Recent content by Kyias

1. What do you think about current influence costs at proposals ?

I would like to see Renown become a currency instead that you spend to upgrade your clan (companions, workshops, etc passives AND quantity) and raise opinion of Town and village notables.

It would be nice to have that level of customization for your clan rather than a flat generic level up we have now with clan tiers
  2. What do you think about current influence costs at proposals ?

Along with this, players need an abstain option to refusing Kingship if an AI Kingdom.
  3. The real fix for Sturgia

I get where you are coming from. I personally would like to see the heavy spearman line converted to a cavalry tree to represent the Vaegirs and rethink the mounted skirmisher into another Vaegir themed troop tree.

Each of the current factions (except empire and Battannia) are supposed to represent the empires we see later in Warband. Specifically Vlandia (Swabia and Rhodok) and Sturgia (One of the families has a name that appears to represent the Founding Vaegir Kingdom.). Vlandia already has Rhodoks covered with their amazing crossbows and Spear lines. It would be nice to see the Vaegir get more representation somewhere. Like you they were my favorite Kingdom.
  4. The real fix for Sturgia

Well that goes back the geography issue that has been mentioned. Seems your solution makes it easier for them to get troops over to defend themselves on the Khuzait front. If they removed the choke points so that it was easier for Sturgian troops to get form one side of their territory to the other, they might do better all around.

Pretty much yeah. They have wierd attacking priorities with such a Horizontally challenged geography.

Unlike others, I actually really like their troop trees. The only difference I would like to see is more variance between their Heavy Axemen and Heavy Spearmen infantry. Their mounted skirmishers are mediocre (but useful) and their archers are a filler unit...but these two fill the same role and need some variety.

Their noble troop I feel needs a swordstaff weapon. There really isn't a dedicated poleblade cavalry unit. The Khans guard has one, but it's primarily a horse archer. I think that would be a cool role for the Sturgians for shock cav.
  5. Smithing and selling javelins

I think Smithing should simply unlock the recipes and different tiers based on that characters smithing level.

Level 1 gets Wrought Iron and Iron and Themaske Steel unlocks at 250. If you unlock the metal, then all the parts are unlocked to you to be used.
  6. Smithing and selling javelins

I love smithing but has many issues that need fixed:

1)price rebalance of ALL equipment. It is way too high in every regard from armor to weapons.

2) I need to smith hundreds of items in order to unlock crafting design recipes. It needs redone.

3) Smithing still needs to be profitable for the person spending g their levels and learning capacity on that trade.

Currently only #3 is working, albeit too high atm.
  7. The whole "buy horse to level up troops to horsemen" thing is illogical

I'm certain you're misremembering, considering people were talking about war horse upgrade requirements within hours of EA starting on March 31st.

At any rate, it doesn't even work to stop a player character from going all-cav fairly early, considering how easy it is to get cav from prisoners.
    Look, perhaps I am mis remembering exact details..what I do remember for a fact is horsemen were able to be recruited to Max tier without a care or thought, then finding war horses to upgrade them to max tier were much more difficult after a patch. It was done for the express purpose of making max tier horsemen more difficult to obtain.

Yes, you can get them from prisoners NOW more often, but that largely is because of the decision by Taleworlds to include higher cav ratios within the AI parties to offset the Khuzaits in autocalc battles. Unintended consequences and all that.

What you have said doesn’t change the core concept that I was trying to share and is still true to the current design concept.
  8. The whole "buy horse to level up troops to horsemen" thing is illogical

Are you sure about that? I recall threads where people had trouble telling the difference between the various types of horses and which could be used to upgrade different troops, along with having trouble finding enough war horses to upgrade their units.

edit:
    I found a post from week 1 of EA:
    Yes, I am sure about that. It was an early change. During my first campaign, I was rolling with 200 cavalry. After that change, finding the proper war horses made it very painful and changed my troop ratios.
  9. Spawning of hight tier Armor

I have to ask, is this even a problem anymore? I just moved to 1.5.7 and so far it seems like every armor and most if not all weapons showed up in the game pretty early. I don't think I have any mods that alter this or at least the mods I am using that I think might actually be able to alter this, didn't in previous versions. If it is a mod, well then Taleworlds needs to figure out which one it is and copy whatever makes the armor show up. Oh and the prices are reasonable as well. Best chest armor sells for about 58k. Best helms, 18k.

The only thing I don't see being available is actual horse barding. I see plenty of harnesses for sale but no actual horse armor.

I am running 1.5.8 vanilla, best helms are 150k, best armors 400-600k.

I have noticed there is an initial pool of each high end armor piece across several towns (Helmet in sargot, armor in ostican as an example) and this repeats for each culture.

I haven’t seen a new brigand with taberd since...have seen a few crowned helmets though, about 750 days in.
  10. SP - General 1.5.7 BETA: Serfdom Policy causing negative prosperity

So in my current campaign, Vlandia passed the Sergdom Kingdom policy. It gives some OK bonuses but it yields a -1 prosperity change. The has caused nearly every castle (and 1-2 towns) to have a negative prosperity growth. This has resulted in 4 castles officially at 0 prosperity and nearly...
  11. The whole "buy horse to level up troops to horsemen" thing is illogical

When the game was first released, cavalry did not need a warhorse to upgrade to highest tier, just the normal horse.
    They added the upgrade requirements to slow down players from creating an all cavalry force too quickly. It exists to have an artificial lock on just turning all your cav into max tier too fast.
  12. Rebel Execution

Rebel clans auto destroy in 1.5.8 beta branch once the city is taken.
  13. Huge Army Battles

My only complaint right now is that none of my groupings matter during sieges. It would be nice if Lords had their own group at the very least.
  14. Spawning of hight tier Armor

I do hate it when a random cavalry guy looks better than my companion lol. Just want to look at them and be like:
    “You two...switch uniforms”
  15. Cavalry wage

I am paying 1300 per cavalryman in up front cost...each. If one dies, I need to spend another 1300 to get a new one (plus track down horses in Azeris to do it that cheaply.)

In large battles, I lose 3-4 cavalry per fight with lots of micro....So losing 4-5k per pitched battle seems reasonable cost to me...this doesn’t include the random losses from auto resolving a fight either.
    The high upfront cost validates the current upkeep for a vanilla game.
Back
Top Bottom