Recent content by Lord Irontoe

1. Lord Irontoe

About the new animations for female characters.

I made a actual comparison video:

As you can see running and walking are both changed with and without weapons. The new ones have no energy behind them. These are not animations for warriors. They don't look like this person is going into a fight. They look like a caricature of a lady that picked up a sword to look cool.

ok, now that I see them, I agree those don't look very good. The only one I think the new one's better is the unarmored walk. The other animations look kind of weaksauce
  2. Lord Irontoe

Even the running animation looks mincey. So unnecessary. Everyone has noticed it who plays female chars, and it looks god damn stupid. At least they're walking like they are wearing armour.

I haven't updated yet so i can't say for sure, but the running in the clip doesn't look very different than before. Even if it did, I don't see the problem with having separate animations for males and females. Its lazy as hell reusing the same animations for both sexes.
  3. Lord Irontoe

It's a supposed warrior, on a battlefield, covered in armour and a bears head, not some tipsy socialite walking along Londons Soho. There has to be something better that could be done than this.
    How often do you put away your weapons and WALK on the battlefield? Have you done that ever?

As I said, its for walking around town. I'd take a bet that its the same animation that the NPC townswomen use
  4. Lord Irontoe

Honestly, they should revert back to the default. These are just daft.
    Its a walk animation that only kicks in when you don't have a weapon equipped, as in a leisurely strolling around town animation. The vast majority of players will never even see it since most people run 100% all the time. It looks a hell of a lot better than the old walking animation that made women look like they've got melon sized nuts hanging between their legs.
  5. Lord Irontoe

That walk doesn't bother me. You'd only ever be walking with no weapon equipped while in town, so it beats the old gorilla walk, IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the same walking animation that's used in Walk Like a Lady and Artem's Lively Animations mods. I think both mods are just using unused animations found in the files, so it makes sense TW would activate them one day. The walk's not bad, but the standing idle that goes with it was very awkward looking, so I hope they've improved that at least
  6. Lord Irontoe

I want to see them too. As a lover of all things bikini-armor-related, I'll probably think they're not sexy enough
  7. Lord Irontoe

Patch Notes v1.1.0

There is a wave system and in the first battle if you go below 20% health then you are forced to sim the remainder of the battle.
    I always wondered what the point was of the Medicine perks that regenerate a percent of lost health after battles if it doesn't kick in between rounds. So many times I've won the first round but got knocked out so had to lose the battle in simulation. Who needs the health after the battle's over?
  8. Lord Irontoe

Suggestion: Lawful executions. Proposed and voted on like policies

I like the idea, but I would instead prefer having lawful executions as a policy instead of having to vote everytime I want to execute someone.
    How would you determine if a lord deserves to be executed? It seems like it would be very overpowered if you could vote yourself the right to execute anybody with no penalties. You could pass it as the first policy in a new kingdom with no opposition.

Personally, I think execution is a big thing and should be treated that way. I wouldn't mind having to go through a little rigamarole to be able to get rid of problem lords once and for all
  9. Lord Irontoe

also (if not already in), executing disgraceful lords should carry no penalty
    I don't know about that. I think if there's a mechanism for lawful executions, than anything outside that mechanism should be considered unlawful. It should probably be easier to get lords to vote for the execution of dishonorable lords, but just arbitrarily executing a lord, even if he's a total scumbag, should be frowned upon.
  10. Lord Irontoe

There really should be a mechanism for lawful executions. If some rogue lord from an undead faction keeps terrorizing the countryside and murdering innocent villagers, you should be able to capture them, and then put forth a proposal to lawfully execute them for their crimes and then the kingdom...
  11. Lord Irontoe

The new method of discovering weapon parts in smithing doesn't work well

Yeah, its definitely not an improvement over the old random method. It really sucks if you're trying to unlock a low value weapon class like throwing daggers. They're worth so little that it takes smelting hundreds and hundreds of them to unlock the whole category.

They should make it something like 75% of components from the same weapon class and 25% just random
  12. Lord Irontoe

What do you think can be changed with how money works in the game to make it better?

Maybe a better solution than my suggestion could be found then, because I really abhor slot based inventory. Of course, it's also very possible that there are very good implementations of slot based inventories that I'm unaware of. If you have an example of a slot based inventory you like in a game (that at least vaguely resembles this game's genre) please do tell.
    Its not that I like any inventory systems. They're usually designed primarily to limit how much you can carry, so its not like you're supposed to like them. But I don't want to think about them too much either

But what really irks me about Bannerlord's system is how your inventory capacity, and by extension your speed, shifts wildly up and down based on your number of horses and troops and how many troops are wounded, etc. Its all overly complicated, and if you just want to throw your troops in a garrison and go hunt bandits with your companions, you have to go through a whole rigamarole of stashing away all your stuff and your horses. And then you can't carry barely anything, so what's the point? So it pushes you to run a bigger party because its usually easier to recruit some extra guys to carry the cargo and manage the horses than it is to find somewhere to unload them. And on top of that, it makes it too easy to get rich.
  13. Lord Irontoe

The killed in siege battles unrealistically are all high tier troops

Maybe. I don't think I would quite agree with that. But when the only troops dying in siege battles (probably other battles too, I have't followed that as often I don't lose any troops in field battles) are high tier, it doesn't make sense. Should lose sometimes lower tier too.
    How many men are getting wounded in your sieges? Is your entire army even spawning in? In my sieges, the first couple waves of guys are pretty much winning the whole battle. The low tiers usually don't even spawn in at all.

Remember, its your best troops who are doing the hardest fighting. They're the first ones up the ladders and breaking down the gate and facing tight blocks of fresh defenders, so it would make sense they would take the most casualties. Once they've broken through the fighting gets a lot looser, and then your lower tier guys are coming in and having a much easier time.
  14. Lord Irontoe

What do you think can be changed with how money works in the game to make it better?

I think your observations about the possibility of having infinite inventory/infinite number of horses and how overburden penalty doesn't really stop the player are correct. I really think that a slot based inventory like in Warband would be terrible for the game though. The inventory system in Warband was one of my least favourite aspects about the game (along with battles ending after the player got knocked out and the sieges), it just limited the player too much in an unfun way in my opinion.

I would rather have a scaling cap on the number of horses we can have and the amount we can be overburdened; such as after having more than 1.5x the horses/cattle of our party's herd threshold, we start to lose a ton of horses/mules/camels/cows/sheep/hogs every day until we have 1.5x the amount of herd threshold (for clarity, let's say if we have 100 foot soldiers, and we start getting a herd penalty to party movement at 300 horse and cattle, our cap would be then 450 horse and cattle, and if we have for example 600 total horse and/or cattle, we then rapidly lose 150 of them over the course of a few days). We can have a similar application for items and 1.5x overburden threshold or something like that. I pulled the 1.5x number out of my ass for simplicity's sake and there's likely a better ratio, but hopefully you get the idea. We can also increase the weight of non-commodity items (any item besides food, production and trade goods) since we buy all commodity items at 10.00 weight (kilograms? pounds?) per piece. We could alternatively lower the minimum party movement speed to 0 as well, though that might cause other problems as well. What do you think?
    That sounds very complicated. I get that nobody likes inventory slots and having to juggle out cheaper stuff to grab the better stuff. But there's a reason why slot-based inventories are the most common type you see in games. Its simple and it works.
  15. Lord Irontoe

I don't think the problem is with prices. I think its the virtually unlimited horse-based inventory. Even the herd and overburden penalties can't stop us from being able to carry ridiculous quantities of loot. The cheapest crap is also the lightest so you can always carry enough garbage to make tons of money off of it.

Slot-based inventory would solve the problem, IMO. You'd only be able to take a few of the best items from each battle instead of all of it.
Back
Top Bottom