Recent content by Kardiophylax

1. Kardiophylax

Chronicles of Talera 3.0 Features List (Released!)

kjkman1 said:
    i tried to download via link but it said it was out dated but luckaly i could search it and download it u might want to uptade link or see whats wrong with it... great mod so! :grin:

Thanks, fixed the mod download and patch link to a valid one on the repository.
  2. Kardiophylax

Dead?

Many thanks to all of you for the appreciation.  To say the mod exceeds the officially released content in your opinion is quite a compliment!

I am going to continue my stance that it is unlikely that this mod will be finished, at least by me.  I've had an idea for an alternate world setting and story I'd like to create for several years, and that will most likely be the next project I work on.  By project, I do not currently plan on anything based on the Mount & Blade engine (I do not yet know what game's mod engine I'd design it in).  Unless a lot has changed since the glory days of vanilla M&B, I feel I basically explored most of what the engine had to offer (both positive and frustrating negative at times).  The mods I've tried recently don't appear to indicate that it has changed much.  I've also not coded a line in Mount & Blade in well over 2 years, so the re-learning curve for me to even start a project would be decent.  However, if someone feels there have been changes to the engine/mod-able code that would offer more interesting options, I'd be interested to hear it.  I've simply not seen it yet myself.

Creating and maintaining a mod of this nature is quite an undertaking when you take a step back and look at it.  I wish I had kept track of the hours spent, but I wouldn't call anyone a liar that said I committed over 500 hours during the half a year or so I worked on it since that could very well be true.  Many of those hours were very enjoyable and fun for me.  Hearing that people enjoyed or may still be enjoying it makes me feel a lot better about my use of that time.  Thank you for that and Happy Holidays to all.
  3. Kardiophylax

AAR: The Chronicles Of Talera

I was enjoying the AAR till you stopped doing it.  What gives???  Just kidding!!  I suppose I have no room to complain since I'm the grinch who never finished this mod.  Ha.

Anyway, I decided to stop in and see how things were going in the community at large and was surprised to see that a few people had been enjoying the mod even long after I had personally abandoned it.  I see that there are a lot more mods available now then there were at the time I was coding/developing it as well.  That being said, it is gratifying to know that my work has been chosen by a few of you, amongst a wide variety of not only mods but games in general, to consume a few hours of your time.  Thanks for taking the time to write up the AAR and show your appreciation.  You should know it is appreciated on this end.
  4. Kardiophylax

Hi

Lord Bryggan said:
    I would do anything that does not involve time, money or effort to see this completed :wink:

Oh me too!  Me too!

Wait, I think I'm doing exactly that right now.  Good vibes are being sent your way.  Are you receiving them?
  5. Kardiophylax

Completion

Lord Bryggan said:
    I myself love the background of Talera, and find it makes a great frame for quests, as evidenced by the ones already here.  I've planned about 6 hundred quests already, but, being more of a dreamer than a doer, only started to study how to implement them- that part doesn't seem as much fun.  I also got pages of dialogue changed for Talera I meant to finish but never did, so I might make promises, but please, please, please don't expect anything.  All talk and no walk.  Sorta sad, really; I should work on that.

600 quests, quite ambitious!  :smile: 

Yes, implementation can be difficult, especially when it comes to bending the pre-built functions to fit your needs.  Sometimes, quest ideas just don't work once you dig into python and try them.  It can get quite frustrating I'm afraid.  I had the entire quest lines for 2 of the factions (besides Feron) written up I believe.  Implementation of one quest could take multiple nights of non-stop coding though.  Playtesting and removing any bugs is a crucial step.... and the most time consuming part of the whole coding process.
  6. Kardiophylax

Work Will Resume When Warband is Released

Lord Bryggan said:
    Good to hear you're writing.  I at first thought this game was an unfinished novel transferred to this medium.
    Lord Bryggan said:
    Actually I'm really impressed with the background stories to this mod.  My guess is that someone decided to write an epic fantasy novel but got hooked on Mount & Blade halfway through.  I was yeah yeah yeah, story etc, lets get to the killing- at first.  Now I'm very immersed in the story and find myself roleplaying according to what faction I play.  Great work guys.
      While 'generic fantasy', it does have a lot of originality and cohesion and a lot of 'realness' to it, which 89% of the fantasy out there is missing (which is why, though I love the genre, avoid reading it until I'm desparate for some escapism).

Good luck with that, and your real life, and when work starts on this again I hope you at least have time for some creative input.

Thanks for the kind words.  Elenmmare gets the credit for most of the world's backstory.  When I started work on the project the world was already fairly established.  I did take some artistic liberty and expanded/changed factions a little, but I always made sure to have his blessing first.  Eventually I think he just trusted me and asked me to stop annoying him with every little detail (hehe, I kid, I kid, this wasn't exactly how it went.  :grin:)  The dialog and quest design, as well as the background stories that go along with them, were my work.  Most of it was scribbled out in between resolving issues at work (err, real-life work).  I'm glad it was able to immerse you in the world a bit.  Chronicles of Talera is now my high mark to beat in any of my future modding endeavors, no matter the game.  It will not be easy, but I think will enjoy the challenge once I hear it calling out to me. 

I'm writing some some non-fantasy fiction right now, but I also have some fantasy fiction scribbled down here and there as well. 
  7. Kardiophylax

Undead Thorein...

Flobber said:
    i got Thorian's body, but i don't know have to start the ritual. can any one help?

If I recall correctly you need to be part of the blighted plague and talk to the dread lord, but it's been about a year for me.
  8. Kardiophylax

Best wishes and good luck team.  As I said, I'll still pop in every so often to see how things are going.  I've not purchased Warband, not sure that I will, but I wish you all the best of luck with everything.  Even with nothing else ever done from this point forward (though I know you likely will continue), I think we provided a small portion of the world a few hours of entertainment, and well, in my book that makes the whole CoT development team movie stars.  Yes, I live in a strange world.  :wink:

It also motivates me to work on a new mod project at some point, in some yet to be known/released/created game.  :smile:  Currently though,I'm just working on some fiction. 
  9. Kardiophylax

Illoriaon armoury

RBFloat05 said:
    how do i get to it!!!

It's one of... well dozens and dozens of things I got burned out on before implementing.  Some of which were pretty unique ideas.  Perhaps Elenmmare and the existing team will add it at some point.  If not, well, it will forever exist in our hearts at least.  :smile:
  10. Kardiophylax

Warband and this mod

RBFloat05 said:
    This mod is badass and very unique probably my favorite. Can yall/are yall gonna port this to warband with all the warband features and etc? Thatd be so tight.

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed it. 
  11. Kardiophylax

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to say hi Silent Wolf.  Your kind words are appreciated. 
  12. Kardiophylax

Completion

Yeah, I'm alive, but retired from Mount & Blade modding.  It was a lot of fun for awhile, but it just became too time consuming at a time where I had a lot of personal stuff going on.  Family health issues, economic issues, basically, real life hit hard for awhile.

I wish I had the will to pick up the modding tools, brush up on where everything was again, and get down and dirty, but I just don't right now.  Modding day and night for free really requires a personal dedication and desire to see things through.  Ultimately, it was a combination of the personal issues, lack of time, frustration with the provided modding tools not being able to do what I wanted, and burnout that knocked me out.  I'd still love to mod something, but I can say with some confidence it likely won't be in Mount & Blade. 

I am touched that people still play the mod to this day though.  I am glad my work has at least made some sort of impression on the community here.  82,000 downloads can't be wrong.  Wow.
  13. Kardiophylax

Abom creation

Well, at least 3 people liked the mod.  I'm touched.  :smile:

14. Kardiophylax

About the Feron Personal Guard.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    Answer is that they (bodyguards and stalkers) run faster than the rest of the tribe.

Yes, that. 

I wish the game had more in-depth options for AI.  They are deadly but fragile.  Part of this is due to the way the armor system works, and part of it is due to a hard limit on health points that is way lower then I would have preferred.
  15. Kardiophylax

Good luck guys!  Maybe I'll come back to modding and this forum some day/some year.  I never say never, though life is completely upside down right now.  Anyway, best wishes and happy holidays!
Back
Top Bottom