Recent content by Knighttemplar12

1. Knighttemplar12

Support

Windyplains said:
    Yes, this is known.  It isn't a Floris problem as it is a version incompatibility.  Floris 2.41 is for version 1.134 of warband.  Version 1.143 broke the merchant inventories.  This will be fixed when Floris version 2.5 is released.
    alright
  2. Knighttemplar12

Support

I've downloaded V2.4 of the Mod for Version 1.143, I believe, of M&B:W but, whenever I load up the game, it loads correctly and the game runs well, for as long as I've played it, but none of the items show up. I mean a few of the mounts show up but no weapons or armor, or any of the camp options. Any tips?

P.S. If this problem has already been reported sorry for not looking, didn't really wanna look through 80+ pages :razz:
  3. Knighttemplar12

A short question.

Ogrecorps said:
    Knighttemplar12 said:
    Where can I get the Templar shield? I've been looking for it for a while and can't find it. It SHOULD be somewhere, because one of the mercenary groups has it. Anyone know the best place to look for it?
    Some of the items ONLY spawn on certain units and never in cities so to get them you have to defeat and loot that unit. I don't know what unit has that off the top of my head.
    the name escapes me but they dress like templars and have a templar horse. They're mercs as well.
  4. Knighttemplar12

A short question.

Where can I get the Templar shield? I've been looking for it for a while and can't find it. It SHOULD be somewhere, because one of the mercenary groups has it. Anyone know the best place to look for it?
  5. Knighttemplar12

How did surnames work in the 1400-1500's?

Lord Brutus said:
    Many areas were absent surnames at this time, as evidenced from my own family tree. They used, given name, son of father's given name, from place of birth. As in, Jan Theunnisson von Westbroek,  his son was Antonius Janson von Westbroek.
    yeah thats what I was thinking it might be. I know from before the 1000's to the 1200's, haven't studied much further than that now a bit about 13-1400's but not as much as I would like, that Nobles would use the place were they were born and/or lived as their last name such as... Hughues de Payens, Richard of York, Karl von Berlin, don't know many germanic areas. That's what most would have used back during those times... wait how far have you traced your family tree back Brutus.
  6. Knighttemplar12

Grrr I hate all of the lords in my faction.

Captain_Octavius said:
    It's because they have more renown than you, and/or your relationship with them is not good enough, so it's logical.

If you can't even manage to train up and keep high tier troops, it sounds to me you're not prepared for it yet. Get your companions to a higher level, invest in their trainer skills so you can get troops to a good tier quickly enough, then try again. Also, you don't need to take a castle in just one assault, you can do it in several stages where each time you take down a part of the defenders. You just need to replenish your own troops faster than the castle does if you took significant losses.
    oooooh.... Ok I'll be sure to actually do this. Always was ignorant of the trainer skill always left it to lezalit who is not in my party now but is soon to be! Thanks!
  7. Knighttemplar12

Do you think the people even know about them?

Majhudeen said:
    Knighttemplar12 said:
    They were armed for what they believed in, They were not uptight they were strict so they would have discipline, this was the medieval ages of course they were intolerant everyone was, and, like I said before when they were armed, they were martyrs for their religion. They were honored and brave and could defeat any foe with half the numbers.

Tell that to the "Saracens" Or the actual Arabs who made them surrender without a fight in Krak De Chevaliers, or the fact Sala'Adin and numerous other tacticians managed to thwart the Templar and other Crusader armies with FAR less forces, using the desert and actual guerilla warfare to their advantage while the Crusaders marched in arrogant, under supplied and surrounded. Only in the first crusade was it actualyl organzied. The rest was a constant rabble between lords trying to secure cities, onyl to eithier capture them breifly then fall and retreat, or get slaughtered in the desert.
    You are right about them marching into the desert undersupplied. This was the fault of King Guy de Lusignan. He thought it would be a good idea to attack Saladin after traveling through the desert were they would have no water until they met Saladin. Almost the entire Christian army was defeated there at the Horns of Hattin due to fool leaders blinded by the fact that the christians had never lost a battle when they had the true cross. As for them surrendering at Krak de Chevaliers I believe that this fortress was owned by the Hospitallers. The templars may have been there but the reason for their surrender was that they were running low on food and Saladin promised that they would have safe travel to somewhere. I don't know much about the battle for Krak de Chevaliers.
  8. Knighttemplar12

Keeping Enterprises Profitable

greymanelor said:
    How do you do it?

It seems like slightly less than half the businesses I start go belly up after a week or two. They start costing me money instead of making me any or else make so little money as to take years just to return the investment.

So far I've noticed that SOME businesses always seem to turn a profit. Making velvet in Veluca has never failed to show profit and bread out of Uxhal usually does, but all the others seem like a complete crapshoot. Having an enterprise is supposed to help me financially, but instead I find myself working twice as hard just to earn back what I lose from them.

I've tried importing raw resources personally, but that ends up being so time consuming and unreliable that sometimes I lose money anyway.
    what you do is you look at one that you can afford as well as having a decent income. Do this in a few cities. Eventually you'll get a lot of money with all your fiefs and these businesses. And when one starts to go down you demolish it and use the money you've aquired over time to buy a better one. This will often work for me.
  9. Knighttemplar12

Grrr I hate all of the lords in my faction.

Ok I am a vassal of Rhodoks and I only have my starting one town fief. I'm trying to take some castles but my max army size is about... close to 100 but I can't remember. As well any time I actually get some decent tier troops they get killed by an enemy lord who appears out of nowhere. So I...
  10. Knighttemplar12

Winterz said:
    As there are many things I talk(notice that talk is different from discuss) about which I don't really know.

The difference is that I admit it. Most of you don't.
    yeah I must admit when I'm out with my friends I stutter and end up saying things I don't understand. I stutter a bit not much but a bit. 
  11. Knighttemplar12

Winterz said:
    Well it's always good to know about something before mentioning it or using it but you really shouldn't blame them for that...You can correct, not blame.

I bet there's a whole tons of things you talk about and yet you have no idea what it truly means.

It's just part of a global ignorance...you would be awesomely smart if you knew about everything we talk about but we would need a couple hundred years(at least, it could be unlimited) for such, but you know that our human life span ain't that big.

Our life is very limited. You can spend it learning somethings and still living it or you can spend all your life searching for answers and not really appreciating the life that was given to you.
    .... :shock: wow... that was.... pretty deep man I've gotta give you credit. :grin:
  12. Knighttemplar12

Orion said:
    [[Edit]

Knighttemplar12 said:
    this was the medieval ages of course they were intolerant everyone was

Since you supposedly know oh-so-much about the Crusades, I'll just leave this here. I'm sure you'll see it and think "I done goofed," or you'll spout some more crap about the Templar order and we'll know for certain you're either a fanboy or troll, though probably just a fanboy.

I know of Saladin and how honorable he was. And yes I f***ed up when I said everyone was intolerant because he was not but besides him. There wasn't really too many others like him.

Orion said:
    I can't recall major massacres for which Muslim armies were responsible after the capture of Jewish or Christian cities, and wasn't it common for Muslim leaders to permit pilgrims of other religions into their cities? I know the Christians weren't nearly as lenient, and they often destroyed or defiled Muslim & Jewish places of worship.
    You are right about the christian crusaders slaughtering all sorts of people inside of Jerusalem but we don't know if they all felt so thrilled about it as others did. I may be wrong about this for none of us was here on the day this happened and thus we cannot speak for anyone, but I think, I THINK!, that many men who fought for the capture of Jerusalem would have been as disgusted about this situation as we are today. I may be wrong though. And, as well, the Templars were formed about ten years, I think, after the capture of Jerusalem.

Úlfheðinn said:
    Knighttemplar12 said:
    hahaha  :mrgreen: no as much as I wish I could live up to the standards of the Knights Templar I am not a templar reborn. But Fate has strange ways does it not?

1) Found a religious order
    2) Invade the Holy Land/Fight other religions
    3) ???
    4) Profit

Worry not, as you can see from my clever plan, it is still entirely possible for you to live up to the standards of the Templar Knights.
    Like I've said above the Templars were formed after jerusalem. And you are somewhat correct about the "???" Becuase, supposedly, a good deal of the Templars went missing for the first several years barely ever to be seen. But their profit was not intentional. Their order consisted of the rules "Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience." Thus they were not able to hold the money as their own possesions but, rather, as the groups possesion and they would use this money for supplies and such.
  13. Knighttemplar12

Aethelbert said:
    You lot should show some respect. Its not beyond the realms of possibility, that knightemplar12 is actually a real Knight Templar reborn. I don;t want him to spurn the thread, just because you guys won;t fathom such a possibility.
    hahaha  :mrgreen: no as much as I wish I could live up to the standards of the Knights Templar I am not a templar reborn. But Fate has strange ways does it not?
  14. Knighttemplar12

Ambalon said:
    Knighttemplar12 said:
    Toffey said:
    I think the most important question is why you added a "12" to your name when the name "Knighttemplar" is free.

And most people don't know much about anything unless it's really famous or significant. I actually enjoy reading about history, but I don't know much of anything about the knight orders.
    I added the 12 because I didn't know if Knighttemplar was free
    God, you are free.
    And I piss on you and your ******** choirboy pretend-knights.
    :neutral:
  15. Knighttemplar12

Aethelbert said:
    I believe I saw a documentary about the Templars. Wasn't it called the Da vinci code? and then there was this educational game called assassins creed which seemed rather revisionist in contrast to the documentary.
    the Da Vinci code is a fictional movie based an a conspiricy theory and Assassins Creed HAS some parts that are true but most of its fiction
Back
Top Bottom