Recent content by kinngrimm

1. kinngrimm

cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

Even with its flaws, cRPG made bannerlord fun, something that TW never could do.

Imo some simple tweaks (and it seems most of them are coming which is even cooler) could make the mod even better:
    - Remove Menav and glaive from cav (the arc of the swings is just so broken)
    - Add cooldown to couch lance
    - Reduce horse speeds
    - Increase crossbow reloading speed
    - Add strength requirements to crossbow (and not 6, more like 12-15 for the good ones)
    - Reduce jareeds dmg
    - Remove board shield from cavs
    - Add flags to maps
    - Make teams based on a KD average (Cavs have highest K/D so this will spread them more evenly)
    last patch they reduced the relaod speed on xbows
    this patch flags were added
    i would suggest you put your suggestion on the crpg discord so devs could read them and maybe they therefor get implemented
  2. kinngrimm

cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

The grind in cRPG was also a reason for a rather stable playerbase over a long time. Sure new players as myself in the beginning had a hard time. I myself started playing warband with cRPG, no vanilla before that and i havent had one kill for 2 weeks. To me that was the reason to sink my teeth in it, i wanted to at least get one freakin kill. Several things happened over time, i learned the maps, i learned most of the game mechanics (not all ^^ as a shielder manual blocking was never a consideration to me back then *sigh*) and ofcause over time i got better equipment and better stats. Still the balancing team was on the case here all the time. The first 30 lvl you could reach rather quickly in a week, 31 where you could retire, get a loom point start from lvl 1 again took another week(sometimes quicker sometimes not). Every gear was improvable 3 times by a loom point, but then again these were small improvements and only in extrem situations i felt like they maybe give a bit of an advantage. Really good players coming from native, were able to pick up a weapon and carry it over the rounds and get kills straight away and reaching lvls was quick enough. Quite similar to now in cRPG back then within a week you can get to lvl 30 then the soft cap settles in and around i think it was lvl 32 (not 100% sure) a hard cap came after which needed xp went up exponentially. To reach lvl 36 from 35 was nearly 2 years grind and noone of the devs thought it even possible and all i got was one attr point 2 skill points which in comparison to 35 lvls before didnt make much differance in terms of gameplay anymore.

So anyone claiming such system would be detremental to new players i just disagree with. Sure players who played cRPG for a long time had good gear, some of them though also were just amazing players who could block lightning fast attacks with complex movement and faints and new players who thought they were good because they were i don't know in some theme park legion or other mod were they were the bigshots often got bloodied fast by them, as cRPG balanced many aspects as well to which you too first need to get accustomed to which is also why i didnt even care for bannerlord vanilla when it came out especially though as so much stuff was so bad in the very beginning and partly still is.

Currently i am myself in the situation again to be a beginner, many of the old reflexes now dont work anymore as several changes to combat mechanics were not backwards compatible and i need to relearn which is a freaking pain in the ass. Then having cavalery not making any sound on approaching you from behind, shields taking more damage for incorrect block and having to block in the correct direction while shields overall covering less of the characters hitbox all the while getting the impression that there are more random uncontrollable sources of death are around. That all would already keep me from playing vanilla and only the hope that cRPG may eventually address these matters keeps me playing currently.

One last point, i could never play bannerlord online for a prolonged time for the same reason i can't play Defend the Vergin in cRPG back in warband, fighting NPCs bores me to death after having felt the thrill to kill other real players. The sweet satisfaction to sneak up on a ranged -snip- who thought himself safely shooting from afar into melee combat only to learn that three strikes and he would be out could be achieved in seconds.
  3. kinngrimm

kick, pomel strick & shield bash *length*

So the question would be, how much weapon length would equal a kick, a pomel strike or a shield bash? If you got no deffinite answer estimates would suffice.
  4. kinngrimm

In Progress Perks which decrease party food consumption also decrease, and even might stop completely, Steward xp gains.

Hello, i have been informed that the devs are aware and working on this issue. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.
    any changes to this particular mechanic yet?
  5. kinngrimm

SP - UI Smithing Save Template

while we are at it, an export/import option so we could use certain sets of gear for our playthroughs
  6. kinngrimm

SP - UI Smithing Save Template

We currently don't have plans for saving templates but I can bring it up internally.

Wooden swords, why not?

so i guess nothing came of it.
    Bulk crafting, saving recepies or adding shift+wait to stop the waiting when stammina recovered(last one is a mod but should be vanilla), all such quality of life things are missing.
  7. kinngrimm

MP Native cRPG

well well well
    let the mayham begin
  8. kinngrimm

POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

What i like to see again is to be able to configure my character at the start so he already looks aged. Later in the game he can start out younger and then at a propriate age reaches the way i designed him to look at a certain age.
    That is also so when i copy the configuration to multiplayer, he already looks old.
  9. kinngrimm

What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

To save you character face here is how. When you are in character face creation(where sliders are) press CTRL+C then you can paste the text in notebook or something and save it on your computer. Then next time you are creating a character copy that text and the go to the character creation, make sure you are at the point you can change sliders. Then press CTL+V to paste the saved face.
    thanks for the information.

my point though still stands. Why should i have to remember where i safed my face configuration a few months down the line when i return to the game? I like the option to addtionally be able to safe those configurations so should i deinstall and reinstall in the meantime, i then could get back such configuration.
    As it this is about quality of life improvements, convenience is a part of that and for that it would be nice that when i go into multiplayer or singleplayer i have my last configuration already loaded. If i should feel like changing it, i still could. I myself rather prefer to have once put some time into that configuration and then use it all the time. Going from there, it is a hustle then for me to always have to load or reconfigure.
  10. kinngrimm

What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

- safing my character layout, so i dont have to redo my face all the time
    - inverting attack direction, it allows for different mouse handling where it comes to footwork
    - allowing to bind keys by replacing already binded keys.
    It is more of a hustle to first search a key which is not binded, then switch out what you want to have a certain key and then finally bind the key, then go back and and bind those functions you unbound because you wanted that key.

edit: things which were available in warband, but i did not find here sofar or am missing something myself
  11. kinngrimm

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Could you give a bit more detail on your intent for multiplayer? Will there be a map mode, would it be without 'NPCs in the army but only people playing against each other? Could you customize your castles or built them up complettly on your own? Would there be a character development so you could increase your stats permantently and have a certain set of gear available which you could purchase and then use as a set when doing multiplayer sessions? Whould there be an ingame economy for multiplayer, where you can outfit your troops which then could be used by other players for battles? You know stuff like that =)
Back
Top Bottom