Recent content by lcmiracle

1. lcmiracle

My Thoughts After 780 Hours of Playtime

I disagree It works perfectly. Plus there is a mod where you can alter time speed and already in the game is the option to turn of deaths which stops aging too. So that would suit you more i think. I would find it very boring playing this way but its each to there own isn't it .
    Mods, no. Make it in game.
  2. lcmiracle

I love the hire system the two things is warband that always got on my nerves was you didn't age and you were a one man or woman god you couldn't die there was no real danger just how long it took to get power . The hire system for me a least removes that issue. you can turn of aging and player death and that sorts out your dislike of the hire system really .
    Not good enough. The year and day is too short because of the stupid heir system.
  3. lcmiracle

Why does TW hate Vlandians?

Ok, wtf are these TW?

unknown.png

unknown.png

No seriously, did you just lose all sense of art direction? These do not fit in Bannerlord.
    Those certainly looks like they were meant to be lorica segmentata pauldrons, but waayyyy oversized.
    Column_of_Marcus_Aurelius_-_detail3.jpg

Think that's Trajan's Column. I think the fact their attachment point is way above the model's shoulders shows they'd otherwise clip into the Empire armours. Some of the art choices were made to accommodate for animations, I'm sure. Impossible to make every tight-fitting pieces work with every armour piece, so just make it larger than it's harder to notice clipping.
  4. lcmiracle

I have never understood the real reason why (especially in fantasy) armour must look most times clumsy, albeit '''magnificently decorated'' (sometimes). Perhaps had first something to do with sportsfellows like american footballer or (ice) hockey players, both looking more like Hulks. Similar to weapons, a sword or axe looking like 50 pounds in weight is not really combat-ready. Perhaps i was even in past to old as those fantasy started :wink: but for M&B it is something 'new'. (shall fit to console?)^^
    I think the bulky bit is just to impress the male body type -- for the longest time, fantasy warrioress were bikini-clad amazons, they are lucky to get pauldrons, let's the cultural imprints are still there -- inverse triangle upper torso simply looks more impressive. Part of that might have also been the pop-culture fantasy of the American cartoons in the 80s. So the thought process was likely muscle-bound Heman/Conan/what-have-yous gonna wear armour? Bigger torso! Giant pauldrons!

Take Warhammer, for example, their normie humans wore mostly normal armour, though yes, the higher-ups are quite decorated. But the northern barbarian baddies wore armours with pauldrons, when modelled-as-depicted and used in the Warsword Conquest mod, blocks the vision in first person view -- though this also has to do with how games render first person views is different from how we'd see from two eyes.
    KBDAT7F.jpg

The one on the left is a normal dude with rich parents and maybe trained alot. The one on the right does 1,000 push-ups every day since birth, in the winter, outside in the snow, and has supernatural strength granted to them by otherworldly dieties.
  5. lcmiracle

[Poll-Debate] Blood needs to be spilled in the Arena?

If tournaments are all melee then I'd say no blood, but, since the game has to include range to be fair to range-style players, it's hard to argue a high speed thrown blunted spear to the face will not spill blood. This sort thing will not ever be immersive honestly. Rather than the display of blood, I'd rather they give all players equal equipment and such.
  6. lcmiracle

I’m having fun

Glad the initial novelty still has something left to beguile the innocent...
  7. lcmiracle

Challenging army leaders to single combat

Hell, we basically got that in the tutorial, didn't we? Pretty sure the game just paused for the enemy leader to talk to you, but still.
    Even having a pre-battle scene where the enemy leader may ask for a duel instead of a battle, or the player can initiate it would be nice.
  8. lcmiracle

Honestly, William's forces as depicted on the Bayeux tapestry were rather derpy, but whatever, I think TW has taken a good amount of artistic license for the Vlandian's looks in-game. I'd rather say if one goes to the time immediately before the fall of western Rome for inspiration, nearly all armours would be maille and nearly all helmets would have been open-faced, some with aventails. You won't see the use of Lorica Segmentata, like, ever, by that point. Some anachronism is needed for the sack of visual variety and give the game more identity than just maille-wearing dudes poking each other with pointy sticks. Even by the tetrachy the cool-liking L.Segmentata would have been very rare too.
    IMO, not specific to the Vlandians, the more 'exotic' forces like the Khuzaits and the Aserai can get different flavours of the mirror armour. Also Southern Empire, I guess. And why only go forward, why not go a little backwards too? As if a world in chaos isn't cause for people to start reminiscent about the past? Muscle cuirass for the Western Empire, I say.
    Vlandians can get... surcoats. A litte bit of articulated arm armours. Pauldrons that takes the place of shoulder guards.
  9. lcmiracle

I had never been keen to the idea of the heir system, not on the day of the reveal announcement, not when I played the game on release, and certainly not now. But at least, like, they have always been things they could have done to make it work in a single-player game that provides an enjoyable experience to the players.

The wanderer system, for example -- I don't get why it's so hard to just implement a system that spawn new wanderers periodically. Like, the maximum player clan size -- surely that's an easily accessible variable -- and the total number of free wanderers -- a completely trackable sum, just do that. Let's aim for 10 + maximum player clan size as the goal, subtract the number of current clan memebers and total of free wanderers from it -- perhaps even do an age check so characters who are too old are not subtracted from it -- that's the number of free wanderers that should be spawned. Then, if said value is greater than 0, simply generate a number of free wanderers between half that value (rounded up) and the total amount. Done. The game can check it every seaon or year, depending on how scarce one wants wanderers to be.

And clans -- first, don't like the heir system -- if I could I'd mod it out and have a 360-day year mod implemented too. But, if said system is to stay, Clans should have some sort of a system that force add new clan members. Just, plump, boom, pow! There, a new lord. Maybe not even a new lord, just don't show clan notables below a certain age, so there's a chance for a severely low pop clan to get one young heir force-fed to them periodically. It'd help with marriages too to have candidates of breed age -- let it be reminded the "Heir" in the "Heir System".

For players, adoption or distant relatives, I don't care, either get fresh bodies in the clan or have a minimum relative count to aim for in the player clan, and get a chance to just take them in.
  10. lcmiracle

After over 900 hours of playing, I can't recommend this game.

When I played warband for 1549 hours, I played with minimal modding -- in fact, I'd say at least 1000 hours of those was unmodded. But couple hundred hours of modded gameplay is still nothing to cuss at, certainly. Warband levelling up has always been immediate -- rudimentary perhaps, but easily understood and the benefits are obvious. Every point you invest is guaranteed since your characters are immortal. Sure the late game has always been poor and needed much more improvement -- but never in my life had I thought to myself: gee! I sure think the early game needs a complete overhaul!

Agree on the modding part -- though it certainly appears it'd not be as moddable as warband, seeing how every addition is depending on the base module unlike in warband, each module is independent therefore, barring complete engine changes, each module can be ran regardless of versions numbers. No every mod needs to be updated per new game update, and with the game at the state it's in right now, how many more version updates must there be before it reaches a "stable" state? Let's not forget the modding scene of any game needs just as much fostering and this is sure to drive ambitious modders off.
  11. lcmiracle

Five troops whose equipment I look at and just ask "why?"

Been away for a very long time so I haven't been up-to-date with how everything works in the game. Do unit stats still work like in Warband, as in, each faction troop has a base stat, and a level. At each new game start, the troops gets additional attribute points assigned to them based on their level e.g. a level 5 troop with 12 total attribute points will have has 20 + 5 total points, with 25 - 12 = 13 points allocated randomly to their default stats.

So one can potentially get some really wacky stats like troops having very high INT and CHA but low in STR and AGI, since INT and CHA don't matter to troops at all.

Otherwise, I'd agree that bandit troops should not have higher damage potential then faction high-tier troops. At best mid tier, and if that, just barely. Not even Sea Raiders in warband had higher base stats and level than Nord Warriors -- something of an equivelant for faction troops when it comes to battlefield role and purpose.
  12. lcmiracle

Companion system is built for Warband, not Bannerlord style companions.

The death and birth cycle is simply poorly thought-out. Soldier die and can be replaced relatively painlessly, precisely because how reliable their stats and growth progressions are. It was the play's skills (as in, character's skills that provide benefits to the party) and their companions' that makes the party reliable. When a companion dies, you don't just lose a body to feed the meat grinder, but also a vital part of party building.

With expandable units, they must also be easily replaceable. Either have ready-to-go professionals in a field (leader, trader, medic, whatnot) that you can find once in a short while, who can competently do the job without further levelling, or have levelling up so easy it's trivial. The first defeats the training side of things, the latter takes from the RPG side of things.
  13. lcmiracle

Annoying sound of improve relation

That's not trolling my good fellow forum user, it's me bowing to your clearly superior knowledge of a fun crushing and game ruining problem and how to solve it.
    Please continue to do so and if the gods smile upon me, I may gleam a modicum of your wisdom and use it to better my miserable existence.
    Stop troll.
  14. lcmiracle

Crossbow unfair advantage

Its the AI after all. Those NPCs doesnt have perks but a number for retile error chance, reloadspeed, swing speed. These numbers will be "slightly" multiplied/added/divide with the numbers you see in game, like 140 in two handed or so.

agentDrivenProperties.AiShootFreq = 0.3f + 0.7f * num2;
    agentDrivenProperties.AiWaitBeforeShootFactor = (agent._propertyModifiers.resetAiWaitBeforeShootFactor ? 0f : (1f - 0.5f * num2));
    agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMin = -num4 * 0.35f;
    agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerLeadErrorMax = num4 * 0.2f;
    agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerVerticalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.1f;
    agentDrivenProperties.AiRangerHorizontalErrorMultiplier = num4 * 0.0349065848f;
    So their skills run on a different system than the players? Somehow I won't ever believe you if you told me Warband was like this.
  15. lcmiracle

Look mom! I broke the AI

Glory to SJWs
Back
Top Bottom