Recent content by kurczak

1. kurczak

What made you lose faith in humanity today?

She can be a "legitimate" socialite, influencer, lifestyle guru or whatever. She'll be dropping an activewear, podcast and a colorful coobook line in no time.
  2. kurczak

What's on your mind?

Thanks, yes, that and Fourberie and the old Diplomacy sound nice. How much do I have to worry about the mods being for 1.02 and the actual current version being 1.03?

This may be the worst place to ask for anything about Bannerlord. I recommend crossing the border to the on-topic lands.
    That's spooky scary.
  3. kurczak

What's on your mind?

So I bought a new desktop and can finally actually run Bannerlord, ehm :eek:

I am just mentally incapable to research this on my own, so can somebody give me the go-to, recommended mods for a, say, vanilla plus experience? Not any massive overhauls, just something to smooth it out.
  4. kurczak

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

$136k is nothing for Twitter or Musk. Both have been losing money lately, but that amount is still trivial for an operation of that scale. He wants to get out of the lease before the term or it's some epic maymay when Elon pretends he is an anti landlord Bakuninist just to own the libs or something convoluted like that.
  5. kurczak

I find very little point in listening to anything he has to say
    Probably the bestcourse of action. If he wants to ruin an already terrible platform (its function as a substitute for the failed British state notwithstanding), that's fairly harmless and I'd much rather he be occupied with picking the new design for the blue checkmark icon than his other side projects like implanting microchips in people's brains.
  6. kurczak

in the UK you'll consistently get a better response reporting crime on twitter (where everyone can see) than ringing up the council directly.
    This is an indictment of the British police, not a defense of Twitter.
  7. kurczak

It could be someone from entertainment, film/TV, the news business, or simply other social media.
    kanye-west-someday-well-all-be-free.jpg
  8. kurczak

But who is his competitor in the Republican party? DeSantis?* Or will Trump run and surely lose?
    He has the advantage that the economy is looking poor (also globally) with inflation - although falling - high for the foreseeable future.

*(I assume we all ignore the mad, black Nazi).
    DeSantis at the moment, yes. There's still over a year before the first actual primaries. A week can be a long time in politics, so anything can happen in a year. Trump will probably will still be a major contender for the nomination, but perhaps not the frontunner that he still is now. DeSantis might be go as quickly as he came. Who knows, He will need for things to happen in Florida on a scale that catches national attention so that he can maintain his "No nonsense, getting things done" image.

Does just going through the motions of a presidential election afford him legal immunity?
    I don't believe there will be an indictment, let alone a conviction.
  9. kurczak

Their fans don't see them as clowns with poor judgment, and that's the problem. They are the fans' avatars in the culture wars and can do no wrong.
    It's the polarization and the culture wars over identities and fears that need to be tackled somehow by (us) moderates, so we can at least quarrel over real issues like taxes and workers rights.
    Unfortunately, the young ones living on the internet are only interested about identity politics and who owned whom, because real issues are boring and complex.
    Trump is still popular, yes. He will probably be quite popular until he dies. But the energy is gone, he has now become the antithesis of the himself in 2015. Then he could play underdog that everybody ridiculed for even suggesting he might run and he ran the wave of beating the odds from the first primary to the election night. He was cheeky, he was edgy, he was outrageous and even deranged. But he had the snowball of energy. Now he is the Jeb and the Hillary of this cycle, the entitled crony who thinks it's his turn now, just going through the motions.

It's awful, but he's not a threat to anything really, other than his voters' hopes and optimism.
  10. kurczak

The state of the far right. One fascist bans a couple literally-who journalists and immediately backtracks when his own website votes to reverse the decision.

The other is selling """NFT trading cards""" of himself dressed as a cowboy with a chance to win a dinner with him.

The far right is NOT okay.
  11. kurczak

Xuc3h.png

Anyway, where were you the day JK Rowling started tweeting in 4chan lingo?

(Pls no ban for posting a link, this is important investigative journalism)

Associations:

NOPEDO
    Clitoraid

Uhh...:xf-cool:
  12. kurczak

2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

God, I hope he runs it into the ground. It is far and away the worst of all social media. FB has the endearing boomerness to it, TikTok has its funny and creative moments, but Twitter is just smug GenXers and Millenials trading one-liners. I don't think I have laughed once when browsing Twitter, even if it was people I otherwise find out. It's so try hard and desperate.
  13. kurczak

Hate speech is not free speech, fascist.
  14. kurczak

Conservative media will go after any Democrat candidate, that's preaching to the choir. Same way it makes no difference what MSNBC says about the Republican candidate.

My instinct is that the way to victory is in picking up apathetic, disillusioned or angry non-voters or rare voters, not flipping the most of the lukewarm purple centrists. And that's true for both parties. Drain the swamp, however you package it, is the easiest path to victory for either side.

Biden won because Obama nostalgia and Not-Trump. However, the Not-Trump effect will be weaker after a 4 year break from the Orange God. I am not sure how much Obama nostalgia there will still be around in two years, but probably still a non zero value. If Dems run some bland corporate centrist like Klobuchar or Buttigieg or Newsom, it will not work. Throwing the election would be a Harris-Newsom ticket, what a perfect storm of soul-sucking anti-charisma and pretentiousness. That would be the Democrat equivalnt of Romney-Cheyney.
  15. kurczak

Day 9 of the elections 🙃 we still don't know who won the House, although it's almost certainly Republicans at this point.

Biden will probably be re-nominated, because the DNC are corrupt cowards and he is still the sitting president which is statistically a huge plus.

AOC would be a fun choice. Go big or go home. I don't believe being a woman or non-White is a major issue in electability. Or even an issue. America elected a Black man twice with comfortable margins. It would elect a good looking light skinned Latina too if they liked the rest of the package. She should pick a young guy as a VP too, don't make the same mistake as Hillary who picked some bland 55 yo moderate Southern Democrat. Playing your strengths is imo a better strategy than trying to compensate for weaknesses and ending up with some shapeless, flavorless blob of a ticket. Pick a young (<45) guy and just message clearly - young, bold, new, future.

Plus a Trump v AOC campaign would be all the cool adjectives.
Back
Top Bottom