Recent content by Locksher

1. Locksher

My Shield-maidens aren't "maidens"

Tried it in the editor it seems that editor has a little bug while copying troops. it ignores skin value.

Don't bother, i figured it out. I created a male camp defender copy. Added 1 to the party. Appeared in the alley quest with me as male. Good. Saved and quitted. Opened the editor, changed it to female. Opened the game and the saved game. It's male. Started a new game. In the alley fight it is female. It seems troop skin is stored in the save file and overwrites what's read from the troops.txt file.
    You need to create a new game or use this saved game editor it may edit troop skins. I never used it before.
    Loool. Thanks, dude, you saved me a lot of trouble.

Start a new save-the magical solution to everything when nothing makes sense anymore. ?

Honestly, tho, you guys are awesome. You and Earëndil. <3
  2. Locksher

I think I have an idea what's happening. I need to use the module system and edit the module_troops.py, where the flags of the troops are hardcoded. Here's something closer to my issue: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/morghs-editor-male-female-other-issue.308307/
  3. Locksher

Camp defender has those flags your unit has extra shield and helmet guarantee, maybe those flags are causing the issue. You can try one by one to figure out which one flips the skin.

Edit: If you can't figure out the exact issue just make the male version. Save. Open the troops.txt

Fifth value in the name line is the flags variable. Skin uses the first 4 bits. Male is 0 and female is 1. Increasing the flag value by 1 should make it female.
    I removed the shield maiden, made a new one, identical to "camp defender", without changing any flags(deliberately, to see if the issue is caused by changing flags), I also made sure that the fifth value is 1, in game, it's still a dude. I'll think about that later, but now im going to bed, cause it's quite late in my country. Thanks for the assistance, either way.
  4. Locksher

Might be some sort of overflow bug related to the tool. If you copied the troop from a male troop, delete it and try copying a female troop and editing it.
    I copied it from "camp defender", which is female. Later I returned to find out it was checked as "male". I checked it from "male" to "female", but it still appears as male in game. I'll try to create it again, as you recommended and report what happens.
  5. Locksher

I'm trying to make a custom troop unit, called "Shield Maiden" via Morph's Editor, flagged as "female", but it always comes up as male in game. Any ideas?
  6. Locksher

Can I choose my character creation(backstory) menu?

Some mods (like Native) use game menus. Others use presentations (I think mods use Floris as the base mod use these). Perisno also has a unique presentation for character creation. It's easy to differantiate. Menus have text at the upper half of the screen, and some options to choose from at the lower part of the screen. Presentations are fancier looking. They can have buttons, images, comboboxes (a box with multiple selectable objects to choose from) etc.
    Unfortunately, as Eärendil Ardamírë said, it's not easy to change these stuff.

I don't remember any mods which has a worse character creation screen than the Native module :smile: Can you name a couple i'd like to check out
    I think "Realistic mod" or sth like that and other mods, they don't even ask for your backstory(your father was...later in life...then you became), you don't even pick your nationality(where to spawn), and you don't even get to fight the guy at the beginning...just pick your stats and start. Nothing bad with that in general, I just like RP.
    In the "realistic" mod, they don't even ask you where you want to spawn, just assume you're Swadian and you start at Praven. Bth, I don't even play this mod, just cpied the combat animations. xD

PS: RIP, George Carlin, my idol.
  7. Locksher

You can edit it if you have the Module System (Source Code) of the respective mods. Changing it via txt files is not really doable.
    Ok. I was hoping that would not be the case, but thanks for the info.
  8. Locksher

So, I've been playing multiple mods and I really like the RP aspect of it at the beginning(character creation), where you pick your background. I've also noticed some mods are missing the background feature and the character creation is oversimplified. Is it possible to use one mod's character...
  9. Locksher

Custom Weapon Position/Sheath

Thanks a lot. It worked:axe_right_hip

Here's how, for those of you who, like me, need a graphical explaination:
    I coplied the axe mesh, named it one_handed_war_axe_a_scabbard (or whatever)
    And then editted the line in "item_kinds1.txt", analogically to how sword scabbards are coded there.
    I then editted the one_handed_war_axe_a_scabbard's coordinates so that it's fixed to my character's right hip(that's about +4800 on the Y).
    Of couse, you have to do it for each axe/mace mesh you want to move to your right hip, but if you're a historical-accuracy maniac like me, it's worth it.
  10. Locksher

Start Battle From The Right of my Army

are you using motomataru's formation script? i don't think this is a thing in native?
    Nope. I'll look it up, if that's your suggestion. Do you recommend?
  11. Locksher

Start Battle From The Right of my Army

Hi, I was wondering, is it possible to mod my game, so that my character's starting position in battle is on the right of the army, instead of starting from the left side?
  12. Locksher

I use no editor, I use the Module System, the source code to say. Look up how swords are done, they have an ixmesh for the scabbards. Basically do the same again, only with the axe_carry as mesh. It's not a new weapon entry.
    Thanks. I'll try it and check it as 'solved' if it works.
  13. Locksher

I think you are using Morgh's Editor then, that's working with it as well. Copy paste the mesh and name it whatevernameaxe_carry. Select one of the right hip carry flags and assign the mesh to the carry ixmesh like I mentioned above, only via Morgh's Editor then, it should have a similar function. Look how it looks in-game and think about how you want to rotate it. Then rotate/move it (the duplicate) via OpenBRF and check if it looks fine afterwards in-game (you need to restart the game for this). Repeat this until it looks fine.
    What is the editor you use? Because I don't think it would happen with Morphs. I have openBRF for the meshes, but where can I find the carry "ixmesh"? I mean, I know how to assign a carry flag to an existing mesh/axe(via Morphs) but if I create a copy mesh of the axe, assign it one of the carry flags and then move/rotate it, as you mentioned, I'm basically adding a new weapon to the game and I can either equip the original axe(and nothing changes) or my copy of it, which stays on my right hip as I want, but won't wield properly.

Morphs basically edits items_kind1.txt, which, If I know the codes for the positions, I can edit manually.
  14. Locksher

OpenBRF is a valid alternative, was not aware that so many are still useing the old brf editor ^^
    At the item entry in module_items.py you can make use of the ixmesh setting ixmesh_carry, you can see this being used at swords for scabbards or at munition like arrows, bolts, etc. So you can copy paste your item in OpenBRF (or BRF Editor) and add it in the item entry as follows (example taken from Native):
    Code:
    ["hand_axe",         "Hand Axe", [("hatchet",0), ("hatchet_carry",ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise| itp_primary|itp_secondary|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itc_scimitar|itcf_carry_axe_left_hip,
    24 , weight(2)|difficulty(7)|spd_rtng(95) | weapon_length(75)|swing_damage(27 , cut) | thrust_damage(0 ,  pierce),imodbits_axe ],
    The rest is about trial and error. Try with the different available carry flags. For the right hip you have: itcf_carry_dagger_front_right, itcf_carry_quiver_front_right, itcf_carry_quiver_back_right, itcf_carry_quiver_right_vertical, itcf_carry_revolver_right.

First test which carry flags looks the closest to what you want to look it like in-game. Afterwards rotate the mesh in one of the above mentioned editors until it looks alright, testing it in-game.
    Ok, so if I understand you correctly, your suggestion is to make a copy of the axe mesh, change it's coordinates, so it fits my right hip and then use that copy as a carry flag? And where is "module_items.py" ? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Sorry for being noob, btw, that's why I'm here. xD
  15. Locksher

Custom carry flags are not possible. You need to rely on one of the given ones and rotate/move your mesh in OpenBRF accordingly.
    So I can't mess with the carry flags but I can fix the coordinates of the mesh itself? Yeah, I have open BRF. I might give it a try. But which file should I edit? The mesh of the axe itself?

Also wouldn't that mess with the positioning of the axe while I'm wielding it?
Back
Top Bottom