Recent content by Lithane97

1. Lithane97

SP - General Could we get a recuriter to go out and get recruits for us

A way you can have something similar to this happen, with no control over what troop types you are getting, is to order a companion to form a party, then once you see they are maxed out party size just disband their party. The party will travel to the nearest friendly garrison and dissolve into it. Then you just raid the garrisons for recruits.
  2. Lithane97

SP - General Troops go to loose formation no matter what when issuing commands

I've noticed since coming back and playing the game within the last week that when issuing orders to my infantry (which is somewhere in the range of 200 troops most the time) the units start in line formation, but as soon as I try to issue a hold position command at a new location, they want to...
  3. Lithane97

SP - General troop keep reversing to their original formation unit type

Are you seeing this outside of battles in the world map, or mid battle? Because I see a lot of times when you press f6 in battles, the ai just goes ahead and messes your formation groups all to pieces, and arranges them however they want. But that doesn't effect out of battle formation groups.
  4. Lithane97

Make sense please.

One hopes. As things stand now, the economic system is broken, the AI recruitment is broken, Looters are broken, sieges are ... ok, less broken than Warband, but still ...

Only thing that is seeming REALLY broken to me right this second is the armies never having enough food. I was just watching one of my vassal armies running around and there was like 900 of them in an army, they went to siege a castle and I was standing around smacking enemy armies that came near, I look over and they start dropping in numbers like flies... 1000 men just dying like crazy because AI can't buy more than a days worth of food *smh*.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "the economic system is broken"? Seems fine to me.
    Also what is wrong with ai recruitment?
    And if your looters are feeling broken, just change the difficulty setting to something other than realism, because that was giving me a headache, getting stoned to death on my horse like they were shooting me with heatseeking missiles. ?
  5. Lithane97

Make sense please.

It sounds like you are compiling a list of things that sure, don't quite make sense, but at the same time was it even really meant to be that way in the first place? I feel like most the things in the game at this point regarding perks and weapon balancing etc. are very much GOING to be changed, so making a complaint like, "Why are all these things like this???" Seems a bit weird, rather just make a list of all the things that don't logically make sense, then let them decide from there what will and won't work in their game design?
    Trying to pin all these little bits down as bad game design is short sighted considering it's abundantly clear that everything in the game is subject to change, and it seems like most of their time is spent just adding in new things, fixing errors that cause the game to be unplayable etc. rather than focusing on balancing as much. They will no doubt get to balancing these things, but it's clearly not a priority for their team.
  6. Lithane97

Constructive critique: Gameplay

"I liked Warband... But I never thought it was a good game."
    ?
    For A do you mean the terrain movement speed penalties that occur when you are walking over different terrain by chance? Such as when walking through a forest, or an ice biome, etc. If so then that's just the way it works. Otherwise I'm not really sure what exactly you are referencing.
  7. Lithane97

Athletic is much slower to rise up, than riding

Pretty sure I have seen my athletics rise while using throwing weapons on horseback so...

I said km/h not m/s. Sure it's "only" 26 m/s or 93 km/h or 58 mph, which is impossible speed for a horse. Horse speed world record is 77.6 km/h, other sources say 70.7 km/h. And it was a race horse on a track, not some war horse in the field.

But I know that this is a game and all that. Wasn't going to delve into discussion of realism, just expressed sincere surprise at such numbers.
    Except for the fact that these numbers don't necessarily translate directly from real world to game, they are essentially just placeholder numbers so the game can do math for things like damage. So it really shouldn't matter, unless the horses are actually traveling that fast in game, in which case nerf please.
  8. Lithane97

[1.3.0 Beta] Strategic skills of Sturgians are... surprising

The sally out bug is going to be causing massive changes in lands, I mean the defenders are losing sieges in days instead of the weeks or longer that it should take. Until that is fixed the idea there are deeper issues can't really be delved into, because the sally out bug is such a big problem.
  9. Lithane97

Couldnt complete main quest in 10 years!!!PLS FIX

If you make it to 10 years into the game without progressing the main quest that seems like a you issue. You are playing a bit too slow lol. Make a new game and play a little faster this time. You will find that after figuring out the mechanics better, new playthroughs will progress more smoothly, unless you didn't actually learn anything from your previous ones, which again is a you issue.
  10. Lithane97

SP - General Early Access = Exhausting Alpha

Hi, just wanted to start and say I like your name, it made me giggle quite badly, hahah. And also that I agree. Right now, the Steam discussions are essentially aflame with white knights screeching "IT'S EARLY ACCESS YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE" ad infinitum. It seems TW is more keen on bowing down to the whims of greasy Youtubers than listening to bug reports instead of useful criticism. I don't think fixing perks should take that long, at least not the simple ones.

I had a companion with zero in EVERYTHING, she didn't even get any focus points to start with. She was a trainwreck and on top of that, had NEGATIVE level up progress. It was -120. So she needed about 150 skillups to even get ONE focus point.
    Why would you get a companion with 0 in everything? You can see the skills they have BEFORE you get them, so you should never be surprised. That same mindset expands to this entire thread, every single thing mentioned here can be worked around by simply playing the game for fun, rather than trying to power level everything... I would imagine it's INTENDED to be played for fun and NOT to power level your character to god status in the first hour of gameplay. Imagine it like real life, everything takes time, but can be accomplished. Don't think of it as a rush and you will get to where you are going. The main gripe I see in this game is when someone is trying to FORCE their way to max of anything. If you just play the game and survive / thrive without trying to max anything out all at once, things go so much more smoothly.

For example trade, if you actually take the time and properly learn good trade routes you don't need the little price indicators that tell you exactly what prices to buy at and sell at every time. You can instead make an educated decision that something is typically cheap one place, (desert horses in the villages of the Aserai) and is expensive in other places, (desert horses in the kingdom of Vlandia). It's essential to understand where things are produced and where they are not. There is an infinite number of combinations for trade routes like this, and if you combine them into a circuit you can be maxing out your trade skill in no time while making a tidy profit. Go watch a simple video on youtube about it if you really want to get all the ins and outs. And this applies to practically everything in the list, sure there are some things that are completely bugged out but from what I've seen they are fixing those things steadily.

Except if you ever save and reload... or any other thing that resets the price log.

Also it isn't practical to go around buying and selling things if you rushed renown and you're at war and you have a fief that needs defending.

Also why would I go around buying and selling things like a fool to begin with when just having 1 high-trade Aserai party member caravan breaks the gold game giving 3kgp a day?

What? Are you just spending hundreds of hours grinding looters and buying/selling like a bot?
    No sir, all you have to do is spend your time running around leveling a party, killing things for loot, trading while completing things to level your renown, and eventually establishing caravans and perhaps even joining a kingdom / forming one. If you are actively doing multiple tasks at once, (trading, looting, questing, trying to get a wife) then you will have a much easier / faster time of leveling everything than if you spend all of your time doing ONE thing, like trying to level smithing. I find trade is just so lucrative there is no better way to start a game, you will just be rolling in money to the point where you can become a vassal and forget all about money while it passively rolls in, and if you have a good grasp of the trade mechanics and supply and demand, it's fairly easy to start trading.
  11. Lithane97

Killing lower tier units gives more xp than killing higher tier units?

XP gain is quite low for myself, my army and my companions. For the longest time I wondered if companions actually leveled up or not. I no longer take recruits as soldiers as it takes to long to level them past the footman (level 2) stage. XP gain is just too stingy across the board.
    If you are having issues leveling then you just need to autoresolve battles against huge hordes of looters, your troops can only be wounded worst case, and you level all your troops to max insanely fast. Someone mentioned that simulated battles have a x8 multiplier, I'm assuming he's right, there is a noticable difference in how fast your troops level fighting vs simulating battles.
  12. Lithane97

About that 65K plate armor.

There should be more items instead on tiers with prices in between!
    The 600k armor is ok because you will make that cash when you fight real armies.

The problem is some items are almost the same powerful but very cheap! The weapons the same. And no weapons for 600k. why?

You reach top end gear instantly because there is nothing in between. Too few things to grab.
    Agreed, I have no issue with pricing things super high, money is easy to come by. But the fact you can kill some sea raiders and get some top tier gear is hilarious, when that gear is as good as the things you can find for 100's of thousands of denar.
  13. Lithane97

[Suggestion] How to level companions

Isn't that already the way it works? As far as the caravans thing, they are supposed to level trading, but it seems to be broken...
  14. Lithane97

Being a Vassal is a scam

I dunno wtf the calculations are for probability of getting a fief in bannerlord. I got Gaos castle when I initially joined up w/ the Southern Empire, went campaigning for a bit, about a month or two later Lycaron was taken, and I participated in the army which retook it. I then got Lycaron for some unknown reason. This is wack as hell.

Also, fiefs pale in comparison to caravans when it comes to making money. Each caravan is making me 1k+ gold per day, and that's without the wages perk from trade (I thought workshops would be better but they got capped to 200 :c). Workshops can also be a fast source of income, just leave one running for a while and it'll build up some insane capital (I've left a pottery shop running for a month and I can already sell it for 18k, not to mention the 200 gold a day is nice).
    The 200 gold cap was removed in the patch yesterday. They are just far less profitable than before the 200 cap, because there was basically a bug causing smithing and wood workshop to give you 10k+ per day.
  15. Lithane97

Settlement Food Exporting = Starvation

I can't figure why as prosperity goes up, my food supply goes down. I can't keep my castle fed.
    I think that's intended, in order to show that as you gain people / prosperity, more food is required.
Back
Top Bottom