Recent content by LavaLampMaster

1. LavaLampMaster

Economy Changes with 1.8 and onwards

I like trading horses, but Aserai lands needs some unique trade goods like spices, ivory, gems/jewels, camels, and gold. The lands of the south should be a traders paradise with grand bazaars with how important trade is to the culture. The resources of the area needs a serious overhaul and are pretty under whelming.

Camels - Also can we get these back, they should be the best pack animals in the game and available to buy. Running an Aserai caravan character with mules is not as immersive as having pack camels.

I think that you've touched on a key factor in Early Medieval trade that is missing from bannerlord: the Silk Road! The Arabs/Aserai and Mongols/Khuzaits didn't produce silk, spice, or porcelain themselves, but imported it from China. At the time Europe/Calradia had no direct contact with the East.

Bazaars could be a 4th type of permanent settlement or a new kind of temporary settlement (acts like a friendly hideout?) that "produce" spices, silk, paper, porcelain, and whatnot. They could even have their own types of Notables!

In short, a Silk Road mechanic could be very fun.
  2. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Is anybody else finding that if they bring up the game menu to pause, that alt-tabbing out of the game restarts it?

I'm finding if I manually esc to stop the game, then alt-tab out of it, I'll come back to find I've ridden off a cliff or into a shield wall...

An unintended side effect of toggling the menu when you accidentally tab out of the game?

Yup, alt-tab toggles the menu as if you pressed escape, so you have to not pause before alt tabbing
  3. LavaLampMaster

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops It would be cool if the voice lines were in period appropriate languages

This isn't a big issue by any means, but since there aren't many voice lines, a lot of them end up getting a little grating (Die You Bastard!). Recording the lines in period and culture-appropriate languages (Vulgar Latin in the Empire, Old English in Battania, Frankish in Vlandia, etc) would...
  4. LavaLampMaster

Do minor factions just die out over time from age and war deaths?

Is there any mechanism that repopulates minor factions with leaders as they die off from age/war? Or a mod that does that?
  5. LavaLampMaster

What *are* captains? When are captain perks applied?

Do captain parks only apply when fighting in an army and captains are assigned, so that companions never actually use their captain parks? Or do they apply in any battle if you or a companion have captain perks and are assigned to a formation? So if Themistios is assigned to group 1 infantry and...
  6. LavaLampMaster

Resolved Village Needs Seed Grain issue no longer improves relation

I also experience this issue glad it's getting looked at because it was the best way to improve relationships and power for headmen
  7. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

It's because Bannerlord is set before Lezalit was born... Our armies lack his form of discipline...

Klethi wasn't born yet either so nobody is interested in looting the dead
  8. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

I think they've even said that it's their policy not to patch on Fridays

Look who's eating his words!
  9. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

I think they've even said that it's their policy not to patch on Fridays
  10. LavaLampMaster

Looters are fine, yay or nay?

I think looters themselves are fine bit I wish there was more bandit variety. There should be a few levels of looters like the base looter that then levels up to a couple branches, maybe a light infantry and a crappy archer.

I also hope that deserters show up as wandering mobs, made up of a mixture of faction troops, looters, and maybe a couple levels of dedicated faction deserters?
  11. LavaLampMaster

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Brother too powerful, give him complimentary skills instead

Especially for the beta, having an OP brother is helpful for testing things out, but it makes little sense that this intelligent, charismatic, experienced leader and warrior would follow his dumb weakling level 1 sibling unquestioningly. I think it would make more sense if the brother's...
  12. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Family members can't be deployed to caravans either

Your spouse can't either. I hope that family can be used for quests in the future because spouses are pretty much the only way to get high charm or leadership companions
  13. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

I've been seeing a lot of disappearing notables too, most frustratingly one guy I grinded qursts up to power over 300.

Horses also seem a lot cheaper in this version. I bought some warhorses for less than 400 denars which I've never seen before, and frequently see steppe horses for under 200 now. Are horses in villages and towns breeding too?
  14. LavaLampMaster

Resolved Beta 1.5: Landowner needs manual laborers quest wrong menu

When I try to turn in this quest, it opens the troop menu rather than the prisoner menu, and I cannot turn in the prisoners. Go to Yangutum and talk to Porev to in the attached save to replicate. https://filebin.net/phf89r2k8rydj9pz
  15. LavaLampMaster

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Can the player character count as a captain, or does the player's captain bonus only apply when you're a captain in an AI-led army?
Back
Top Bottom