Recent content by Kichawa

1. Resolved Beta 1.5.10 Can't issue commands once enemy start to flee battle field.

Devs, u have any idea how many problems it created ? All listed in above posts. <snip> It completely breaks the game in later, even mid, stages with larger armies. <snip>
  2. Deploying troops on map before battle

Ah whatever we have time :smile: Game still being developed I am confident devs understand importance of this feature,it just may not be high on priority list as there is still so many things to work on. Taking whole picture into the account game development is heading is awesome direction,in my opinion but we still need to voice our thoughts on what we think is important, especially that it looks like the devs do listen to feedback, which is such a rare thing nowdays :grin:
  3. Deploying troops on map before battle

I agree. First of, no commander would ever charged within 500 meters of enemy line and than stopped " ok enemy is advancing let me organize my troops, set lines, sort groups and formations... oh enemy is already 50 meters from my troops and arrows already killed half my army and enemy cav is already hiting from flank hmmmm how did this happen".
    Secondly, any good strategy game lets you do it. One of most successful franchises, Total War, of course lets you deploy your troops before battle.

I know many people, no offence to anyone intended, just press everyone charge and have their armies in 4 basic groups either coz they cba or just play on 1/3 difficulty so it doesnt matter. But on realistic in battles where you are outnumbered like 2 or 3 to 1 i find i can win most of time by utilising all 8 groups (wish there was more like 12), using all options on the table in formations and reactivley moving soldiers between groups (for example my group 8 is right cav flank, 7 is left cav flank and 6 is cav reserve from which cav is moved to group 7 or 8 as needed depending on battle development etc. my infantry tends to be in group 1 and 3 where 1 is middle and main holding line with good armor and shields and 3 tends to be faster shock troops that dance around group 1 depending what happens, ranged just generic group 2, 5 is companions and family sort of elite cav hehe, 4 i keep empty for splits like if i decide i want to take part of shock infantry and run them somewhere or split of part of archers and move them to the secured flank but still keep some archers behind main group or split of part of main wall infantry from group 1 and play two flanking mini armies as in left cav+wall infantry + archers and right cav+wall inf+shock troops or something possibilities are endless. ofc you cant use default keybinds for example i have groups on 1-5, t,g,b and orders on q,e,r,f,v,c,x,z. My muscle memory after hundreds of hours in bannerlord now allows me to deploy lines and formations super fast as soon as i see what terrain i am on but really... you drop in battle, without knowing what terrain ur on and with your forces just put in default positions which are not that good and if you are not fast enought, meaning if you dont come up with keybinds that are easy for you and develop muscle memory so you dont have to think what to press... you are ****ed if you play realistic mode, are outnumbered, drop on terrain not good for your army composition like forest when you have way too many archers for it etc. Just... what the hell is this strategy game or arcade twich reaction turbo fast press million keys fast or you are dead... not only t6he fact that tactics perk that should let you deploy doent work and there is no mod to fix it (only one mod on nexus but doesn't work with 1.4.3 and iffy on 1.4.2, wayyyy out of date) but this should be normal feature without any perks, like in any strategy game, strategy simulation etc. otherwise it is just frustrating. Rly, when i started i pent few days working out my keybinds, drilling formations and troop movement etc in moded custom battles where enemy would just stand far far away and i was able to have peace and plenty of time to practice, drill in muscle memory etc... I really dont think many people can be arsed to do that hence memes and general thinking that bannerlord is just f1 f3. Dont fix the perk, remove it, give us normal deployment before battle like any normal strategy. You ahve it in game already ! sidges. Just move the same deployment system to ALL battles.Deployment area may be tactic perks and skill depended sure but for the love of gods, deploying system is already in the game can we please use it :smile:

Rant aside I LOVE the game can't wait to see how it develops over coming years :grin: Work well and fast, get past early access, release dlcs my wallet is waiting open and ready. For 20 years I played all total war games, bought all and all dlcs and always dreamed that would be so cool to be on that battlefield, have a character representing me in game in that battle chaos, I am so angry I havent tried MB games before now, MB BL is fast becoming my favourite game... and I am a house husband i have pretty much 7-8 hours a day allocated for gaming every single day and since I got BL few weeks ago... I havent been playing anything else :grin: well apart from occasional TWWH2 online battles... still, best game ever.
  4. Swapping between stable and beta branches

As of today it takes 31 gigs download to swap between 1.4.3 and 1.4.2 and vice versa. Screw this, sadly no more beta for me which also means no SP campaign since difference between 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 in quality of experience is so huge that, at least for me, it is impossible to go back to 1.4.2 after playing 1912 in game days long campaign in 1.4.3.

I can't be the only person who would have kept putting hours in beta and sending crash reports helping with getting beta version stable and who now will not. Please please please TW make a normal version change launcher, allow those who want to help have two versions installed.
  5. Swapping between stable and beta branches

Generally need an easier way to switch between the two, yeh. Even if we download the beta and a simple mod-style switch between beta and stable branch.
    Yeah that is the issue, the simple mod style switch doesn't work, steam still needs to download stuff somehow. If this method work would be no issue it only takes few seconds. It's not even about the time as downloading 8 gig or 3 gig whenever switching between MP and SP doesn't take that long but I am sure my nvme doesn't like having 12+ gig written to it every single day and that is assuming I feel like one SP and one MP session... If i want to play a bit SP than few MP matches and back to campaign that is almost 20gig written daily to my drive. nvme is expensive and like all ssd has limited lifespan, being forced to write 20 gig daily just to switch between multiplayer and singleplayer is asking a lot from someone without unlimited funds. There is no reason for this, just give us version option in launcher, since game already has one even tho it launches through steam... god I love launchers within launchers, rant aside, ok nvm back to playing download finished I can go back to my campaign :smile:
  6. Swapping between stable and beta branches

Hi, I am very sorry if I post in wrong section, I couldn't figure out where to post it so I decided to just go to general. I really enjoy current beta 1.4.3 for single player. To play MP have to use 1.4.2 stable branch tho. I can only install one version on steam. The usual trick of copying...
Back
Top Bottom