Recent content by kowalskiy

1. Data gathering with polls

I voted alaric not for the shiny cabbage, but for the music and the ale :grin: (and he seems to dislike me, i barely see him in my games)
  2. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

I just had an idea that might prove useful. I thought of quests that are triggered/started by rumors, as in, "word is that heretics are going to perform a sacrifice", "snake cultists are kidnapping girls" (this one could be triggered after a similar heartbeat quest?). Both of these cases could imply a lair raiding scenario where you could be assisted by knights of the dawn/Empire knights and try to fix the situation.

Another case could be "a caravan dissapeared on its way to (city) and folks say its (snakes/mistmountain/heretics/jatu/...)" so you would have to go and scout the area or find a specific party to destroy. Maybe report it to the guildmaster or lord instead of fighting?.

Another ocurrence that came to my mind was Hamidaron or hermit (the guys from Al-Aziz) sending you on an errand. In said task you would have to ask Quigfen or Calanon (Elacrai) about magic or strange markings, which would in turn lead to the need to destroy a party of demons/undead doomguides/witches (seers?). Afterwards report to both Calanon and Hamidaron (or whoever you feel like), netting you as reward mystical rune plate, or unlocking its secrets for CKO. The reason for Noldor/Hamidaron/Hermit/Top Heretics is that they are the characters from the game that seem more familiarized with runes (rune weapons, rune noldor armor and sword, runed bastard swords, and magic in the case of the witches). Maybe have it triggered by rumors?
  3. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Perhaps recovering the knights of the unicorn? I was thinking of sub-optimal knighthood order (level 40-41 maybe, so dont get to recruit them "freely" but their stats being akin to a commoner troop). Just for the sake of it.  :lol:

Also i was thinking of allowing the player to recruit small spawns of bandits (below 20-30 in numbers) when having negative honor (<(-5)). This last bit is something from good old SoD (Sword of Damocles) for original M&B that was pretty useful in the beginning of a game.

Some people have mentioned that super-mega-ultra spawn for engame, which I would love (i wished for Sindar in PoP since they were first mentioned/conceptualizaed, I'm a tree hugger I know).

I recall another feature from SoD that consisted on sending top tier nobility on some treasure hunts (funded by their monarch, you) to foreign lands. For PoP, i was thinking of something close to it, but expeditions to Mettenheim, Melitine (empire?), Barclay... in order to get some pieces of equipment or even hire some troops (kinda like the heartbeat quest). This wouldn't of course be sustainable economically, but could help to get that particular piece of gear or get a particular theme for the army (i love melitines).

And lastly, an idea for a knighthood order quest came to my mind. Some kind of "clear the honor of the order" where you have to fight a small group of rival knights or order knights (5-10) alone (only for the actual battle, no need to clear the party). Like the order initiation combat where you fight 1v3 or the ambushes where you are 1v6-7.
  4. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

What would happen if you are joining some unique spawn against noldor lords? more than once have K'juda and I reached an agreement that benefited us both...by removing mr. pointy ears.
    would you still be able to capture Aeldarian or Ithilrandir?
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

What lords are the best to make them switch culture? (im only counting pendor culture here) , or which lords do you usually force to do it?? I know those who have households keep them, but never put much thoughts on it.
  6. Idea of how to make the end game more challenging/fun

Just as my two cents in this topic I would say that the scrapped Sindar could make an appearance for this matter in particular. Their aim being to settle the quarrel they have with the Noldor (who are back on their feet thanks to you, at least cannonically, I look at you ebony gauntlet). They would not need to be an invasion just a spawn or a battle happening in a certain scenario (defending Elacrai or you order stronghold (they deem you responsible for their troubles now?)).

In my opinion they would serve as the mighty beast to be slain and have your troops and knights (CKO or not) be tested and feel that grinding to make them overpowered didnt just end steamrolling the map. It could use some mechanic to trigger just like the ghost lady quest.

Of course, all of this is subject to the devs decision and this is just an elve-lover fanboy trying to throw a suggestion that fits the lore :grin:
  7. Fighting on any side

No idea so far.

And for the future, i suggest doing these kind of questions in the sticky thread. Chances to be noticed are far greater there
  8. City Chests

On a related topic, after having seen right now the contents of the chest in Cez... Is Kyros Dux a traitor of the empire??

I mean, he holds the chapter of the Shadow Legion, who are opposed to Marius.
    Shadow Legion wants to keep the old ways of the Empire (which is taken over by snakes right now).
    And in his "personal" chest (the one in Cez) we can find some Snake Rituals book.

Soooooo..... any guesses??

Also, could he be a relative of Julia?? (this is pure speculation, but i kinda like the idea) This one comes from Julia's story assuming the above guess is true.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

oh, so no epic quest for us D:

thanks for the info btw

for you, my little mortal minion... Feel free to keep the Game Killer Sword. As a symbol of my... Oh, just take the damn thing!
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

This could be a huge spoiler regarding a certain faction, so be warned.

I saw there was a little something about a mystmountain quest in the cheat menu, anybody knows about it?
  11. [SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Just as a little note, for version 3.8.4 the alternative way to activate cheatmenu works as it is.

small update: tweak #16 causes CTD on loading screen
  12. Leaving Knighthood order being a constable.

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but c'mon... you have a faq, an ingame content page and a wiki. It is explained in all of them I believe.
    If not clear yet, you could ask in the quick questions sticky.
  13. Custom Knighthood Knights not using weapons using fists instead.

nope, the noldor thing you mentioned is an unlock, does not restrict in any way.

Regarding to the fists... did you equip them with weapons? i assume you did, im just checking
  14. Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

quick question

In 3.8 or anytime soon, will the Sindari make their appearance?

If no (dont want any spoilers if they will appear), could anyone who knows post how they were planned to be? stats, equipment, a little bit of lore on how/why they are there fielding an army (I mean, in the PoP 4 blog it was stated they would make us feel that Noldor are trained militia)

Thanks in advance!
  15. [SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

thunderfire said:
    Is it possible to remove the loss of faction relations when you open a Knighthood Chapter?

Not sure about that but tbh, at first i also wanted to have them all but then i discovered that having enemy orders allows for more things to happen (apart from the order rivalry for CKO).
    I used to grind all I could for the Eventide. Now I have to accept i will never have them again  :cry:

If only I could change the honor requirements for eventides.
Back
Top Bottom