Recent content by koiju

1. Couple questions... and a request

Aha, thanks for the info :smile:
  2. Couple questions... and a request

OK, first of all, cool looking mod (though I've bearly started playing it, heh) thank you for your time :) so first question, is there any way of being fairy-kin without selecting your father as being a fairy? second question, why would I want to be a ghost? And as for the request, any...
  3. Impressions / Suggestions

SXIII said:
    It would still get quite hot inside an armour, especially during fights. Humans are after all a complex heat engine.

This is very true, it is THE reason we lost our body hair and grew bigger brains.

Not a lot of people realise that very very few animals actually sweat like we do (some give off pheromones, but its not sweat used to cool down like we have) Fur actually causes sweat to be less effective at cooling your body. A naked human will cool off faster from sweating than a clothed one.
    Humans have the most advanced cooling system of any animal on this planet, and this extra cooling is what allows us to have larger brains. If any other animal tried to grow a brain as large as ours the brain would over-heat and die.

Its just like the computing industry atm, we need better cooling systems before we can get processors to run any faster! (safely, anyway)

Also, as a side note, the heat difference between white or black cloth is almost nothing, notice how many Arabian women wear all black? The material its made of has a much greater effect (namely, if the material allows your skin to 'breath'). Metal is very very ineffective, regardless of shininess or colour.

I suspect that armour was kept shiny because it was kept clean. I should think they were taught how to look after their armour. A full plate suite is very expensive, so knowing how to make it last as long as possible is invaluable. Keeping metal clean and polished helps protect it from rust and other forms of corrosion.
  4. Impressions / Suggestions

I think the reason plate armour makes you slower is not the weight, its the difficulty. Sure you might be able to easily carry the weight, but you try running when your legs are encased in metal. Its just difficult to move quickly in a tin suite because its awkward.

besides, there's also the whole 'balance' thing

On that note though, I think that plate armours worn by men on horse back should probably move a bit slower too. The fact that horses aren't effected kinda completely destroys the trade off of heavy armour when your mounted.
  5. What kind of units?

I actually find huscarls to be rather effective myself, they arent that bad at being archers, and when things do get in close they still have solid melee power like other nords.
Back
Top Bottom