Recent content by Leoranthian

1. Leoranthian

Clothes in field / castles

aerendhil said:
    Hi there,

In Warband , lords (not the player) have differents clothes set when they're met in battle and when they're met in feasts.
    Could we have the same for player in Bannerlord ?
    Equiping a "military set" for outdoor and a "civilian set" for feasts  (and even a third for sneaking)
    - Civilian set could provide a bonus to charisma and/or persuasion
    - Sneaking set would be limited to some dark or commoner clothes
    (In Warband, we actually get a sneaking attire but I would like it to be customisable to a degree)

Thks,
    That's very reminiscent of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. In KC:grin: people react to you differently based upon how you're dressed, and I would love to see that implemented in Bannerlord. I doubt that what they've already implemented will actually affect anything besides your character's appearance, but it would be cool to see it have an actual mechanical use. That would up the immersion, and I'm all about that immersion. Part of what I always loved about Warband was the ability to roleplay as whoever and whatever I want.

Speaking of roleplaying, your profile picture really throws me back. I remember using that portrait a time or two in Neverwinter Nights, specifically when I was trying to run an arcane archer. I don't know if you stripped your profile picture straight out of the Neverwinter Nights portrait bin or if you pulled it off of google images, but I was nevertheless surprised to see it on the Taleworlds forums lol
  2. Leoranthian

Crosshair design too modern

Here's my hot take; how about no crosshairs? I know that sounds silly and painful, but I'm being serious. Kinda like Kingdom Come: Deliverance style.
    It would make archery much more difficult while also cranking up that juicy immersion :fruity:

lolxd said:
    JuanNieve said:
    when bannerlord is released, I will put some of these XD
    preview.jpg
    you're not funny
    just stfu
    I don't know about that one, chief. I thought it was pretty funny. It even got a quick nose exhale out of me
  3. Leoranthian

Appreciation for the sountrack

As someone who has always appreciated the musical side of Mount & Blade, that blog excited me greatly when it was originally posted. I loved the musical scores in Warband. The main menu music has a very special place in my nostalgic heart. Even the mildly annoying tavern music does, to an extent.
    So, seeing the amount of time and effort that Taleworlds put into Bannerlord's soundtrack is just super exciting.

I had almost forgotten about my hype for Bannerlord's OST. Thanks for reminding me :lol:
  4. Leoranthian

SP - General [Poll] Different Vassal Titles in Relation to Power

This doesn't quite stick to the original point, but I think it's still relevant--I would at the very least like to actually have my name change, whether it be following the OP's system or Senshi's system.

Sure, in Warband you could look in the reports and see what your standing was, but your name never actually changed. I didn't go from Luthais, to Jarl Luthais, to King Luthais, for example. I know that we as the player did have the ability to change our name whenever we pleased, but that's not what I'm talking about. I would like it to actually follow a titling system that changes my character's name on the fly--without my input.

Honestly, proper titling based upon your holdings is secondary to me as long as I see my character's name dynamically change. I think that the level of immersion would be much greater for me if it actually changed dynamically.

But now that I've got that out of the way, yeah--I would love to see a proper naming scheme based upon one's actual holdings. A variety of titles certainly adds to the immersion, and there are actually multiple mods that attempted this in Warband, i.e. Floris. I'm pretty sure the names were hard-coded in Floris and didn't dynamically change based upon holdings, but from what I remember the initial titles that they had were based upon the amount of holdings that the characters had.

I could be remembering that wrong; maybe the titles in Floris actually did change dynamically. But regardless, I feel like this is a case where Taleworlds would benefit from following the example of the modding community. I would LOVE to see legitimate landed titles.
  5. Leoranthian

Dev Blog 12/09/19

I don't think I've seen anyone take notice of this yet... But I truly and deeply fear Ospir. Ospir is the one true face of war. The very world quakes with his every step, and the people tremble.

oWOgZ.png

Kinda gives me Teethman vibes :lol:

TUpGn.jpg
  6. Leoranthian

Dev Blog 29/03/19

Admittedly, I don't do multiplayer--however, I am still very pleased to see this. This feels like the first step towards something substantial :party:

Side note: I've seen a couple Youtubers mentioned in this thread, but I haven't seen Simo or Koifish mentioned. They have decently sized fan bases and could be helpful for getting the word out.
  7. Leoranthian

Dev Blog 07/03/19

Oswald III said:
    This devblog got so bullied they don't even want to see the future comments

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k
  8. Leoranthian

Dev Blog 07/03/19

mike56 said:
    ... So... no dev blog today, huh?

devblog when?
  9. Leoranthian

Dev Blog 14/02/18

578 said:
    This debate is beginning to be tiring at this point, I always play infantry and rather unorhodox builds in mount and blade and still manage to conquer all of it. My latest character was a thrower/1 handed athletics nord. Cavalry should be dominant in open flat areas, take note of the map before you complain. There are countless of mountains in Bannerlord maps, including forest areas with a many rocky hills that infantry and other units will definitely thrive. We cant go and throw realism out there just for the sake of nerfing cavalry, otherwise we would need advanced system like traps, pikes hidden in land etc. The biggest issue with cavalry for me was in mutliplayer that player skill is far superior than this of bots, but it definitely was not in single player.

+1
    As someone who hates cavalry with a passion and heavily leans towards infantry/archers, I actually agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. Cavalry should be dominant in open flat areas.
    M&B takes place in a fantasy setting--we don't need to go overboard with all of the calls for realism here.
  10. Leoranthian

Bardic abilities?

Rabies said:
    You could maybe use it as cover for your true profession as an underworld crime lord or assassin or something. Use the pretext of being an entertainer to gain access to feasts, then rob the place or poison someone's drink!

That sounds like a job for mods, but I would absolutely love that!
  11. Leoranthian

Bardic abilities?

John C said:
    Yes, that would be possible. But there would hardly come a point where the nobles say: "This guy played such great music for so long now, let's make him a lord and give him a fief."

What you could do, is invest your earnings into businesses, and become powerful that way. But then it would basically be a prelude (:smile:) to being a merchant.

I'd love it if music played a bigger role in the game world. But I think it would fit better if you hired bards and have them sing of your deeds, rather than being one yourself.

Admittedly, it would seem a tad bit silly to jump from a court bard to a landed lord. No matter how I slice it, it would seem that primarily being a bard would lead to a bit of a dead end.

Perhaps you're right. I'd still like to see it as a potential path that the player can take, but maybe as a sort of middle ground there could be bardic companions! :wink:

Roudrac said:
    Playable music instruments would certainly be a nice feature. Maybe not adding a full bard character path, but they could implement something like a skill in music and poetry. In warband you could declaim poetry to a lady. Maybe they could build up on that, making you up able to sing during banquets or give rousing speeches to your men before the battle.

I'd still want a little bit more, but that's probably just me being game-feature greedy if I'm honest.

Please do not double post, you can edit your own posts to add more information/reply to more quotes, you can also add multiple quotes within one post.
  12. Leoranthian

Bardic abilities?

John C said:
    Having bards in your party to improve morale seems like a good idea. However, if the party leader, the one who is supposed to lead in battle, was a bard, I don't think the soldiers would be too impressed.

No matter his skill in music, they'd hardly trust him to be a capable warrior who can lead them safely to the next opportunity to spend their wages, if he's perceived primarily as a musician.

Following an alternative playstyle, you'd make the rounds in taverns to play there, avoiding combat. But how much money and fame (other than specifically for music) can you really earn that way?

I guess you'd have to be a warrior poet to keep the trust of your men. :razz:

But as for making money and fame? Hmmm. I suppose it just depends on how highly esteemed you are. Perhaps you could get the attention of a high ranking lord and become a court bard?

DtheHun said:
    And how a bard's fame would make his claim for crown legit? Could that substitute the renown for battles?
    ...OK, it worked for Elvis.

You must become the King of the Lute :lol:

Please do not double post, you can edit your own posts to add more information/reply to more quotes, you can also add multiple quotes within one post.

13. Leoranthian

How should bannerlord make money?

rnaD86 said:
    Luthais Eldrin said:
    I don't believe that they would actually need to do anything else to make money.

Aside from the obvious.  :mrgreen:

Stating the obvious is what I do best :wink:
  14. Leoranthian

Bardic abilities?

578 said:
    So far nothing has been said for playable musical instruments or available playthoughs as a musician. But what the end game would be? What is the goal of a bard in an open full of hostilities?

You bring up a good point. As a bard, there's only so far you could really climb up the bardic ladder before you reach the top. I guess being a bard in a world like Bannerlord would only be a temporary station... Perhaps it would just be a sort of alternative path to reaching mid/late game?
  15. Leoranthian

How should bannerlord make money?

Blead said:
    Yeah nah, Bannerlord Merchandize though. I would buy a Mount&blade Bannerlord T-shirt or a cup that says "butterlord".

Ah yes, that would be perfection. I could definitely get behind that.

However, I don't believe that they would actually need to do anything else to make money. They have sold 6 million copies of Mount & Blade, so if they just sold half that many of Bannerlord copies at 60 bucks a pop, they would be standing to rake in 180 million dollars. That seems like plenty of cash to fund development in my humble opinion.
Back
Top Bottom