Recent content by Karl_Magnus

1. Karl_Magnus

Still can't swim

Dude, why can't I do backflips ?
  2. Karl_Magnus

Still can't swim

Wasn't Viking Conquest a modded map that Taleworlds made into an expansion? I'd much prefer have issues fixed and actual planned features to be functional before anything like naval features.
  3. Karl_Magnus

Still can't swim

I'm sure commanders used to just throw their soldiers into rivers while fighting their enemies. Sounds like a good tactical choice.
  4. Karl_Magnus

🔔 Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

The original post keeps getting updated after patches, so it's not quite dead.
  5. Karl_Magnus

Offended dude.

Oh ****. The relation system is working on this occurence.

Please fix this, TW!
  6. Karl_Magnus

GAME DIFICULTY

Where are the firearms...
  7. Karl_Magnus

I'm afraid to give people advice at this point.

infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.
    tbh this

How the **** are my soldiers even getting shot in the head if they have a shield? Just make them detect if there is enemies right in front of them; if there isn't anyone to fight, raise the shield higher to block the arrows.
  8. Karl_Magnus

the archers are actually horses
    Oh ****! 1.3.0 patch introducing centaurs soon.
  9. Karl_Magnus

4 days later, mounted archer nerf
    I feel like just fixing the recruits-only armies of lords and making foot ranged units aim at the horses more so the mounted archers fall off seems to me like it would be enough of a ''nerf''.
  10. Karl_Magnus

Glad that beta version was tested before going live /sarcasm

That’s true but it’s early
    That's why I'm not freaking out completely just now. I reckon there's still pleeeenty of time to work on the game, and they can still be working on it after official full game release, but in the ultimate possibility of seeing them just handing out the game to modders in the end, I'd be cringing a bit.

And good on you if you play the game a lot, but I personally haven't played in a few days because I feel a lack of involvement in the different aspects of the game as of now and I'm waiting for more development. There's only so much you can do in the game right now, and there's always not so nice surprises at times, but yes, it's early release. I'm part of the first persons to tell people that in nerd rage threads.
  11. Karl_Magnus

Look at the caravan thread, the stuff they suggested is just unfun. Threads with suggestions like that for various systems (There’s a lot of them) would make this game into ck2 jr which, even though I love ck2, is the last thing I want! Part of the reason Bannerlord has had such a large launch and good reception from new players is because it’s so accessible and casual. I’m afraid a lot of the suggestions on the threads I read in these forums would result in a game where I spend 8 hours flipping between menus for every 30 minutes of battle
    I agree there should be lines and it shouldn't be overly complex, but there is no reason to make it too simple and just slap everyone with a ''modders will take care of it''.
  12. Karl_Magnus

This is the reason why TaleWorlds shouldn’t go too in depth in any one system
    If they didn't ask 50 bucks for their game, I'd agree somewhat. Giving management options to the players isn't ''dumb mechanics''.
  13. Karl_Magnus

Did you just ignore the whole part about adding new complex features will be the goal at the next step? The reason they don’t put so many complex features on these sandboxes is because everyone wants it different, that’s what mods are for. If warband released with all of Pendors features a lot of people would be complaining about annoying game systems.
    Most people didn't necessarily ask for overkill ''complexity''. Just a functional self-sustaining economy, more options of management and better, logical interactions between the different factions parties and such things.
  14. Karl_Magnus

Yeah, I was in the thread that time and I sort of disregarded this post hoping that, eventually, TW can maybe actually consider putting some depth to the game when the basic stuff is done. For sure I'll be disappointed if in a year I need to browse hundreds of mods for what I want from the game.

Like... maybe they could justify it if it wasn't a full-priced game, but right now there is no excuse to not push it much further than Warband...

Whatever.
    Truth is they're probably dealing with a team of unexperienced developers (which would explain a lot) and don't want to risk anything and limit themselves.
Top Bottom