Recent content by LeafBL

1. Please change the default keybinds for Console menu!

I'm sorry if I missed it, but I can't find any keybinds for console. Currently it is Alt+§, for me atleast. Sometimes I use § to look around and also pressing alt to see where my teammates are and then I get the console menu up. It's super annoying and actuelly got me killed 2 times.
  2. Does MP work in the Beta Branch?

Been in a 2 man que for some time now after downloading the Beta Branch. Does Mp work in Beta Branch?
  3. More official servers, please! Big Clans cant play properly.

Pretty much the whole organised part of the MP community is clogged up until private dedicated servers becomes available. If we get dedicated private servers we can do so much with it. We can host trainings, start doing battles and events. We will make the most of it that's for sure.
  4. MP Siege

The defenders need a limit ammount of respawns. That will force the most people to stay inside the Castle and not charging out permanently. Why staying inside, when they have unlimited spawns. This is the biggest issue i think.

At the moment its TDM with a Castle and Flags.

EDIT: Also a rised spawn timer for the attackers can help to prevent a too quick los. While the defenders would have limited ammount of lives.
    great idea!
  5. Is there a quick reference sheet anyone has made for the combat commands?

Maybe I missunderstood your problem(if so sorry). You can press numbers 1,2 or 3 to choose Infantry, Archers and Cavalry. For example, you press 1 which is infantry then you see all the F-Key options which is F1-F7(though you motly only use F1-F3). If you press the wrong F-key then you can just press number 1 again and it resets the F-key menu without making any commands other then selecting selecting infantry again ofcourse. So it makes it quite easy to just reset and go for what you wanted first and after some mistakes at first you will quickly remember which button leads where. Unless you want to be super duper commander that shouts out all kind of formations and orders every 15 seconds in the middle of a fight to min-max his troops you will do fine remembering the few that you often need to use in important situations like F1+F3=Charge, F1-F1=Go to this position and F1-F2= Follow Me. The other commands most players only use at the beginning of a battle or when you have some time to take some extra seconds to navigate to them.

Maybe you only wanted a something you could print out so you could study it. But I figured this make it a little bit easier for you to incase you didn't know about.
    Found this from a gaming site, I haven't checked if they are all correct but I believe so:smile:

• F1: Movement
      • F1: To position
      • F2: Follow Me
      • F3: Charge
      • F4: Advance
      • F5: Fallback
      • F6: Stop
      • F7: Retreat
      • F9: Return
    • F2: Facing
      • F1: Face direction
      • F2: Face enemy
    • F3: Form
      • F1: Line
      • F2: Shield wall
      • F3: Loose
      • F4: Circle
      • F5: Square
      • F6: Skein
      • F7: Column
      • F8: Scatter
    • F4: Fire
      • Clicking it toggles between “Fire at will” and “Hold fire”.
    • F5: Horse
      • Clicking it toggles between having your troops mount and dismounting their horses.
    • F6: Command
      • Clicking it toggles between delegating your command to your troop’s AI where they decide the best course of action, and listening to your commands.
    • F7: Transfer
      • Clicking it breaks down where you want to transfer specific units on the battlefield. For example, you could want to transfer all mounted troops to a particular location, and then transfer all ranged troops behind them. You can better break them out and have diverse troops everywhere.
  6. I know Ambush mechanic was scrapped. But what was the reason for it and is there any way/chance to have it implemented in the future?

I am also now curious!

If I were to implement ambushes I would set them up sort of like sieges. You would be able to deploy your troops from all sides or whatever advantage the terrain offered you.

Spikes could be set up in front of archers to stop a counter charge. Fields could be soaked in oil (assuming you have some in your inventory)
    Rocks rolled down hills...All the classics.

I have faith they will return by the end of early access in some form. If not then modders will figure something out.
    Problem is how do you go about balancing it. I think this can be really tricky to balance it for the player himself so you don't run into armies that ambush you all the time and you loose everything. And also how do you go about ambushing so it's not OP.

But that's partly why I made this thread ! With some insight and answers from TW maybe people can come with ideas about it.

I believe it's a really hard mechanic to balance in Bannerlord.
  7. Anyway to save formations?

Also, Vlandian Levy Crossbowmen are set to infantry for some reason. Everytime you set them to archers and if you then upgrade them or they die it resets so next time you get them in your army they are set to infantry again.

Sorry don't know any fix to it, just figured I should post it here since it's sorta the same problem.
  8. I know Ambush mechanic was scrapped. But what was the reason for it and is there any way/chance to have it implemented in the future?

I have played the game for 45 hours now and checked the perks looking for Ambush perk since I remember seeing in a video some time ago. Found this thread where Callum states there is no Ambush type feature or mechanic in the game. I can think of reasons why it can be hard to balance/implement in...
  9. My impression of the game after 50 hours of play time.

Agreed, good and well put list. Snowballing is still an issue but I know taleworlds is already working on it. What's left I think is a mix of reasons that makes faction take over the map so fast. But one that interest me most is nr 8. I noticed that the AI often dont use the siege tower that way it's supposed to, which is that there should already be men on top of it when the ramp falls down on the wall. Now they start climbing up the ladders when the ramp falls down which kinda defeats purpose(sure they get a little bit of extra cover) since they get cut down when climbing the ladders as if they would have just run up with 3 ladders to the wall instead of pushing a heavy tower. And sieges are still not that costly for the attackers. A guess is maybe because the attackers have so many routes to go now instead of just 1 ladder like in warband. That the defender AI have trouble covering/pathing them all effectivly. I haven't put so much research or thought into this whilst playing but gonna keep an eye on it from now.
  10. Bannerlord Clan list

Clan name: 84e Regiment
    Clan tag: 84e
    Clan region: EU/INT
    Clan's TW thread or TW group link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?groups/84e-régiment.115/
    Contact's info (links to TW & Steam profiles): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/leafbl.506935/ https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996247413
  11. SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

I don't know, factions in my game are still quite balanced. Was i super lucky? I suspect lots of players don't have issues with it, but they are not gonna go to the forums and write "my game is normal". What you see here are the people complaining, which creates a skewed view of a problem that might not even exist.

I doubt taleworlds hasn't made at least 999 test runs, I would be surprised if they let something this big slide.
    Maybe they should have done 1000:smile:
Back
Top Bottom