Recent content by Loppen

1. Loppen

Regimental Medals / Achievements / Ranks / Detachments [Free for all]

My regiment used some of these medals, we did change some of them though
    Sounds like a perfect usage then :grin:
  2. Loppen

Glad to hear that you can use them Ging Freecss.

Best wishes to you, the 49th and Turkey :smile:
  3. Loppen

Hi. TS versions of most medals are already in the zip file.  :cool:
  4. Loppen

Hi Gatts.

A TS version is already in the zip on the first page.

Example of the 4 sizes available:

Killing Machine:
    killingmachine.png

Mini
    killingmachine_mini.png

Micro
    killingmachine_micro.png

TeamSpeak (16x16)
    killingmachine_ts.png

PS: The Bump was just a prank medal. Haven't made it into the versions or the zip yet.
  5. Loppen

No rules server interest check

Saying this will only lead to randoming is missing the point. PW servers used to have very few or even no rules. It was way more fun than now.

I would like a more straight forward way of playing:
    1. RP if you like.
    2. No rules.
    3. No banking.
    4. No gear saving.
    5. No combat logging.
    6. No complaints.
    7. Get an adult to admin and ONLY kick disruptive players.
    8. Perhaps try to use the new features that saves info for a short time if a player crashes.

"PW_Vanilla"
    Join a faction. Live longer. Why not try it?

I say yes to the above.
  6. Loppen

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Haven't played for a long time. Won't spend time on broken gameplay. So.
    Would love to see a Classic/Vanilla server use Vornne's "Save area" and "Crash place holder" some time in the future.

Vornne said:
    The "combined world / server travel" feature was mostly written years ago, as the least terrible example of storing player equipment and troop type in an external database that I could think of,
    for the people who kept asking for example scripts: the scene creator places "travel area" props at the edges of the scene, which players hold "use" at for 30 seconds to store their character to the database then automatically disconnect from the server, with a message specifying the name of the other server they have travelled to; they then join that other server (which is connected to the same database) and are then loaded at the linked travel area with equipment and troop type and the entry is removed from the database, to represent travelling from one realm to another; connecting multiple Warband servers into one large world. The feature could also be used to create "save areas" for a single server, where players could use a travel scene prop placed in a non strategic area while not in active combat (since they would be undefended from other players killing them) for 30 seconds, disconnect from the server, then rejoin later to the same server, loading back inside the same travel area - avoiding the game breaking "combat logging" and "strategic log off to take people unawares later" issues that plague the common implementations.

Another excuse players use to try justify being able to teleport in and out of the game world without penalty is that they crash a lot, and don't want to die in that case: to circumvent that, I started on another feature to keep a "place holder" agent in the game world after a client is unintentionally disconnected, which the player will take over from again if they reconnect to the server within a short time. While the player is disconnected, their place holder agent can be freely attacked by other players to take the armor, items, or loot money, preventing players from using it as a way to unfairly get out of trouble (by intentionally ending the game process with the task manager, an old trick). The code in the git branch basically works, but it has multiple bugs to be fixed.
  7. Loppen

Added TS sized versions of the micros. 16x16 pixels.
    Should make a fine "Fruit Salad" for any eager soldier.
  8. Loppen

Medal of the month!

extremediscipline.png

Extreme Discipline
    For the perfectly disciplined soldier.
    (One of my first medals. Dated to June 2011)
  9. Loppen

New additions

The Philanthropist: For members that support the regiment financially.
    thephilanthropist.png

Tutor: For officers/veterans who consistently take the applicants under their wings.
    tutor.png

The Bombardier: For a person that is seen as the "sensei" of artillery.
    prestige_the_bombardier.png

Totenkopf: For a person that is seen as the "sensei" of cavalry.
    prestige_totenkopf.png

Hitman: No matter the situation, this person takes care of business - in melee or shooting.
    **Receiver must have "Melee Sensei" and "Designated Marksman" before receiving this award**
    prestige_hitman.png

10. Loppen

Only 2 members of the 19te has this High Prestige Award. My twin Deafbee and ... guess who :grin:

prestige_designated_marksman.png

Designated Marksman
    For continuous prefect shooting.
  11. Loppen

On request by the 19te Prussian Infantry, I have added a Gemeiner rank and a new graphic for Obergefreiter.

All rank files updated including the source files.

Back
Top Bottom