Recent content by Kernowek

1. Kernowek

Poll "What your favorite weapon type"

It was about base game. So info about current fun\balance
    Spears got ruined early on, back in the MP beta. This was implemented into the main Singleplayer game for some reason I cannot fathom and now the AI just doesn't bother to even use them. Even though the spear was the primary weapon of 90% of armies before and after the time the game is drawing from for inspiration. The mod allows me to fight on foot in a shield wall with spear armed troops and it just feels right.
  2. Kernowek

Poll "What your favorite weapon type"

1h spear with shield with the "Realistic Battle" mod, 2h axe is a close second.
  3. Kernowek

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

If they wait and release big updates the community becomes restless (though they could alleviate this if they would communicate better about what is causing delays and what is actively being worked on!), also they gain less total user testing time. If they release multiple small updates it breaks people's mods which sucks, though this is balanced by more user testing benefit.

Mmmm... I hope so haha but I think that what you see is what you get. Mexxico has told us some of the stuff he is working on for future patches (a super basic clan party control system, better influence voting) and the PR team told us about the maps terrain system in the works. I reckon that's about it for systems secretly in development, happy to be proven wrong by new communication.
    Waited 8 years for this game, can wait a few months for something more impactful on gameplay, if others can't they shouldn't have bought into EA, people are already restless because of how small these updates are and the missing features require time sounds like they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I've heard something of changes to the order of battle system, no details however. But yeah, better communication of what is actually being worked on would be nice.
  4. Kernowek

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

imagine if they worked as hard as this in mp
    MP has always been less important to the series (The first game didn't even have multiplayer). The singleplayer was the unique part of the series meanwhile TW gave us battle, deathmatches, duels and MP sieges. Only really the sieges was unique - It was the community, modders and external companies like Flying Squirrel that made M&B multiplayer big.

Lots of small updates is lovely, but seriously the team needs to be given time to work on bigger, more meaningful updates soon.
    So much is still missing, there's probably a lot of internal iteration going on, but we need to see it, if not get our hands on it and test new systems.
  5. Kernowek

SP - General Bard-like Companion

Haha well thats how i see it

Making me crave a Hellenistic/Classical Greece mod now chief.
  6. Kernowek

Archers and Crossbowmen performance insanely good in 1.5.5

One of the main issues is the time era the game pulls from - During the early middle ages the bow was extremely effective - Although an archer HAD to be properly trained which made them less numerous than the common levy infantryman almost no Kingdoms/Tribes at the time had professional armies, forget about combat trained archers which is why many nations chose the crossbow over the bow as it's operation required less training despite it being a more complex weapon from a construction standpoint, which again made them rare too.

Wrought Iron was still a common material for armour and plate was still a few hundred years off. Mail was great against slashing blows and thrusts from most broad-tipped weapons but the bow, repeated attack with a spear and early sheer impact of the Norman lance (Due to their innovations in saddle design) was still extremely potent against mail (which is what brought about development of better thrusting defensive armours). And mail was mainly a nobles and their guards armour at the time your common levy infantryman would be lucky to have a helmet of simple banded rivoted construction to go with their shield in most Kingdoms.

From a gameplay standpoint well trained archers should be extremely rare, high cost and maintenance and very precious as they should be a rarity. The general accuracy of archers should be lower with a lower fire rate. Very few nations had archers capable of firing more than 6-10 shots per minute even on recurve, self and composite bows, forget about longbows (Exceptions I can think of off the top of my head would be the Welsh and many of the Steppe tribes) and the highest threat killzone of a bow is within 200yds, losing high amounts of men beyond that range is a bit harsh on infantry units and the bow shouldn't stunlock infantry, especially in a shieldwall.

TLDR: Infantry should definitely take less casualties closing on archers and those archers should not be shooting like machineguns.
  7. Kernowek

Implement a Block Stamina

Mordhau exists by the way.

Stamina would not improve the game in any way. Also properly made swords (even longswords) are light and well balanced. The average weight of a longsword is 1.5KG (Which I am sure most people can lift :wink: ) with most of that weight down by your hands, it's not like you're swinging a tree.
  8. Kernowek

Taleworlds™ starts making another game/dlc before Bannerlord is finished. "Unannounced Project™"

It's a normal part of games development - The people working on any upcoming new projects would be pre-production teams - most developers have pre-production running on games that are years away while the main development team work on the current project, this is nothing to be concerned about.
  9. Kernowek

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 📁 Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

Some more concept designs. Author: Even Amundsen (https://www.artstation.com/mischeviouslittleelf)
    Some examples:

even-amundsen-bandits-pyro3.jpg
    even-amundsen-bandits-reaver3.jpg
    Ahhh, Assassins Creed Valhalla. Further pushing misconceptions of the dynamic and relations between the Anglo-Saxons and their Briton neighbours and subjects even more out of whack. I was excited to see what they'd do with the Britons but they did them sooo dirty... Skyrim bandit leather armour, animal skulls, and spooky Pagan iconography for the nominally Catholic Britons. They even announced a pagan horror themed Irish DLC for 9th century very Catholic Ireland.

On a positive note - The new armour for the Battanians the Bannerlord team have been making are lovely! @alieser I salute you and the lads, great stuff.

The new male and female highland tunics/dresses are so much better the Highland Chainmail and Highland Mail shirt are perfect and the new reinforced Fian Mail looks beautiful (And the slight Bronze-Age Anachronism really well done). Knocked it out the park and it's so much better a representation and the unit tree looks much better than before with a minimum of tatty looking, poorly stitched clothing which is nice to see! (Tailoring really wasn't that bad even then ahaha).
  10. Kernowek

What are you listening to right now? Mark V

*Posts Enigma*
    Love that album, so smooth.

11. Kernowek

⚔️ Artems Video Thread: Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord ⚔️

Star wars is one of the series that are the foundations of Science Fiction, without it i'm pretty sure SCI-FI wouldn't have been so popular.

It's like calling godfather a boring movie because it has generic italian mafia, while the whole stereotype of italian mafia has been made by the godfather.
    Space-Fantasy. Star Wars is less scientific than even Middle Earth is.

Old pulp novels, Starship Troopers, Star Trek and above all Dune are the foundation of the modern Science-Fiction genre.
  12. Kernowek

⚔️ Artems Video Thread: Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord ⚔️

Don't make 40K grim dark? I think you've missed the entire point of 40k.
    Warhammer and 40k are both full to the brim with black humor. They’re supposed to be funny. A lot of people get that with Warhammer. Not so many with 40k, who take everything at face value. Which is exactly the opposite of what the creators intended.
    Preach. Literally had hair-metal Space Marines who sing people to death and Genestealers in Limos.
    Even in the closer to modern era, the Ciaphas Cain books are full of humour (and are still the best 40k novels).
    Even the super grim dark Horus Heresy has a lot of levity between characters on both sides.

Admittedly I've still not read the Plague Wars books past the first one which was a grim slog - But the Fabius Bile books have a lot of funny moments also. (Emperor's Children are surprisingly chipper still).
Back
Top Bottom