Recent content by konakona

1. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Okay, so maybe I don’t fully understand Japanese Sengoku-era culture, but do defecting Daimyo *have* to change their title from Lord to Lady? :wink:

So I’ve noticed (on multiple ‘starts’) that when Lords defect, they immediately get a name change from ‘Lord Jojo’ to ‘Lady Jojo.’ The defection message reads:

Lord Defects
    Lady Jojo has renounced his (?) allegiance to…

And that individual is ever after known by the title ‘Lady.’

So is there a scripting fix for this, or is this a consequence of not using WSE?
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    headcanon: switching allegiance requires castration, hence the title of Lady. Not sure what happens when they change their allegiance again, but I am sure they would manage :grin:
  2. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I think CTT troops are still way too weak to be any useful compared to regular top tier ones, so I just don't bother setting it up. Some lords still spawn with no armor whatsoever, which I suspect has something to do with this. Would be nice if we were given an option to turn CTT off entirely when starting a new game, or alternatively have lord equipment dialog thrown in to correct this manually at least.
  3. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

thanks man, got the v3.5 up and running. still too early to notice anything majorly off. one thing I noticed right off the bet is the 4 Teutonic town merchants carrying baltic gear (culture #14 as opposed to #10). please disregard if it is so by design. As for me, I've used the savegame editor to change them to culture #10.
  4. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Some bugs I've noticed in the latest version (3.3):
    Teutonic towns still sell Lithuanian gear instead of their own
    -> had to edit the save file and change the culture under slots from 14 to 10, then give a few weeks in game time to see Teutonic gear appear in their towns

Some Crusader armors (presumably added from Sands of Faith) still have broken textures - everything else is immaculate just those and those only.

Enemy lord capture rate is impossibly low, even when I modded the scripts.txt for 0% to flee. Might have been just my luck, but get a feeling it could be linked to the new lord death chance in battles feature.
    -> to expand on this, there are times I wouldn't even get a single message about what happens to the defeated enemy lord (escaped, prisoner dialog, etc). perhaps this is when the prisoner dialog is SUPPOSED to appear but glitched out.

Drunkards in taverns still offer themselves for hire and mercs try to pick a fight
  5. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I am hoping to be able to hop between two different computers on the same playthrough, but one computer (Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4Ghz base clock) is significantly faster than the other (i7-860 @2.8Ghz) clockspeed-wise. That's about two steps difference in terms of spawn preset. Is it possible to alter the spawn preset later on, through in-game menu or otherwise (save file editing and such)? Thanks!

oh btw, is it by design that teutonic town merchants carry baltic ware (culture #14) instead of their own (culture #10)? I had to edit my savegame to straighten that away, unless that's just the way it's meant to be.
  6. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I took the town of Aleppo by myself, then had to defend it against the enraged Ilkhanate lords, again by myself.
    The flight of stairs that leads to the wall greatly confuses the enemy that manages to breach through the gate, and using that as a choke point I won battles of impossible odds (100 to 600).
    Alas, I don't seem to be able to get past the victory sequence (capturing the defeated enemy lords, taking loots and prisoners, etc) which consistently ends up with a CTD and a popup error window which reads: "has vector failed at index -1".The only way to circumvent this was to escape the battle just before defeating all of the besieging force.

Getting a good bit of negative income from most of the towns where I own land, for one of them I have mere 2 acres of land and still taking huge losses weekly...
    -> nevermind, looks like that's the way it was designed to work, you do lose money in less profitable times... I get it now :smile:
  7. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

will do in my future reports, but so far it was all as a vassal of the Teutonic Order.

I think there is something amiss with the killable lords and/or faction resurrection. I keep getting these notices of towns being no longer under siege by our faction - the towns all over the map too far from us and and not hostile to us. Also got a random execution notice of <my player char name> executing <my player char name> once.
  8. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

awww sorry to hear that, hope you got that all sorted out. here is a hoping that my surge protector works as advertised...  :shock: :shock:

thank you for keeping up with your excellent work!

while I really dig new village designs, it does make the lawless villian quests that much harder, to the point where I hesitate if I should take them at all. Anything we could do to alleviate this?

Also, I noticed the older way to disable the unhorsing damage no longer works. How would one go about tweaking this? I was wodnering if you could factor armor value into this (more padded = less damage?) Better yet, I would prefer to let them get knocked out instead of getting killed outright.

I am at war with Hungary, but somehow Aragonian lords are raiding our villages. Aragon has no outstanding issues with us, and accordingly my dialog options aren't wartime ones. The only way I can subdue them is by first delivering my demands to them, myself being the instigator. Frustrating  :sad: ==> we are actually at war against Aragon. not sure what happened to the dialogs then, will go back and re-check!

If you attempt to exchange one of your prisoners for someone else and suddenly realize they don't have any of our guys captive, you get stuck at saying "nobody (to exchange your prisoner for)"

Bit of a spoiler for the inquisitive minds: when you execute your prisoner you lose 5 to 10 relation with the executed lord's relatives, lose honor and party morale, gain a bit of renown. glad I saved before I tried it, wouldn't do it again.

The Gaelic Kingdom keeps resurrecting itself, which doesn't concern me much other than that I get a right to rule boost for every state that declares war upon them.
  9. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

more bugs to report

1) A quite serious one IMO: some lords (so far only the randomly generated ones for me) do not appear in towns they are quoted to be by their peers or by the quest note. This effectively eliminates any chance of completing quests like persuade to make peace or join the vassal, if the disappearing lord happens to be the one I need to contact. In my current playthrough, there is hardly any war anywhere on the map - like less than 5 in total for a looong time. There could be some connection to this bug, or maybe not. -> I 'unhid' him by altering his coordinatea in savegme editor. No war was probably just the delicate power balance with a few factions eliminated, now I am a new marshal figjting on two fronts.

2) Teutonic Order Master Armor has some glitchy texture that bleeds through and distorts the spacetime around it. The armor is quite a looker, hopefully it gets fixed in the next patch.

3) the 5 cattle for free bug is still there, but doesn't bother me :grin:

4) No heraldic / heavy / light lances seen in any of the shops! --> Just found a heavy one in Elbing. Never seen any shopkeeper carry a heraldic one though, could it be because I don't have a fief assigned to me yet? ==> found a heraldic one, just seems lances are just rarer, but they do exist in shops.

5) Just noticed on my girl rescue mission, bandits reward me with a whopping 980exp a pop? Not that I am complaining :grin:

6)If I choose to immediately withdraw from a battle scene in search of a better terrain to fight, I get a "comrades you carry you away" spash screen when neither party has landed a single blow.
  10. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

two things I've noticed (sorry if already covered)

while freelncing for a besieging crusader faction lord, I was involved in some in-fighting aginst his own faction - could have been the renforced garrison - for a couple of rounds AFTER the besieged town fell to us. I was knocked out in that battle, and observed some brief battles in the world map until the marshal decided to dismiss the amassed lords.

the other thing is misplaced "show your wares" dialog when refusing the defeat an harrassing invader quest offer from the guildmaster. happens in every town it seems.
  11. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

burgunfaust said:
    Thanks! That fixed the white plants so I can play now, but it still threw the missing texture error, just for the record.

*Update* I think that it is the pixel shader option being on that causes the white grass. Edit the rgl to make the pixel shader 0 instead of 1.

Also seems to be some kind if textual bug in the in battle command menu for f4. Double printing or something.

sadly, the fix did not work for me. hopefully there is another way out....

nvm, deleting the rgl_config.txt did it. From the looks of it, doing so re-registers something with the reshade module. whatever that was, now I am off to play :grin:
  12. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

I prefer the female faces from the earlier version and am trying to massage module.ini/skins.txt/textures to revert back.
    The way I have it right the game runs but crashes (CTD) after a brief pause when attempting to do anything that would reveal the character faces.
    Any suggestions on how this could be done? Do I need to edit some brfs? Thanks!
  13. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

really liking the custom face skins on women, saves a good bit of work trying to get different textures/models to play nice with each other.

just one little glitch I have here - not sure how it happened, but my female player character has invisible (see through) body texture when going naked (training peasants). Not a big deal, but wondering what could have cause it. Thanks!
  14. FULL-Version+SUBMOD 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.4 New!

any chance you could integrate KAOS political kit to your mod? I am sick of my liege messing around with ****ty lords, would love to start over as queen.
  15. battle continuation bug

Strangely, I keep seeing one of my companion's gear in my equip slots and inventory after I get knocked out in a battle and continue as that companion. That is, everything on my inventory/equip screen gets stuck with whoever I last used even after the battle is long since over. Pretty sure this...
Back
Top Bottom