Recent content by Leifr Eiríksson

1. Leifr Eiríksson

Vikingr in Bannerlord?

Afternoon.

As an update to this thread (five years later), it was made to our attention recently that another group are using the Víkingr namesake in their own efforts to produce a mod for Bannerlord. Whilst they are obviously free to make their own version in the spirit of the original Víkingr found here in Warband, we thought it was relatively bad taste and poor form to ape the mod right down to the name. Thorkell was approached and asked about it a couple of months back, and as far as I recall he asked them not to use the name. As far as I care, Víkingr was a community endeavour with many excellent contributors over the years. The new team are free to use whatever assets they desire for Bannerlord (so long as credit for the original author is given!), however we would prefer that a new and different name is used - if only to preserve the memories of Víkingr and maintain its fine reputation as one of Warband's premier multiplayer experiences.

I will not share the link for the new Bannerlord mod, but it is easy enough to find.

I hope and trust that this message finds you all in good health and good spirits; from one old raider to another, skål!

Leifr.
  2. Leifr Eiríksson

Patch Notes e1.8.0

I'm glad this is stable now.... but is this update the reason I can't launch the 1.7.1 version anymore?

Same for myself and friends; we would like to continue playing 1.7.2 but it crashes on launch now after the rollback.
  3. Leifr Eiríksson

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.3

That must be why I have to sit around for ten minutes in EU matchmaking with the other fifteen people.
    ALT+F4 ... worst decision ever for TaleWorlds.
  4. Leifr Eiríksson

Where are you seeing BL MP numbers?

The server list and the sum of forty players earlier on today.
  5. Leifr Eiríksson

There are more people in Warband MP right now than Bannerlord, what a sorry state TaleWorlds have made this game in to.
  6. Leifr Eiríksson

Historical Discussion

We used our endless imagination.
  7. Leifr Eiríksson

Resolved Cannot help caravan when a not-an-enemy-of-me attacking it

That is a ridiculous design decision, setting up the player for immediate failure without recourse.
  8. Leifr Eiríksson

Clan System Questions

Multiplayer facking sucks, it isn't a patch on Warband.
    It's still nigh impossible to find your friends in an active game, impossible to join friends in an ongoing game, impossible to invite to party if someone isn't at the lobby. I really struggle to see how TaleWorlds have cocked up Bannerlord MP so hard when they had a winning formula in Warband.
  9. Leifr Eiríksson

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

No battle mode and no free-selection of equipment, Bannerlord MP is still a shambles.
  10. Leifr Eiríksson

MP dying real fast

I will definitely continue playing SP in Bannerlord, I can see the potential moving onwards.
    MP is a hot mess, and is about as far removed from the fun of Warband as one could be. We've given up on MP and won't be returning to it again, not for a long time at least.
  11. Leifr Eiríksson

The 22nd Battalion

What happened to Plazek?
    Great to see that the 22nd are still functioning; we had some rough times, but you were great fun to scrap around with.
  12. Leifr Eiríksson

B Medieval Fantasy t

"Yea, I will drink thy blood gladly, that so I may forget the blood of Beleg my master, and the blood of Brandir slain unjustly. I will slay thee swiftly."
Back
Top Bottom