amount, but I've never managed to master it. Maybe I'll give this more of a try this playthrough :smile:
  7. LordDaem

In order to know what you're doing wrong, I'll have to know what you're doing.

Oh I'm trying to join a Kingdom for my first full playthrough (even though I've had since the EA launch!) I join a Kingdom, take part in battles etc - a couple of times the ruler has died and I've been voted leader and it all goes to sh** after that with everyone declaring war.

I'm an Imperial character this time, but have joined the Aserai. We're doing well against the Northern Empire, but the Vlandians' have taken several towns and castles in the middle of our territory - nowhere near the border with them which is bizarre.

It just seems that, even when we outnumber the enemy by several hundred, the game decides "Nope, you're going to lose".
  8. LordDaem

Let players decide.

This is a very bad design choice that you guys carried over from Warband, why would you limit and disallow players from taking actions? It's nonsensical for a game like this, nonsensical for a simulator. You're taking choice away from players without a reason really. If you make a treaty you should be able to dishonor it whenever you please and deal with the consequences of breaking a pact. Same thing with supporting whoever you want in a fight where you're neutral in. These limitations seem totally artificial and take away the immersion. You guys need to change it.

There are quite a few things broken with the game still. Regardless, if you use barter to escape from a battle, I agree that you should be penalised and made to wait a certain amount of time before being able to attack again.

Do I find the mechanic annoying? Yes. Do I understand its implementation? Also yes. Imagine if you could just be like "please take this money, don't attack me" then walk about 2 minutes away and absolutely demolish a group of villagers. That would be madness.
  9. LordDaem

A couple more questions, please.

These have probably been answered already, BUT
    1. Is there anyway I can start a war, and should I?
      Yes. You can either vote through the Kingdom relationship screen (on PC default button is K). Click on the Kingdom and vote to go to war, this costs influence. Alternatively, if you don't have the influence for this, just attack caravans or parties from the Kingdom you want to go to war with. You'll lose relation with the rule of your Kingdom, but it will probably start a war.
    2. I took this time to get a wife, do I need to do anything to start making babies (stay in same city/castle, etc..?) And will my babies grow up if I have no deaths on? Not sure if they still age.
      You need to stay in a settlement with her overnight. It's something like a 12% chance of her getting pregnant. However, if you selected "births and death" to off at the start, you can't have children.
    3. Not really sure what my next plan of attack will be. I wanted to keep getting Aserai land so it's close to each other, but if war against another faction should I try to get castles/cities so far away from these 2? I plan to be my own kingdom eventually not sure how I will defend them so far away.
      I'd create an army and try to capture as many towns as possible. Capture the ones closest to your current fiefs, as these will more likely be rewarded to you. Be aware that, if you leave your Kingdom and keep your fiefs, the Kingdom will instantly declare war on you. You'll need a few million denars in the bank to deal with the starting tribute payments.
    4. not really sure how to build governors I been looking for companions with high leadership/steward/medicine. If I want a governor in a city that was originally Aserai I only want to put an Aserai governor there because choosing a different faction would be bad, right? Or is it the faction I choose in the beginning?
      Make sure the governors are the same culture as the settlements, especially for settlements that aren't of your culture. This will minimise loyalty loss. Personally, I only look at the Governors effects on the settlement (I probably should look at Steward etc, but we move)
  10. LordDaem

I'm really bad at constantly restarting the game when it goes horribly wrong (I know, bad Daem). I love the M&B series but have never managed to "complete" one by ruling all of Calradia. I've found recently that no matter what Kingdom I play, they always get absolutely demolished. I'll include...
  11. LordDaem

Every time bro

You say that, but when the Vlandian's come up against the Aserai, the Aserai absolutely demolist the Vlandians!

In my last game, I was playing as a Vlandian vassal, somehow got voted as leader of the faction (despite only being a tier 3 clan) when Derthert died and suddenly, all hell broke loose when the Aserai declared war and we ended up with a peace settlement of 5000 denars a day!
  12. LordDaem

Not in charge of siege still an issue

I'm playing the Vlandians and have presented Derthert with the Dragon Banner. I was leading an army of just over 800 troops and sieging Varcheg. Another army with around 1200 troops joins me. The menu says that I'm in charge of the siege and I can still build battering rams and siege towers -...
  13. LordDaem

Must have mods

Hello all, I've tried modding Bannerlord before, but have played with mods that require Butterlib and others - and my game ALWAYS has hundreds of error messages as the mods aren't updated to the latest version :( Finally finishing up a single player campaign and I was wondering if y'all...
  14. LordDaem

Mercenaries never have enough troops

ah apologies. I misunderstood. I got caught up on the “hemorrhaging money/can’t pay” part

I tend to make new clans from companions or recruit clans. I don’t trust mercenary clans very much as they seem so quick to drop on the AI

No worries :smile:
    Yeah they drop out so quick, I wonder if there's any mods that aim to make it a 30 day contract, like that player is forced into
  15. LordDaem

Mercenaries never have enough troops

Limiting how much they can recruit by the party sliders to keep them from bankrupting you
    Passive income from workshops, caravans, spring of gold steward perk, your town
    Active income from smithing and battles
    I'm more concerned about how to actually get Mercenaries to join my army, instead of being constantly undermanned - that would save me a tonne on having companion parties.

I'm making an income from battles, but having the companion parties is incredibly limiting - as the most I can raise across my entire Kingdom is 499 troops.
Back
Top Bottom