Recent content by Kryten

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

I think some don't understand the frustration because they haven't dug deep into BL EA. If you just play casual you can write it off like "oh yeah it's EA it'll get finished". But if you really get up in there and put in the long hours of a real game and try everything you just see more and more problems and start realize oh ****, this is going to be in EA for 10 ****ing years at this rate.

This!
    On the surface it works, peformance is good now and not much crashes. Fights are fun and there seems to be a lot to explore and do. So if you just causually play a few hours here and there its probably a lot of fun.
    I tried a bit more and stopped playing a while ago(I think it was when 1.4.1 was new and I had a bit more than 300 hours on this). Luckily I did a trader play before the economics got destroyed.^^ Too many things not working or working wrong, the few new things they added either did not work or broke other things...(and all I wanted was working siege towers and ladders^^)

I am not mad that I bought this, I had a lot of hours for my money(some fun, some frustating). Also its kind of my hobby to buy and try out EA titles and see how and where its going. Its just a bit sad to see how this is going, because I had high hopes for this after having sunk so many ours in Warband during the last years.
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Refactoring the code is kind of like fixing up the foundation of a building. Once it's done, you're going to have to rehang some doors and replace some floorboards, but it's gonna be straight and solid once the work's done.

Sorry but reworking something from the ground up does not automatically mean that it will be solid and all faults will be removed. You can still mess it up....
  3. New GPU - Nvidia or AMD Radeon?

If you plan on playing other games as well, you should consider at least 8GB...there are games out there eating that GPU ram :smile:
    Also Nvidia seems to be close to announce their next generation of cards, so it might be wise to wait a while longer.
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I just started up a new Stellaris play and you drop this...
    I feel you...I just installed CK2 and was learning to play, because I thought it to be a while until the most major issues here get fixed..now this patch notes read as if most of them got addressed here now^^
  5. "Whole Seller" perk no longer working on Beta.

Yeah, they "fixed" a related bug with profit markers and trade XP gone after loading a game...seems instead of fixing that, they broke it completely now.
  6. Even more grind to get influence now.

OP you realize that kings overriding all votes and getting all fiefs for themselves, was mostly caused by them having excessive influence because of this issue?
    So much complaining about kings, and demands for devs to fix them, but now when they fix the biggest cause of this behaviour, there are complains about "nerf" without even the slightest understanding...

Is that really so? When I play as ruler, those descisions do not cost me any influence at all. I would have believed it to be the same for AI rulers.
  7. [Quests] Unify the Empire... and Beyond

Unifying the Empire should require one actually unifies the Empire in its entirety. This is regardless of which faction Empire settlements fall under meaning if they've been captured by a non-empire faction at the time, the player will still need to get them back to complete this quest.

That seems to already be the case, in my last game most of the northern Empire stuff around Epicrotae belonged to Vlandia...when I took the Castle right next to Epicrotae from them, I finished the Quest.

Once the Empire is unified, the factions you're set to destroy should be Battania, Vlandia, and Sturgia... not Vlandia, Aserai, and Khuzait. As a sort of continuation, resolution and or payback for the Battle of Pendraic.

Those factions vary, my guess is that the three strongest are selected. In my last game it was Vlandia, Battania and Khuzait....Aserai and Sturgia were nearly destroyed by that time.

I would also like more diplomatic solutions though. I know its a war and battle focused game, but a bit more in that direction could not hurt. I don't understand for example, why the rest of the empire factions only join you, after you fought off the three other factions. They even declared war on me when I was fighting them. They should at least help me after I took 2/3 of the empire land back...not only join when all the hard work is over....
  8. Companion wages problem

Yeah, at the start their wages really matter a lot and they are mostly weak and have no good equiptment...that can be a bit hard in a fresh game.
    I just finished a very long game and I can tell you that it gets better though. Its really nice to go through the list at the end of a battle and see your companions having quite some kills...or having them all in a tournament and they all win against their opponents and are (nearly) a real challenge to fight.
    I use a mod for attribute points per level though, I guess that also helps a lot with companions :smile:
  9. How can I found top tier armor?

In my last game, which was also my longest so far, I was not able to find anything high-tier except for the plate lamellar boots. Even the higher weapons were missing(which might be related to crafting things, selling them and then have other shops selling them also from there on).
    I reached Clan Tier 5, but that seemed not to have any effect on the items offered in shops.
    Now I also use that faction armory mod, but I'd rather have all of the stuff in the normal shops....
  10. Resolved Crafted weapons appear as shop duplicates

Hm, in my last game I also found no highend weapons in the shops. It was the first game where I checked out crafting and I can confirm that the stuff I sold showed up in the shops.
  11. Impossible Lord Recruiting

There is no apparent logic behind what prompts a lord to come over, or refuse.

Recently, I'm sort of coming to the conclusion that the "punitive" amount of collateral the lords demand as condition for coming over, is actually an in-game "inhibition" set for both the player and the AI, to simply BLOCK people from taking over an entire kingdom by simply save-scumming persuasion checks to all lords during peace time.

Judging by the amount even millions of gold fill on the persuasion bar (which doesn't even fill 20%), the amount of money the lords are demanding from you ranges over 20~30 millions of gold. This is much too high a sum to be considered a normal part of a normal game, and therefore, the only possible conclusion on WHY this is so, is that it's INTENTIONALLY SET TO IMPOSSIBLE LEVELS TO ACT AS AN INHIBITOR TO STOP THE PLAYER from persuading everyone to join player faction.

If the above assumption is true, then it explains why some lords, those with even towns and castles, will come over to your side upon successful persuasion, along with all their land and directly adding to the player's strength.

My theory, is that through some parameter set at some phase of the game, basically two or three lords in a given faction are set as "can be persuaded." The rest of them, are just hard-set to always ask for such amounts of money under whatever circumstances, and some of them are set to come over to your side, but leave their lands behind.

Through a lot of experimentation, empirically, it seems like, (for example) if a certain faction has 20 clans total, maybe 2 of them will come over with their own land almost unconditionally. Around 3 of them will come over, but leave their lands behind. And the rest 15 will be simply "impossible to persuade." My theory is, the ratio of how many clans will be under which type, are just simply set from the start. So far, I've never met a situation where a lord that has land, that demanded impossible amounts of money, would ever change that attitude.

The only times where their attitude changes, is when they've lost their fief, and are landless. In this case, they often become easy to persuade. This, is also another circumstantial evidence that lords refusing to leave their own faction to join yours, is fundamentally tied with whether they own their fiefs or not -- which supports the above conclusion that the punitive money demanded, is an artificial "BLOCKER" mechanism set to stop the player from taking over huge amounts of land through persuasion alone.

If the above theories are true, then I can certainly understand and accept why the game is set up this way, but I must also add this is a very crude method of handling the situation. A very poor execution of the intent -- as certainly there are better methods to handle it.

Since all of this is (probably) a matter of programming and event triggers, I'm also guessing it might be a crude, place-holder mechanic before they implement something better, which I certainly hope is the case.

Thanks for sharing! I made some own observations and they pretty much match whats described here. At first I thought that only Lords with fiefs will ask for much when persuaded, but yesterday a Lord with two towns joined me without bartering.
    I then noticed that I had a critical success in the persuation and was done after 3 of 4 questions, so maybe that influences the bartering too? I enabled a mod to make persuation easier and was able to get another lord to join me instantly the same way, so I think critical success has some influence there too. On the other hand I had critical success with other lords and they wanted to barter, but they only asked for prisoners or a few k denar(and those were buggy merc clans)

I had no problems with lords leaving me again so far. Only the bugged mercenary Clans, which I can all make into a vassal...they leave very fast again, no matter if I give them fiefs or not. I won't bother with them anymore....
  12. End game just became worse after the latest few updates?

My current strategy is to look for clans that have no fiefs and try to convince their leaders. So far it seems that they want a lot less. One just joined after persuading, the other wanted only 7k. By taking other settlements, I can ensure that thee will be fiefless clans, so that should work.
    A great help here is also that I have the 225 trading perk, so I can offer settlements in barter. I gave a castle to the Clan that joined me, pushed the relations by spending influence and so far they hafe not left me again(they have some more fiefs now also)

Oh and just now another Clan joined me, 4 Members, no fiefs and all they wanted was 1 denar....I upped that to 700 and a cow and got 6 reputation with them...which is the same amount I got for gifting a Castle :grin:
  13. Bannerlord: I Can’t have kids!!

I dont know if that might be the reason, but all the time I had my wife in my party, or her running around with her own party, I did not get any childs. I have 3 childs, but there I always rersted for a few days in the town where my wife was staying. Two Kids before I took her on adventures and one after when she was the governor of the first city I got.
    I has worked pretty well that way, also in the other game where I had kids: I go to the city she stays in, talk to her...and then just wait in town until I get the message that she is pregnant. Both times I have done that before she was well over 30, maybe that helps too.
  14. Which of your Playthroughs Has Been the Most Enjoyable So Far?

Update: My most recent one, where I finally gave in to using some mods to make the late game bearable. Its a bit easy mode now, as I can choose which wars to fight and which not and I always have good trained units ready in my garrisons when I need to replenish, but at least that makes the lategame with my own kingdom playable for me.
    I chose the empire side this time for the first time, but only after playing a long time before. I started as trader until trade 225 perk, then earned some renown and money through being a merc and having max workshops and caravans. I married a vlandian noble woman and became a loyal vassal afterwards. I helped this kingdom gain a lot of land, but felt them becoming too powerful after some years. That was also the time I found some mods and thought about trying to form my own empire again :smile:
    I left Vlandia and took Rhotae and a castle with me and used the bug that makes peace again when completing the banner quest.(Note: They are still at war with my Clan and will forever be, because my Kingdom is somehow something entirely different)
    From there I expanded with the help of some merc Clans and my wife, who had a nice Party of over 100 by now. Getting vassals is still extremely annoying, but over time I will get enough, I am sure. The two I have now seem to stay, and more will follow. Searching for Clans that have no fiefs in other kingdoms seems to help there, one even joined me without any bartering at all.
    I think I am getting close to capturing 2/3 of the imperial settlements now...and I am also quite confident that I might even see at least one of my childs(3 so far) become a real person :smile:
  15. Companion Party MORALE

Hm, I have two Clan parties running around. One with my wife and one with a companion. From the one with the companion I sometimes get a message that a unit deserted, but this is very rare. Sometimes I also get this from my Caravan partis also.
    I can confirm the food issue though, parties do not carry enough anymore and Armies rarely achieve their goals because of this.
Back
Top Bottom