Recent content by kozakyespana

1. kozakyespana

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

MightyELO said:
    Perhaps a separate Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord board should be created now.  That way, threads on different subjects (such as speculation on upcoming features, or suggest ideas) can be created and easily be managed and followed.  I mean, this thread already ha 61 pages  :shock: .  Not many people are going to go through and read every single post.

I second that motion!
  2. kozakyespana

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

xombie5 said:
    It's my birthday gift to me!
    I'm so happy  :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCDncGIwMQ

LOL  :grin:
  3. kozakyespana

Servers

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
    Check the "Download" topic. There you have links to The Deluge dedicated server files. That package includes some sample configuration files for Battle, Invasion and Duel.

Thanks Slawomir  :grin:
  4. kozakyespana

Servers

OLT_Grandmaster_farferon said:
    kozakyespana said:
    I would like to start a server....but I dont know what use as the server configuration file.

I know PW uses a configuration file similar to this:
    set_pass_admin secret
    set_server_name Test
    set_welcome_message Welcome!
    set_max_players 64 64
    set_mission conquest                  # this is currently the only game mode
    set_map scene_1                      # this is the map that is started first
    add_map scene_2                      # this adds scene_2 to the rotation
    set_factions 0 0                      # this is ignored by the mod, but warband needs it to start
    set_team_point_limit 0                # if 1 or above, when a faction holds all castles for this many minutes, the mission ends
    set_force_default_armor 2            # set this to 1 to make killed commoners drop no loot, 2 to disable "team kills" for commoners and outlaws
    set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health
    set_num_bots_voteable 50              # set this to the maximum number of herd animals
    set_valid_vote_ratio 60              # percent of players voting yes for a poll to succeed
    set_starting_gold 100                # adjustment in percent to the default starting gold of 30 - 100
    set_combat_gold_bonus 100            # adjustment in percent to the default 10-20% of gold dropped on death
    set_map_time_limit 1440              # start next scene once a day
    set_round_max_seconds 600            # time in seconds before items are removed; set the same value in module.ini for mission_object_prune_time
    set_upload_limit 580000              # set this to the correct value for your server bandwidth (explained in the previously linked tutorial)
    set_respawn_period 5
    set_maps_voteable 0
    set_kick_voteable 1
    set_ban_voteable 0
    set_control_block_direction 1
    set_combat_speed 2
    start

I am trying to host the server, but it is not working.  :???:

Have you made sure that the right ports are open?

yes I have

...My main question is what the configuration file is. I dont think the problem is with anything else other than that.
  5. kozakyespana

Servers

I would like to start a server....but I dont know what use as the server configuration file.

I know PW uses a configuration file similar to this:
    set_pass_admin secret
    set_server_name Test
    set_welcome_message Welcome!
    set_max_players 64 64
    set_mission conquest                  # this is currently the only game mode
    set_map scene_1                      # this is the map that is started first
    add_map scene_2                      # this adds scene_2 to the rotation
    set_factions 0 0                      # this is ignored by the mod, but warband needs it to start
    set_team_point_limit 0                # if 1 or above, when a faction holds all castles for this many minutes, the mission ends
    set_force_default_armor 2            # set this to 1 to make killed commoners drop no loot, 2 to disable "team kills" for commoners and outlaws
    set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health
    set_num_bots_voteable 50              # set this to the maximum number of herd animals
    set_valid_vote_ratio 60              # percent of players voting yes for a poll to succeed
    set_starting_gold 100                # adjustment in percent to the default starting gold of 30 - 100
    set_combat_gold_bonus 100            # adjustment in percent to the default 10-20% of gold dropped on death
    set_map_time_limit 1440              # start next scene once a day
    set_round_max_seconds 600            # time in seconds before items are removed; set the same value in module.ini for mission_object_prune_time
    set_upload_limit 580000              # set this to the correct value for your server bandwidth (explained in the previously linked tutorial)
    set_respawn_period 5
    set_maps_voteable 0
    set_kick_voteable 1
    set_ban_voteable 0
    set_control_block_direction 1
    set_combat_speed 2
    start

I am trying to host the server, but it is not working.  :???:
  6. kozakyespana

What am I

?

...whats that suppose to mean BenKenobi?

I like the vintage of it all though :smile:
  7. kozakyespana

What am I

13 Spider Bloody Chain said:
    That is, in terms of music preference? I like a strange variety of music and I could never figure out just what I am.

My preferences:

Ethnic (folk?) music (gypsy music, traditional celtic music, traditional asian music (mongolian in particular))
    Gregorian chant (aka old church music sung mostly by monks)
    Some classical music (especially Baroque and certain Romantic era pieces)
    Certain techno songs
    "Celtic acoustic guitar" songs (or at least that's what the album says)
    A few rock songs (One or two by Metallica, a few by Nickleback, a few by Apocalyptica)
    Jazz songs played by string instruments
    "Latin" songs played by string instruments

Dislikes:

Almost all other jazz (especially ones involving a saxophone)
    Many Romantic era pieces
    Almost all Classical era pieces
    Almost all rock (including heavy metal, punk, etc. In short, music played by a collection of electric guitars, electric basses, and a drum set/keyboard)
    Country
    Rap
    Hip hop
    Pop (especially boy band music)

So...what am I?

You like music...real music. Music that speaks to your soul.
    You love music for what it is- expressions of the soul, and not what people say that you must like. Dont let any pop-culture loving f*** tell you otherwise. Btw your music doesnt make you a noob, it just shows your not a lemming :razz:
  8. kozakyespana

THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

I just read the results of the battle. You should do this again with the same men, and you will emerge victorious, William of Normandy.
  9. kozakyespana

Scene creating and server hosting guides

Vornne said:
    kozakyespana said:
    • why is it that at one time this works and another time it doesnt? (on a blank scene I linked two doors and when I did the same with two other doors, it didnt work)?
    You must have done something wrong, because it works correctly every time with many doors, for me and the creators and players of many other scenes.
    kozakyespana said:
    • how do I link a castle to a faction (and class training places...name?...to factions)?
    Just like with the doors: the last digit of the "Value 1" number of that prop must be the same. For example, to set training stations, stockpiles, buying stations (so all of these send the tax percentage to the castle chest, which must also indicate the same castle in value 1), locked doors, item chests, signs, capture posts, and so on to for "castle 1" in the scene, all the props value 1s must end in 3 (the number for castle 1) possibly with other numbers in front if you want to adjust the item or training price; for the pw_ props associated with "castle 4" (starts owned by the default "Green Faction") the value 1s must end in 5, for "commoner" training stations or item crafting stockpiles, the value 1s must end in 0, and "outlaw" training stations must have a value 1 ending in 1, etc.

Congradulations Vornne, you can really teach! I finally figured it out with your help. Thanks again and also thanks for your patience.  :grin:
    Believe me, I am very grateful.
  10. kozakyespana

Vornne said:
    kozakyespana said:
    I have two teleport doors I want to link. One door is placed in front of the door of the keep of a castle and the other is placed inside the interior of a keep I've placed underneath.
    Either:
    1. just test it on a dedicated server, if there aren't going to be any other doors nearby of the same type.
    Or:
    1. select a number from 1-127 that is not already being used to isolate nearby doors of the same type.
    2. enter that number in the "Value 2" field of both teleport door props you are using.
    3. test it on a dedicated server, ensuring that the doors are targetable (you can also check this in edit mode by trying to select them) - as explained in the first post, collision meshes of the surface the door is next to might not perfectly match the visual mesh, blocking the door if it is very close to the wall - and also checking that there are no linking errors in the dedicated server console, or alternatively in the edit scene mode after reloading your scene.
    kozakyespana said:
    btw, should I start a new thread for this to save space?
    No, it is appropriate for this thread.

Okay thanks! I got it! :grin: I just have two more questions:

• why is it that at one time this works and another time it doesnt? (on a blank scene I linked two doors and when I did the same with two other doors, it didnt work)?
    • how do I link a castle to a faction (and class training places...name?...to factions)?
  11. kozakyespana

Vornne said:
    kozakyespana said:
    was asking you to put it in easier terms to understand...or to simply elaborate on a rather short and brief "explanation."
    OK, no worries, but it would be a bit easier for me if you had specified reading the short explanation and not understanding a specific part of it.

The "Value 2" is used to explicitly stop the wrong doors being linked when the sets of positions overlap: if you had two doors close by on one side of the scene to be linked and another two on the other side, they would work fine when leaving the "linking id" at 0, but if you wanted to link two doors far away from each other and there could be other doors of the same type added in between later, you should set a unique linking id to force the script to select the door you wanted to target, rather than the lowest prop instance ids selecting the closest unlinked one until all are linked.

Okay, Im understanding this so far. My apologies for not mentioning my lack of skill earlier. What might help both of us is if you can put it as step by step instructions.

I have two teleport doors I want to link. One door is placed in front of the door of the keep of a castle and the other is placed inside the interior of a keep I've placed underneath.

What are the step by step  instructions to link both together?

btw, should I start a new thread for this to save space?
  12. kozakyespana

Polish nationalism

KuroiNekouPL said:
    I'd like to point out, that claiming that just Poles are nationalists(what in definition is not a bad thing...) is rather harmful and very hypocritical. Do you think, that Russians do not insult Poles? That people from other countries do not do it? It's not just Poles who offend other people, ok?

That is not the point though, the question is whether it is right or wrong. Just because russians do it to does not make the actions of the polish players right. I experienced over-nationalism by Russians, Poles, Ukrainians (and Im ukrainian), Turks, and so forth. I dont care who did the insults, what matters is that they did the insults. And that the insults need to stop. A priority check is in order here, not just for you KuroiNekouPL, but for anyone else blowing this off, just because everyone else commits the "crime" doesn't give the ok to just simply forget and walk away from misbehavior from abusive people. As you said yourself (although in a different way), "crime" and "prejudice" does not include itself to only one people, it is found everywhere and with everyone. But exactly under the same logic it is important to realize that any form of prejudice, discrimination, and abuse from anyone must be addressed. Period.

finally, remember that if just because you have not experienced what another claims he has experienced does not mean that his experience is false or that he is overreacting.
  13. kozakyespana

Thanks for your help so far Vornne, but I should let you know that if I am asking you about something that I could find in F1 and F2 information, its because I read it before and was (admittedly) to technologically stupid to understand what it means and was asking you to put it in easier terms to understand...or to simply elaborate on a rather short and brief "explanation." Believe me, I would not waste your time otherwise when I could just read the F1 and F2 information (and understand it).

only the following helped me at all:
    it only applies to doors that should be part of a castle, locked by the owning faction.

This also helped, but only somewhat.
    If the "faction / castle id" value is set to 0 or 1 (commoners or outlaws) it will not be linked to any castle to be used in messages, remaining only a simple sign post. If you set multiple different names for the same castle, the game will pick one (the lowest prop instance id).
    Its not helping me solve my problem, but it is helping me on the road to solving it.

As mentioned before, thanks again and thanks for your patience.
  14. kozakyespana

Vornne said:
    How to set up each type of PW scene prop is explained in the scene editing mode, in windows displayed when pressing F1 or F2.

Basically, just place two of the same type of door and the nearest ones will be linked; but if you use many doors that might overlap you should set the same unique number in the "Value 2" field of both door scene props.

alright I will try as you have said. In the meantime, could you explain what this means? Thanks
    value 1 = faction (division sign) multiplier
    value 2 = linking id with x

also, when you say "the same type of door" are you refering to the teleporting doors, or the physical doors? Just so that you know, I am trying to connect two teleporting doors from an outside castle keep to an interior. I hope this helps.

On a seperate note, how do I change the name of a castle as well as the name of the castle portrayed by a castle sign? Thanks for this also
  15. kozakyespana

I apologize if I'm simply repeating a question someone may have mentioned above,
    but how do I set teleporting doors? How do I connect them? Thanks  :cool:
Back
Top Bottom