Recent content by lb Cake

1. Why Do Bandits Have the Dragon Banner?

Well, it kind of makes sense, lore-wise, I think. After the banner was taken one of the Sturgians (if I recall) snapped it over his knee and threw it on the ground.
    Likely at that point it was discarded and forgotten - but that means there are two part of the shaft, and one banner itself - my presumption of the three 'pieces'. After the battle bandits and looters would come through and root around the bodies for whatever they could find. Lo and behold - "Oy, Boss, I found a neat stick - got a lil' dragon on it, ey?"
    And there you go...bandits took off with the two halves of the pole and our good doctor got the third piece from another person who was there and raided it out.

The logic is sound. I still find it strange that Istiana just sat on her hands all this time. Thanks for the info.
  2. Why Do Bandits Have the Dragon Banner?

I'm hoping someone more well versed in the lore can educate me. Is there a lore reason for this or is it an EA placeholder? Seems strange that both pieces would be in the possession of bandits, I'd figure at least one piece would be in the possession of a minor faction or one of the smaller...
  3. roll back the hidout attack screen

This new screen is abominable, and I'm not saying that because it's new. It's abominable because it is less intuitive than a list.

And yes I saw that there are no plans for a reversion.
  4. Diplomacy Developments

I agree on it adding a lot of urgency, but I think we have opposing views on whether that's good or bad. It feels really gamey to me in the current state, and the urgency of establishing yourself before one faction becomes an unstoppable superpower really takes away from the sandbox experience for me.

The current progression seems like, "Oh no! My family was kidnapped! Better start immediately preparing to conquer the world as soon as possible."

It's really hard to just chill out and play as a trader or mercenary for a couple years because of that, and it seems really out of step with the intended pacing of the game.

The vision seems to be playing as your clan through multiple generations, and the fact that the current progression has somebody, whether it's you or the Khuzaits, conquering half the world before your character hits middle age seems completely opposed to that.

You're mention of the kidnapping questline made me actually laugh out lol. It is such an irrelevant part of the game that I completely and utterly forgot about it despite rescuing them last night, still I can see your point.

The snowball effect can take away from a slow build since your upstart empire will have to immediately oppose a massive superpower. I tend to approach the game a bit differently. I quickly grow weary of wandering the land as a peasant so I prioritize empire building from the start. If being a merchant was a viable path to securing a castle I'd play that way in a heart beat. I'd also love to spend a bit more time as a mercenary but not having access to the diplomacy screen really hampers that.
  5. Diplomacy Developments

I've been thinking a lot about the initial wars as well. Isn't there suppose to be a civil war going on in the empire? I figured it would be South Vs North (senate not accepting rhagaea as queen), West vs Battanians (Garios hates the batannians after what they did "When I was sitting in the cold woods later that night , hiding with other fugitives, listening to those barbarians whoop and holler as they chopped off heads as trophies - I promise them that no Calradian soldier should again be led by an Emperor who knows so little of war.") and then the decision is do we want Vl vs St / As Vs Kh or Vl vs As / St vs Kh. Then after the first initial wars we would see the outside fight the inside.

Good point. I have never seen Vlandia conquered by the AI to any major degree. I think Mexico touched on this but border security is something of an issue in BL. The castles and settlements on the fringes are often poorly garrisoned.
  6. What is going on with the armour 3d modelling?

I can definitely see how a critical eye would be disappointed in the quality of the armors. Since I dislike roughly 90% of the armor in the game (everyone appears to be wearing fat suits) I never really noticed.
  7. Diplomacy Developments

I would still like to see diplomacy expanded as a concept, but at very least having what we have behaving in a logic and realistic way is already a big step forward.

This one-hundred percent over again, save the realism of course.

I've long believed that giving the player access to the diplomacy screen from the beginning would help with balancing out conflicts, allowing the user to determine which factions are at war and who is in jeopardy of losing. Granted access to this information alone wouldn't be enough to balance out the fighting but a user clan that wins losing battle could be rewarded above and beyond a typical mercenary, thus encouraging the user to act as something of a balancing force.

I've swung the balance of power more times than I can count, preserving and reclaiming the lands of Sturgia, Aserai and the Northern and Southern Empires. It's an effect tactic from dissuading the Khuzait spread, which really only matters to me because I like to conquer Sturgia and having the Empire around to keep them busy makes that easier.

Getting back on track the development of the diplomatic system would theoretically allow rivals to interfere with battles, preying on their enemies who are weakened after a field battle or castle siege. This is a tactic employed by users but I've never witnessed the AI utilize it. I'm not of the opinion that any of the factions need to be nerfed, rather the games AI and diplomacy need to be fleshed out, and the player needs more options for kingdom building apart from stealing idiots from other factions.

One last thing is snowballing really that bad? I find it adds a nice bit of urgency to a playthrough. Of course having it be the Khuzait so frequently is a problem. Repelling an evil empire and liberating allied lands sounds like some pretty compelling game play. Perhaps someday...
  8. Cannot start game now

Do you have fixed launcher installed? it's not in the modules folder, happened to a lot of people

Thank you for this. I reinstalled the game experienced the same issue. Now that I've readded Fixed Launcher everything works as it should. Still, after 230 hours of enjoyable gameplay the last five hours of gameplay have me quite fed up with Bannerlord. Maybe I'll play DS3 instead...
  9. BannerlordLauncher does not have a valid digital signature

I'm having the same issues post e1.5.0 hotfix, the launcher is being blocked by Norton. Even if I tell Norton Norton to trust the app Bannerlord is being blocked whenever the launcher is used. Strangely the game launches just fine if I circumvent the launcher (via the .exe or Bannerlord Launcher mod). I'm beginning to wonder if BL is worth the trouble. In the last month I've lost the ability to save on three separate occassions, and now I'm not even able to launch the game properly. I've played my share of EA games but this has been the worst experience thus far.

Perhaps I should uninstall...
  10. Resolved "Cannot create save data"

Had this issue creep up again after the August 11 beta hotfix. Turned off my Norton Data Protector and the ability to save was restored and remained restored after reactivating Norton Data Protection. This is the only PC game, early access or otherwise, I've had this issue with. Will update thread with further information as necessary.
  11. Resolved "Cannot create save data"

Update: Modified firewall settings Save As function has been restored. Will update with any changes to status.
  12. Resolved "Cannot create save data"

Same experience cannot save.
    Beta branch participant on version e1.4.2. I am running a brand new save and have encountered this bug twice. The first time I received the error I also received a security advisory from Norton 360. Unfortunately I did not note the message. The second time I did not receive a notification.
  13. Resolved Crashing on Village Raid

You're welcome.
  14. Resolved Crashing on Village Raid

Update: Upon reaching Clan Tier 3 and becoming a vassal I was able to successfully initiate a raid without incurring a crash.

As an aside I have noticed that the text for raiding a village is not complete.When choosing the raid village option the message states, "Raiding this village will cause a war with ." It does not say who you are causing a war with. Since I've never read this line of text before crashing, it is possible this missing text could have always been in the game. In any case on the improbable chance no one has mentioned it there you go.
  15. Resolved Crashing on Village Raid

Attempting to initiate a village raid results in a crash. Other hostile action options function normally. Bug occurred on a fresh save created on e1.4.2.
Back
Top Bottom