Recent content by Laenir

1. Laenir

MP Native cRPG

Very excited to see cRPG 2 in the works, it's all I've been dreaming of since Bannerlord came out!
  2. Laenir

Multiplayer Game Modes - Updated Info and Discussion

Unfortunately, it will probably be too late to add back in the game the item management system as official feature, as all the multiplayer probably has been shaped around the perk system pillar. It was a bad decision all along, as the perk system was a FANTASTIC idea for Captain's mode (who cares about customizing your armor that much when you get to command your army) and probably Skirmish for balancing and matchmaking purpose,but it deals a devastating blow to any other mode (Battle, Siege, Duel...) where choosing your style and armor was yes battle planning and strategy but also flavor. The flavor aspect seems so stupid and marginal when you think about it, yet no other game has ever taken such a risk. Warband gave you complete freedom over everything, and that feeling helped you and kept you playing on and on. Also (of course there's not that much work to be done in order to fix it) we don't want a battlefield with 100 players having more or less the same armor, this variety was guaranteed by player-chosen equipment (one would get a super expensive weapon and go t1 armor, the other would gamble on looting and would go full armor t1 weapon for example). I can assure you customization was one of the aspect that made us fall in love with Warband multiplayer.
  3. Laenir

I was wondering... (cRPG mod)

I don't know about you guys but, as an hardcore multiplayer fan, I spent probably over a thousand hours playing the well-known cRPG mod for Warband. I was wondering, after the recent news about the perk system being implemented to replace the old item management screen (which I loved), do you...
  4. Laenir

MP Native Persistent Age

Who gave Koping Admin? How did he manage to be one? Oh my god that guy...
  5. Laenir

MP Native Persistent Age

Of course these are really great things, Maybe a restricted chat for first steps into the mod like asking general info to other players... anyway 500g per announcement is a great idea.
    What about ingame banking system?
  6. Laenir

MP Native Persistent Age

Ok, thx :smile:
  7. Laenir

MP Native Persistent Age

Why can't I speak in global chat?
  8. Laenir

Unban request

Is that ok as he done now?
  9. Laenir

Unban request

so it is a permanent ban?
  10. Laenir

Unban request

Yesterday my friend El_Boaro was banned from eu1 nexus roleplay, I don't know neither why neither the estimated time of the ban, could I know the reason of the ban and the punishment info please?
  11. Laenir

Admin Aboose Reporting

Ya, just delete this topic, I just wont play again in that server:razz:
  12. Laenir

Admin Aboose Reporting

Today at 3.19 a.m I got Banned from Admin Squire_Kingbgb2_of_Tismirr for no reason, before banning me he slayed me during war, obviously helping enemy faction capturing our castle. This guy has no sense in mind, he should know the rules of Pw mod but it seems he's unable to do so. Maybe is not...
  13. Laenir

B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Furok said:
    Parry or not?

I want to tell you guys about some feature.
    Maybe a lot of players was sad, when his mighty blow with heavy weapon equipped on high leveled hero who was mounted on fastest horse was simply parried with thin little short sword or light spear. And this bastard was absolutely safe after your mighty hit. Isn't it?
    It's a bad side of MnB I think.
    But we have solution! And maybe you'll like it.

The idea is to make weapon with duability. The only one way to loose durability of weapon(at this moment at least) it blocking enemy's attacks with this weapon.
    If durability is lower than 0 you can't use this weapon until next battle(or next stage of battle). After battle any of your broken weapon are new and ready to use again.

Why we need this system?
    So. in vanila or some historic mods balance between factions units was generally same.
    The main difference between our mod and others is the huge difference between characteristics and sizes of weapons and other things. And it looks funny when peasant with sickle are parry crusher's blow with giant war scythe. And more funny that he can do it many times. Endless.

With destructable (not forever) weapons we remove this problem.
    Also we make fight more dangerous and more warhammerish look. With crushing blows.Broken swords and cutted shafts of spears and halberds.
    It makes tactic and style of equipment  more deep and more intelligent.

Please don't exaggerate the message. Sure your sword will not make self-destruction with any attack he parry. But weak weapon will be destructed with few of hits by mighty weapon. And inversly. You can parry peasants attacks a thousand times with your high-quality sword made by dwarfs.
    If you fighting in long battle and use you weapon to defend yourself, taking hard and mighty hits - after some time it will broken.
    When you will be overpowered and best equipped weak and middle enemies will be crushed by your one hit.

So, it's a first of all the question of BALANCE.

P.S. Nobody prohibit you to use good shield or two.
    P.P.S. Grammatical side is not my strong side.
    P.P.P.S. Don't worry about units, who can stay without any melee weapon after desctuction of their main melee weapon. They all will have alternative weapons(details too big so just trust me).

It will make gameplay more fatal looking and hard-edged. And will bring new level of equipment plannig. It's my opinion.
    Your opinions?

balanced and Like you said, it would be a really cool feature that no one of other mods got. So +1 to this awesome idea man :wink:
  14. Laenir

B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Ezhik-iz-Tumana said:
    There is an another idea of MP-challenge.

Teams starts from the fortified camps located in different parts of the map. The main task - to collect the most number of warpstone's pieces that are scattered across the map, or vice versa this is one huge warpstone located in crater. By the way there is a time limit - something about 15 or 20 minutes.
    Players should bring a warpstone's shards in repository of camp as many as they can carry (from 1 piece to 5). Warpstone cause damage to health when character carrying it, and damage as heavy as many shards player carrying. If he dies, shards remain on the place of his death and lighting, so shards are visible and can be collected by other players.

There are NPC-traders in the camp presented alchemist, blacksmith, stableman and condottiere. Alternatively, it could be an only merchant in the camp, which will be presented to all the assorted goods.
    There are also several mines and farms that players can take to open access to more advanced things at the NPC in the camp.

Alchemist sells players healing potions and salves. Potion cure N health instantly. Salve cure full HP but for the N period of time. Each potion or salve takes one weapon slot.
    Blacksmith sells weapons and armor. Than more mines has been captured, then more advanced weapons and armor are available for sale.
    Stableman sells horses. Than more farms has been captured, then more rapid and agile horses are available for sale. Also, than more mines has been captured, then horses are more armored.
    Condottiere selling the services of mercenaries. Each player can hire units of various specializations (melee fighters, skirmishers, horsemen). Each type of mercenary claiming the number of captured mines and farms, so than more of these objects has been captured, then stronger mercenaries are available for hiring.
    Besides it's possible to make procedure of warpstone's collecting more difficult by adding skeletons' squads around of warstone. So than more team collected shards, than more waves will come to the camp. During game progress skeletons become stronger.

So this MP-challenge is some sort of tactics, RPG and slasher.

nice idea man :wink:
Back
Top Bottom