Recent content by Knight of the Rose

1. MP Native [Native compatible] NeoGK - The siege enhancement mod

Thank you Sly.  I haven't got around to everyone yet, I still need to talk to Ven but Motsogr and everyone else I spoke to are on board. 
  2. MP Native [Native compatible] NeoGK - The siege enhancement mod

Having run the NeoNative mod exclusively on GK siege for years now,  we have decided it was time to release it to the public at large.  This will allow all siege servers to take advantage of any and all features in NeoNative mod.  This process will be done in a few stages.  The first stage will be release to a few key servers such as Wolfpack siege.  After a few weeks of allowing these grandfathered servers to get the mod up and running,  it will be released to the public to be used on any server who wishes to use it. 

Features include:

Over 100+ siege style maps,  many already including NeoNative props and triggers so you can play NeoNative right "out of the box."

Catapults, trebuchets, boiling oil, breakable barriers and more!

We hope you are excited about seeing these features used on the aging warband servers.  I am sure it will give new life to the game and to the community. 

~NeoNative Team

Credits:

Full code rights reserved as followed:

NeoNative scripting :  DWARF
    Native Armory Expansion :  DBD
    NSPE :  DBD (by extension through Madoc)
    Madmin integrated features :  Madoc (mod is open for public use)
    Most maps :  DBD
    Other maps :  "Mappywood" (includes several mappers, just waiting to contact a few more to make sure we can use all the maps.  If not, some may be cut from the final product). 
  3. [GK] -- Golden Kingdom

[M] said:
    Could you bring back GK Duel please? The other east coast ones are really unstable all the time

Yes I am sorry,  I have been meaning to update and get Duel back online.  Expect it soon.

(V)ELK0R said:
    I noticed that samurai armor was added recently along with a katana. If I re download the mod will it unlock for me? Or do I have to download something else to get it?

Yes just redownload and install NeoGK.  The files have been updated recently :smile:  You will then be able to use the new items.

You can always download the latest version here: http://www.leagueofrevolution.com/showthread.php?tid=1764

Make sure you bookmark that page!
  4. Wolfpack Siege Server (Until 13/7/2013)

Great changes!  Good luck my friend.  :cool:
  5. Bros making cool warband videos

Eman,  please DL and install the latest mod we use,  NeoGK.  It adds catapults, ballistas and all sorts of other chit to the game which will give you plenty of fodder for videos. 

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3829
  6. US_GK_Siege Server

Well good news either way!  Most games netcode can barely handle 64 players.  At least we can do 90 without much issue :smile:
  7. US_GK_Siege Server

Indeed!  It probably feels smoother because we optimized the code for less script looping.  Are you using the light version?
  8. US_GK_Siege Server

To keep your mouths watering about NeoGK and the future of GK siege,  I am happy to announce the following upcoming additions to the code:

1. boiling water bucket (instant death effect,  the same as with the old burning bucket)
    2. stone bucket (The same as with the old one, but few points might changed)
    3. battering ram
    4. trebuchet
    5. A very interesting element, but it's still a secret  :wink:
  9. US_GK_Siege Server

GK siege is happy to announce the release of NeoGK!!!

NeoGK opens an entire array of features that may be implemented in our maps,  from catapults to ballistas to boiling oil.  New Sfx,  new weapons and armor,  and MORE! 

In order to take full advantage of this release,  please download the mod from the following link:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3829/

Alternate download location:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uaqluxxp88djfq
  10. "RED_sweet_siege_servers" is Tercios, back from the dead

Vishnya has been very cordial.  I wish there siege server the best and if you happen to make some nice custom maps in the future we are open to map trading :smile:
  11. "RED_sweet_siege_servers" is Tercios, back from the dead

jeckfromshadow said:
    I really don't get the point of these messages. You think that the server should've been allowed to run with stolen maps, just because you like it? You really give a bad name for yourself.

i think shutting down server was not justified, let them run their damn server with stolen maps, if your server is competitive enough people will come back. Shutting down rivals server creates really bad precedent, it could be temptative for server owners to shut down competetor servers instead of to compete with them.

unfortunatelly there are little what GK could do to stop using their maps, but enforcing server to shut down is red line.

also there are third party of this battle - players. It looks like you striked both gst and simple players by shutting down server, they have nothing to do with gk maps, but they did hurt.

to generalize all this thoughts - it will hurt community more in long term, then benefit from implementing such methods.

The point has been made already,  and so has yours.  No need to reiterate it over and over.
  12. "RED_sweet_siege_servers" is Tercios, back from the dead

Vishnya said:
    Dear taleworlds community!
    I'm the head-administrator of russian Sweet server project. Recently we've started a new siege server with RED servers project because there were no russian siege servers and we wanted to glad them with a new server. I don't know much about sieges and asked for help with installation Vseslav (head-admin of RED project) and he gave me a piece of advice about the settings for the siege and maps. I can't make any statements now because Vseslav is currently offline. But one thing that i can say that we didn't expect to make such a mess and just wanted to make a good server for russian people. Our project has a quite good reputation in Russia for more than a year as battle, duel and nirecotive mod server. We are using my ownly modified Madmin called Vishnya Admin Tools on all our server except of nirecotive. If these maps turn stolen I'll remove them. For now, please write me the names of ur maps (Names we use on our server).
    I'll write further info ASAP.

Thank you buddy,  for being reasonable and explaining the situation.  Are you using steam?  I would be happy to work this out with you and give you a list of the maps which are private.  :smile:

If not,  I would be glad to discuss it in PM here. 

~~~~

I think what Greed said sums it all up.  We do not want to stop fair competition.  GK has competed with several long standing servers like 22nd/Wolfpack siege for over 3 years now and this has driven innovation and very well designed works.
  13. "RED_sweet_siege_servers" is Tercios, back from the dead

Gaius_Octavian said:
    Shemaforash said:
    I think you're making too big of a deal though, just allow them to publically present your maps, allow MORE people to have fun on them and let the "drama" be over with.

Takes a fair amount of time and effort to make a map.  I am sure that if you created something which takes days, something actually original, you would gladly let all of use it.  Please develop something of quality and just give it away.  I would take you seriously then.

Exactly... I have put in about 1500 hours of mapping,  made about 50 maps that's 30 hours per map on average.

All's I can say to this is...

aGGcoNY.jpg

Seriously if this kind of thing isn't taken care of I am at the point where I ask myself why I would even bother to mod let alone buy bannerlord. 

14. Tercios_GST_Server stealing work without permission

I'm seriously done with this thread.   

See you all on GK_Siege,  we are releasing neoGK this weekend.  Have fun!
  15. Tercios_GST_Server stealing work without permission

Raxxter said:
    They kindly help the community by creating a kind of competition about who has the best server.
    Just remember the past: competition helps improving/ creating things.

Exactly. Without competition there would be little incentive for innovation.  The Native Armory Expansion,  Native Scene Prop Expansion and now NeoGK expansion were all wrought from the flames of competition with our EU siege "rivals".  This is a basic fact of biology.

Fehnor said:
    Nice ad hominem.

It's not really an ad hominem if its true :razz:  You really don't play a big part in the NA community as far as I know.  I would be more tactful with you,  but you don't seem to care about anyone elses feelings anyway so what's the point.
Back
Top Bottom