Recent content by Knil

1. Knil

One swing hits several nearby ennemies

Meneldur said:
    Correct me if im wrong but doesnt couch lance do somthing similar?
    Many times i saw horsies get killed and its rider with the same blow if the position of the lance was right to get them both.
    Hm i could swear i saw that happening with a  lots of 2h in some version of the beta-phase! the blow cutted through the surrounding enemies one after the other, dunno which version it was and if this was stopable.

This happens with all weapon vs. a rider on a horse.

Basically horses do not stop a sword swing. Theoretically, if you could somehow apply the horse flag to all people then swing would not be stopped and be possible to hit multiple enemies.

If you want to look into it I'm pretty sure Revenge of the Berserk mod has this working.
  2. Knil

WB Port didn't turn out as planned...

theAthenian said:
    At least we can expect the anime.  :roll:

At first I was like wut  :roll:

But then I googled and I went  :eek:

and then :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Woah the new anime is going to be amazing and does kind of make up for the fact of no port :razz:
  3. Knil

I hope the port isn't abandoned  :???:
  4. Knil

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Is there better software to UV map a model or are they all as horrible as wing3d's uv mapping?

CounterPoint391 said:
    Very good looking sword. You got the proportions down. :grin:

Thanks, but I cheat by using a image to get it correctly proportioned. :razz:

5. Knil

Official 3D art thread - Warband

bastardfullered1.png

Simple fullered bastard sword.

3rd or so sword.

164 poly

I wish I could texture as well  :lol:
  6. Knil

B Other Combat Animation Enhancement - Fifth Release with Trailer 15/11/10

Papa Lazarou said:
    I'm not trying to transition to idle immediately, I'm trying to transition into other attacks immediately. The lack of follow-through on isolated attacks does make them look too casual though I agree, and I'll be working on that. Also, like I said earlier, the animations tend to come out less committed than I designed them to be, so I'll probably work on that in later ones too.

For the overhead, do you mean it should stay locked out for longer, or that it should cut deeper? The trouble with cutting deeper is that it's harder on the forearm if the attack misses. But I guess if it doesn't look strange in-game, that's the main thing. I'll probably try a deeper cut and maybe recover to a low position on the next draft.

For the Ochs, what's specifically wrong with the elbow, do you think?

As for the blocks, I used the edge because my wrist feels weak using the flat, no matter how I try it (though I'm not a fencer so I might be missing something). I may change them to block with the flat if I can figure out a good technique for it. The two-handed sword animations will block with the flat in any case.

Knil said:
    All and all great work, are you using motion capture from how you are describing your animating?
    Thanks!

And I'm using poor man's motion-capture :razz: 
    Basically I film the movement from the front and side, then take stills from that, import them into the animation program as textured rectangles, then match the character to the images to make the keyframes for the animation. It's a little time-consuming (takes about 2 hours in total to implement an attack animation), but a lot easier than doing it by eye, and I end up with movements that look pretty much like the real thing.

The tutorial in my sig details the process if you want to have a crack at it. Speaking of which I should probably update that...

Ya when spamming attacks the animations do flow a lot better and look better, but ya I would try to incorporate a follow through on single swings.

The overhead doesn't cross a 90 degree threshold with the body it should finish at a slight angle towards the ground imo.

The ochs looks great when looking it from the side or front but from behind it looks slightly unnatural, probably because of the bone setup.

For the blocks I'll see if I can get my camera up and running and upload some pics for the block directions just to give you some more ideas.

Also interesting way to animate that's for sure :smile:

edit: How does the hit detection work in M&B is it actually based on the animation or preset traces?
  7. Knil

B Other Combat Animation Enhancement - Fifth Release with Trailer 15/11/10

Animations look great in first person but in third person the attacks don't follow through enough, it seems you are trying to make quick short slashes that don't really have any power behind it, because you are trying to transition to idle immediately after the attack.

The overhead gets pulled much too soon and the ochs has a strange angle with the elbow but is decent enough.

For the blocks, I can't stand mostly because of the use of edges to block the swings. I did like the overhead and lower block though, just the side blocks annoy me :razz:

All and all great work, are you using motion capture from how you are describing your animating?
  8. Knil

Greatness.
  9. Knil

Chapter 313 out! Grab yours!

25th of June

You nub.
  10. Knil

[S] Calradia at War - v1.1.1

Is there a feature list somewhere?
  11. Knil

[warband] Matching run-speed and animation speed

Would this be an issue for MP being that your enemies hitbox might be a slightly different spot because they are in different parts of the run animation?
  12. Knil

General Discussion thread for Berserk?

Vomar said:
    So uh yeah.. Why is this berserk beardless?

Because he's not a dwarf?
  13. Knil

STEAM

:lol:
Back
Top Bottom