Recent content by Locklave

1. NM

Redacted because it's addressed by mexxico in another thread.
  2. Professionalism

They did it again 15 mins ago lol. Probably because of your thread
    Did what? Oh a patch, literally checked after writing that lol. w/e it's just more of the same, I don't think they'd give a damn what I though or posted.

Your avatar looks so sad. Poor Pepe.
  3. Professionalism

I play the game on Steam, but I very rarely read the Steam forums and have never posted there, not even once. Hence the Steam forum is completely irrelevant to me, and I am sure I am not alone in this. Yes, ideally they would post that kind of information in multiple places, but given how things are going it appears that even getting communication here is difficult. If they have to chose one place where to post relevant information, it should be this forum. And it's not a big deal if that information is just a click away.

If you feel that things not being posted on Steam is the core problem then I guess that the people bashing you were not entirely wrong after all (although I would still disagree with the tone with which that was done). The core problem to me is that TW as an organization is being chaotic and disorganized about everything they do, including communicating with people. As @hruza said, that is not exactly anything new, although one can always hope that it will get better at some point.

@The Sign of 33 why is it that everytime I see you posting you are always trying to flame? Take a chill pill, this is not helping anyone.

It's their communications strategy, or lack there of. Steam is a symptom, which you offhandedly dismiss. But do feel free to dismiss it and defend the problem as a whole in the process.

Your post takes a very condescending dismissive tone regardless of how politely it's presented.

edit:
    **** Steam right? There I said it for you.
  4. Professionalism

Now this I don't agree with.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/

Should this be on Steam yes or no? If you say no then we are at an impasse because I feel this is core to the problem. I have no interest in debating metrics as that feels like a red herring, everyone with the game is on Steam, not everyone is here.
  5. Professionalism

Knowing this is aggravating to say the least. I guess personal attacks against me deserve to be seen still.
  6. STR requirements for armor/weapons

Oh, it worked in VC. And I agree totally it distorts things to not have it. But players were very much of a variety of feelings about it and split on whether they actually used the system or not (it was optional). I will disagree that armor weight is meaningless though, unless you mean that it only comes up in sieges and tournaments, since most players fight mounted.
    Sorry, I should have qualified the statement about armor weight. I was being overly simplistic. I mean that athletics can completely cancel out the weight of armor and riding a horse negates it.

I have tons of experience with high athletics builds as I enjoy suicidal foot combat. Weight matters till it doesn't matter.

I agree with your assessment of stamina in VC. It was something that was manageable and really made sense IRL where stopping to catch your breath helps you recover.
  7. Professionalism

They need to assign it to a TW mod or a Steam mod if time/personal stuff is the issue. I'm sure they could even find a responsible community member to do it if they had to (no way in hell I'm talking about me here, lol).

@The Sign of 33 That first post made me want to react the same way, I understand, but this issue is important. Please, don't continue like that.

Lets not forget the random dev posts going into great detail about the current state of the game being hidden in random posts. This stuff needs to be in a blog so people know what the devs are working on and what the current thinking is on problems. A lot of the community has no clue where the devs minds are atm and frankly having searched for all those random posts I'm still at a loss when it comes to the direction the patches were taking.

People need to understand the thought process, not the details, but simply the intent behind changes or intended changes.

edit:

Everything posted here for information purposes needs to be posted on Steam. That's where the lions share of the player population is.
  8. Professionalism

3 hotfixes have been applied in 1 week, I believe, as I have no reliable way of keeping track or checking. I have no clue what the last 2 did because only the first one got linked by a Steam user to a random thread in this forum.
  9. STR requirements for armor/weapons

Stamina was always controversial in its application when it came to Warband mods and I can see why they left it out entirely when it came the vanilla experience of Bannerlord.
    It seemed to work fine in VC and balanced armor. Currently armor weight is nearly meaningless.
  10. STR requirements for armor/weapons

This is why stamina is required. Heavy armor is so much better then every other option if their is no stamina. 30 minute long fight and the heaviest armored troops are screwed, rather should be. They'd reach exhaustion sooner. That includes the horses.

Instead of that heavy armor is just better always.
  11. Professionalism

They don't post information in easy to find locations, that's a reasonable thing to expect. Hotfix patch note being hidden in a random thread is not normal or professional.

Who did I blindly blanket insult? It has nothing to do with you or random posters support.

edit:

I seriously think you should re read my post as your reply is wildly off base.

There I edited the OP (working for) added, I was referring to people who aren't devs doing support functions. We'll pretend I'm to blame for you jumping to conclusions even though the entire content of the post doesn't support that conclusion.
  12. Professionalism

Does it matter to the dev team and the people supporting (working for) them? It appears not to from my perspective. Hotfix details, posted in random threads. Patches going live on Steam with no notes or hidden in existing earlier note spawning "where are the patch notes" threads. A number of...
  13. Cutural perks?

I know that the Khuzait and Sturgian bonuses definitely work, but I have not investigated enough to see if they all work. But maybe if some work all work? Hard to say without more data

Their is no snow mechanic. So it's moving 20% faster on a thing that isn't in the game.

How can you say Sturgia works? I can literally see the Khuzait bonus on the breakdown.

edit:
    Being more clear, snow is not something that effects armies speed currently.
  14. Cutural perks?

Seems to indicate that troop groups get 20% more experience gained in battle. I play

According to one of the patches, 1.3 maybe, they are all working. So one can assume the bonus is applied after combat. All the features I could test seemed to work, the only one that doesn't work or rather can't work is the Sturgia snow bonus because snow mechanics don't exist at this point.
  15. lol Can we finally allow crossbow reloading on horses please?

They just need to have different crossbow types like bows, some that work on horseback. Other then appearance how are crossbows and bows even different mechanically other then 1 firing more slowly and doing more damage?

Every other weapon has variants that are slower and harder hitting.

This historical debate is moot. It would be balanced.
Back
Top Bottom