Recent content by Kevar

1. The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

I'm finding the Arena Expansion Mod to be a little unbalanced and out of scale with the rest of the mod. I don't have much incentive to track down a group of enemies to get loot that will barely be sold for more than 200 when I can get 400 from a single arena fight.
  2. the xking is sorry

Qwertyest said:
    Umm... So what exactly did 'the xking' do?

Went around lighting things on fire while screaming "The XKing wills it so!"

I am so sorry.
  3. Introduction/Hello thread

pavlov said:
    Kevar- I'm also a workout-a-holic, getting into body building as of... a few weeks ago actually. How many hours a day do you spend at the gym? or do you work out at home?

I'm not a body builder or anything, I just do it to keep in shape and stay toned. I work out everyday at my home. I do push-ups, sit-ups and curls with a weight. I started about 3 months ago and haven't missed a day yet. Right now I can do about 300 push-ups and 4 sets of 10 curls with a 20 pound weight.
  4. Mount & Blade

Im not sarcastic...

Sounds sarcastic to me. What shall we do, boys? :wink:
  5. Introduction/Hello thread

Might as well..

Sixteen year old in the USA. Heavily into daily working out, Nintendo franchises, comicbooks, Hellboy, Xombie, building computers; the bands Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, Iced Earth and Led Zeppelin. Love this game and watching it unfold as developement progresses. :wink:
  6. Arena, anyone?

RiotShield said:
    Lhorkan said:
    Too bad you can't attack. :razz: (maybe with a bow though, but I'm not an archer)

Bow doesn't work either. You can stop the horses though, so if you are watching and have a bet on the fight stop those horses to help your bet along...

Disabling horses doesn't always help, though :wink: I always find my horse allies in the arena to be slouches.
  7. You Slay Me!

Sir Saladin said:
    I like Kevar's suggestions and I might even try them some time.

Thanks, glad someone liked them. If a patch fixes my savefile I might upload some videos of some of my strategies. I have some problems with FRAPS, though.

Ancientwanker said:
    Ya, bow and 2hander works for me too.

Shoot the unshielded in the head as they approach then kill the shielders with the 2hander. Switch back and forth as needed. Sometimes ill just wait for a shielder to drop his shield and then face shoot him but only if hes alone.

Horsemen from behind is my number one threat while on foot. Archers and spearchuckers are my number two. Guys with swords on foot just die.

Bow works nicely as well. With a two-handed weapon and bow you can get 48 arrows, which is quite a lot of ammo. I personally prefer throwing weapons because you almost never use that much ammo along with your two handed weapon and I like the improved damage. Still, good suggestion.
  8. Heh. Fun. Berserkage = Fun

Dvd said:
    Arathiel said:
    can we do it with a greatsword? i'm not a spear guy

Nope. The spear is what makes it fun. Also, try to unhorse black knights with a greatsword :twisted: . It isn't easy.
    Also, the spear makes it vital to not get involved in close combat, but to stay 6-7 ft away.
    -Dvd

Unhorsing black knights with a two handed weapon isn't too hard with some practice. Unfortunately you usually only get one attack in before the rest of the black knights leave you in a constant state of "flinching because horses are hitting you" :razz:
  9. You Slay Me!

"YOU CANT BLOCK EVERY BLOW WHEN THEY YOU ARE SURRROUNDED!! if you can, just shut up..."

Okay, wow, no need to get rude. Also, you messed up the BBcode somewhere so I'm just going to quote it like that.

I never said "get sorrounded" - I said get them into a file (either by charging at them, sidestep slashing or targeting strays) and then break them up and hack them one by one. It should only take one or two blows to kill a guy because two handed weapons are powerful. Try doing something other than backpedaling - the AI reacts to the way you're moving, like if you charge at them they'll backpedal. Mess around with that and learn to use it.
  10. You Slay Me!

Kniggit said:
    it kind of feels like cheating.

I dont get why people call running backwards cheating or cowardice. You think your just supposed to stand there and do nothing while your getting your ass kicked? You think its brave to stand there like a moron and get surrounded, no chance of victory? Thats not bravery, thats just plain stupid.

I believe the words they might have been looking for are "Not stylish"

I rarely backpedal. Just practice. If you depend on backpedaling you probably won't get too much better at blocking. Melee combat is a lot harder to learn than archery when you factor in multiple enemies.

Oh yeah, and learn to play with high mouse sensitivity. Seriously. You can't swing faster, but you sure can turn faster and block multiple enemies better.
  11. I Am Armed To The Teeth

Implementing powerful forest creatures would be neat. Nothing would interrupt a war like an angry bear :razz:
  12. Strong suggest about two hand sword... (read please)

Yeah, it would look too silly. Plus it would be very impractical. If you become that good with a sword, why even need the shield?
  13. You Slay Me!

Master blocks. The key to blocking is that you can always block, even if you're in the middle of a swing. Also, you REALLY need a high athletics skill.

Contrary to what others are suggesting, don't go for the backpedaling tactic. Mix it up a bit. If there are 3 or 4 dark knights rush at them to break their file and hit them where it counts. If you backpedal, they rush at you. If you rush at them, they backpedal. See how this works? If you strafe around a bit and one of them gets seperated from the file, charge him and take him down then spin around to the group again. I can take about six-seven dark knights with my two handed axe and rarely get hit. After practice, the only trouble is when two enemies swing at you in different directions at the same time. That sucks hard.

Use throwing weapons. Master them. If 9 dark knights charge at you, you'll want to be able to hit at least three of them in the head before they get close. If you can't hit a guy in head from 3.0 range, practice.

Unfortunately my level 28 guy's savefile is all bugged up. :???: Hopefully I can get back into it after a patch or so.
  14. Indoor combat.

It doesn't even have to be complex like storming castles, even. Just a medium-large indoor area for fighting that adds to the usefulness of athletics while restricting the (IMO) somewhat overpowered horseriders. Maybe some missions where bandits attack the town's castle or something, and you start the battle in the castle. Or if you engage in combat near a town it'll use an indoor arena to fight in. Maybe even large caverns if you're near a mountain or something. Possibilities are endless.
  15. Solo Characters versus Partying

I've actually put this game off to play other games until some more features are added (Two of which I want badly are indoor combat and more heroes) but I still love it and check the forums every now and then. When more heroes are added I'm going to have a party consisting JUST of them and give them very good gear. It'll be a band of warriors taking on armies similar to "Fire Emblem"
Back
Top Bottom