Recent content by Chofls

1. Chofls

[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Ironbred Stallion or Imperial Dark Stallion?

3Tr7uac.jpeg
  2. Chofls

Starving a city for no reason other than curiosity.

If you capture the rebel city as an independent, does this mean you won't ever be attacked by other factions?
  3. Chofls

Overwriting a Banner: How to find Hex/Dec Value for Heraldic Back

What banner do you want to replace? Just find it's ID and than replace HEX color in the appropriate slot of troop trp_banner_background_color_array.

Thanks. I ended up figuring it out, I'll leave a link to the questions thread post that helped here.
  4. Chofls

Overwriting a Banner: How to find Hex/Dec Value for Heraldic Back

Posted in the questions thread but no luck, so here goes: I'm making a custom banner and decided to overwrite the banner below, which is the third banner in the top row of the "std_banners_i" texture file: What I'm trying to figure out is the hex/decimal value for the reverse side of this...
  5. Chofls

[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

I'm making a custom banner and decided to overwrite the banner below, which is in the "std_banners_i" texture file:

What I'm trying to figure out is the hex/decimal value for the back of this banner so I can replace it with my own hex/decimal color (131D3E/1252670). Does anyone have a hex/decimal value for the above banner back, and a suggestion about where I should look for it (I'm guessing scripts.txt)?
  6. Chofls

Young lad needs a way to get denars

What's your leadership? You get that skill to 10 and it should take care of the money problems.
  7. Chofls

Help: Joining a Knight Order - Total Noob

cauldronjoty said:
    Maybe the honor is the problem. Where do I find how much honor do I have?
    And where do I find how much honor do I have? Intuitive thing would be to go to Notes - Character, but it's not even there. Only Renown: 572 and Controversy: 40

You click the "Reports" tab. Exactly like the guy above said.
  8. Chofls

Let's talk about weapons

Aramis_Grey said:
    My personal setup is Havathang with a shield, doom mace as a backup (for high lvl units that are usefull as prisoners) and saphire Glaive.

My problem with bows is they lose usefullness mid to late game how so? Well bows are great when your a horse archer for soloing stuff especialy early when your horse is slow and you cant catch most mounted units, but as soon as you get a noldor horse of any kind with riding of 7(+) you can catch up with anything easy and swaping to a bow only to out run a target then turn then run after them again, or shoot from wierd angle and mybe miss then realise that you spent 10 points in to power draw and mybe 6 points in to HA to use that thing and secrificed at min 2 waepon slots it just aint worth it.

In a sige maiden crosbow and arbelast work wonders if you want a range solution ( and both are stupedly fast with high proficiency).

Bows lose their usefulness in the late game? Late game is where bows reach the peak of their usefulness: with 10 power draw and a high-tier bow with good arrows, you will be able to one shot most units in the game. You do realize that it is possible to ride a horse at less than a full gallop, right? Besides, if you are playing as a horse archer you should be able to take fairly accurate shots from any angle.

As far as sieges are concerned, bows outclass crossbows any day as a player option. For one, you have a much higher rate of fire. Two, you don't have to sit in one spot while reloading, which is essential for offensive sieges. Three, most of the ranged troops you will face during an offensive siege will be using bows (unless you are fighting the Empire), which means that you will in effect have unlimited ammunition as an attacker thanks to all of the arrows the defenders keep pouring down.

Bows over crossbows any day, unless you are trying to RP a certain type of character that happens to use a crossbow. No contest.
  9. Chofls

Elves: To kill or not to kill?

Befriend them for sure. I won't spoil it for you, but let me just say that there are some excellent, ah, services and such that will become available to you should you forgive their little joke and make amends.
  10. Chofls

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

OK, so I have a 3.8.4 character, but I am hesitant to keep playing because of the future 3.8.5 release. Now, I realize I could just export my current character from 3.8.4 and import said character to 3.8.5 when it is released, but what I am wondering is if there is some way to edit in things like renown, honor, items and relations with lords/factions (i.e., everything that doesn't transfer when you import) with some sort of program or editor. Has anyone done something like this before?
  11. Chofls

Tactic for Killing Wolfbode with >10 losses with faction troops only

Titanjones said:
    Its impossible to retreat...i keep getting captured
    If you are the last man standing on your side and you retreat, then you automatically get captured. The only way to make the strategy work would be to keep at least 1 of your men of the field with you. If you are going to do that, make sure the unit that stays with you has a horse and great armor, and then make sure they follow you. Proceed to kill as many of the enemy as you can; just note that if your unit gets knocked out or killed, you will then be unable to retreat. Therefore, as soon as the unit has been unhorsed or is getting into trouble, immediately retreat before they can be taken down. Then just repeat.

Pro tip: group each companion you want to run this strategy with into their own category (infantry, horse archer, custom, etc), and then use them two at a time. That way, if one does get knocked out you can still retreat safely. Also, it makes it a lot easier to select specific companions to follow you during the battle if one of them gets badly injured while following you.
  12. Chofls

Zephromonia said:
    I dont play on 1/4 damage.
    Neither do I. Full damage settings only. All you need is a well armored horse, a few good shields, and a lot of arrows. As long as you have good armor, none of their arrows will even damage you (they only use shortbows and standard arrows). The only threat are the throwing axes carried by the shamans and warriors, which is what the shields you bring are for. Once they have expended those, you can just eliminate them one-by-one with your bow. Did your horse take a hit at some point? No problem, just grab one of the dozens of ironbred chargers now littering the battlefield and continue.

Seems tedious and impractical, but when you consider the ridiculous amount of xp you need to level once you hit the 40s, it really is the only method that makes sense.
  13. Chofls

Actual best strategy: order your entire army to retreat, and then proceed to wipe out the whole army yourself. 0 casualties sustained!

Bonus points: start a bounty quest for the Knights of the Raven Spear first.
  14. Chofls

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

How rare exactly is the Runed Bastard Sword? Like in terms of a percentage chance when killing Heretic Magni? I remember getting one fairly early-game in a previous play-through (3.7), but then never saw another one after that (and I went for ~1500 days). I am trying to get one in my current 3.8.4 game by fighting the same Heretic party over and over (by reloading), and I haven't gotten one yet (killed the same 4 Heretic Magni 20 times in a row and nothing). Is there a way to increase the chances of getting one (like killing the Magni yourself)?

Seriously though, f*** video game logic. My group kills an entire unit of Runed Bastard Sword-wielding Heretics and we walk away with leather coats and bent crossbow bolts? WTF?
Back
Top Bottom