Recent content by kappawt

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Yes there will be truce contract between 2 kingdoms and each day there will be payment for this contract. So breaking truce will not be logical for stronger kingdom because they will lose daily truce payment. Thats all I know.

Yo mexxico! How do I donate a bottle of wine? Keep up the great work.
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I know you were for keeping the truce. So don´t get me wrong. You are also like the only one communicating with us here what I really appreciate a lot! So thanks to you!

But do the other devs even play the game? They should have known too, that it is a very bad idea to remove the truce system without another system replacing it.

The truce system "worked" and it was fun to play, now it´s just random wars all over the place again :sad:

This is a good point. Maybe some of the devs had an idea of how they want us to play the game (fight, fight, fight). There is a wealth of cool npcs and beautiful towns, so many opportunities for content that can offer more than being a battle simulator.

I have to be realistic though. Ultimately, I am glad to hear from them!

Hopefully they are not at crunch time game development. I don't want this! Enjoy the development!
  3. Version Comparison 1.2 vs 1.3

Probably Bannerlord needs more of that kind of stuff. So its good we will have them.

Good news!
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Onward to bigger and better things...

One can dream! I got you tho lol!
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Are you an ad?

Just hoping for a finished product. How TaleWorlds defines that is up to them. Can I wait another two years? Yes. Will I still buy M&B3 in the future? Yes. Do I have high expectations? Yes...
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

There's been quite a lot of spam here. Use this thread to report bugs and give feedback, but don't use it to rant about the existence of said bugs or to fight each other. You can always use the more stable main branch if the beta branch frustrates you so much :smile:

Yes, I have stopped posting too much because I feel I've made my point in other topics. I love this game and hope I can get a fulfilling experience from it without mods! I can pay more money if necessary! Right now it's listed at $49.99 and I believe people would pay the standard AAA+ price of $59.99+ if we see more depth in its features... I see some looking for more RTS features such as fixed/advanced diplomacy, some arguing for better quality of life/stability/smaller things to enhance gameplay, but I personally would like to see more RPG mechanics/features as well. I personally paid $39.99 because it was EA... but would easily, easily dish out $59.99+ because this game can truly have it all... and you can't say that for any game on the market. This game is an RTSRPG... the first of its kind or at least no other game does it like M&B does!

My hope is that TaleWorlds takes CDPR's approach to video games instead of Bethesda Game Studios. One is not like the other. Here's an example: CDPR is letting people who purchase Cyberpunk 2077 a free upgraded version if you also upgrade to a next-gen supported console. They also seem to push the envelope of what to expect from a modern RPG. They also give you tons of free **** on top of your purchase of the game at $59.99. While I know game companies need to make money like Bethesda Game Studios (not a bad thing!) it seems to me that CDPR always meets or surpasses my expectations of a video game. I'm not a teenager anymore so experiencing the same features in a video game doesn't give me the rush I used to get from a similar experience when I was younger and CDPR seems to understand this. They exceed expectations. Bethesda Game Studios has been a let down lately with the release of Fallout 76 and they offer a subscription model plus battle pass, but fail to meet expectations in regards to content/stability to justify giving them more money...

FO76 a way to piss off or let down your fanbase...

Here's a leak as to what to expect from TES VI:

Looks like Bethesda is taking from TaleWorlds in that people like seeing large battles... but TES VI will not offer formations/tactics M&B offers.
  7. What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

I am holding back until these are implemented or fixed.

1. An option to ignore the main quest and create my own kingdom regardless.
    2. A proper way to propose peace/declare war via kingdom screen.

Yes. Emphasis on 2.) "A proper way to propose peace/declare war via kingdom screen".

If they need to re-work the voting system or Diplomacy UI to allow a simple, full-fledged diplomacy system, I can wait.

2. An option not to have sex with spouse, effectively ending any chance of pregnancy.

etc. Above is all I can think of right now.

When you start having a ridiculous amount of kids it really breaks the immersion. The option to have no kids in general would be nice.

I have also quit for now after roughly 250hrs. At this point disappointment during gameplay has won over joy so I just stopped playing. For me, I'm waiting for:
    1. Better kingdom structure, improved diplomacy system (war/peace/alliance).
    2. Noble system overhaul (stronger ties between clans and kingdom/culture and their fiefs). More dynamic within a kingdom's nobles.

Would be nice to have alliances with other kingdoms by forging an alliance treaty. Would be good to see more diplomacy options with other kingdoms (make offers, proposals, demands). Would be great to request a kingdom take action against another kingdom.
  8. ? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

My feedback: please take your time there is no rush! Let me know if you need more $$$ will gladly open my wallet for M&B.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Perhaps they need to slow down on releasing patches, let them take their time on developing/planning. I'm patient as long as release meets expectations... can wait another two years max.
  10. SP - General The Ultimate Suggestion Thread

Ideas I have came across which I agree with and hopefully the devs will find something to agree with:

Diplomacy

Diplomacy has different types of overtures and benefits, resulting in friends or foes.

Relationships​
    There are kingdom relationships such as a binary of war or peace. Then kingdoms can be in a tense relationship after a declaration of war and conflict, but if no fighting between the kingdoms happens for a while, it will change to neutral which is a nation relation of zero. At the beginning of the game, kingdoms will be neutral to each other. Kingdoms can benefit from trade with each other with trade treaties then promise not to attack each other with friendly treaties. Finally, kingdoms may enter alliance treaties and support each other in war against common foes. Note that diplomacy ties in with reputation and relation levels change according to responses to your enemies and friends.​
    Economic​
    A trade treaty supports the economy, but kingdoms may augment their economy with a request for aid from a friend or demand tribute from an enemy. It is also possible to support a kingdom by selling food to others, or if a kingdom doesn't have food itself, there is an option to spend money to augment food reserves.​
    Military​
    With an alliance treaty, kingdoms have the option of waging economic war by requesting trade embargo against their enemies. There are more violent options from allies such as requesting a declaration of war and even requesting military aid on an offensive or defensive front.​
  11. SP - General The Ultimate Suggestion Thread

The player, if king, can make domestic and foreign proposals (trade agreements, friendly agreements, alliance agreements, request aid, etc.) without the necessary influence points at the cost of loyalty of his/her settlements. Now the player can play as an actual king/ruler, however, complete loss of loyalty in a settlement results in a rebellion.
  12. Did TW remove the option to ask lords to find others?

I recently considered starting the quest with talk to 10 lords about the artefact thing. I had to first find Lucan and i had a hard time finding him. I thought that id i join the Northern Empire i could ask the lords where he is, as in Warband you could ask the lords in your nation, and cannot ask lords from other nations. The way i found him was because i joined an army wich went to take a city everyone was going to and found him there. Now the thing is i have to find the empress lady of the Southern Empire, and it's just really hard. The only guide i had was entering the encyclopedia and looking at her there, because it was telling me she was seen near etc 1/2/3 days ago then it resets to the last place she was seen and so on. I actually gave up and expect to just talk to her whenever i find her by accident.
    This is actually bothering if they removed the feature to ask the lords.
    Also, what is it with the "may i ask you a question"(i don't know if it is exactly like that) option and why i can't ever reply anything than "nevermind"

I think what you and I share in our gaming experience is currently in Bannerlord, communication with other lords seems unnecessary/uninspired. Like the current marriage system, which consists of three unique conversations with the NPC and a conversation with his/her father, I thought their approach to this same system in Warband was more compelling/intriguing/rewarding. Did they approach other features the same way..?
  13. SP - General The Ultimate Suggestion Thread

I think the player, once he is established with a kingdom, should be able to offer proposals to another kingdom which they are able to either accept or reject.

Once players who enjoy the approach to play as a band of mercenaries tire of accumulating wealth/renown or the role-play elements of being a mercenary, they can experience a full-fledged diplomacy system by joining a kingdom or starting his own, unlike its current system which lacks foreign policy. Each kingdom has a reputation and suffers a penalty for declaring war on a kingdom with a high reputation - making a player's people more likely to rebel and more susceptible to bribery. Diplomatic actions include making war, requesting for peace, proposing an alliance or friendship treaty, exchanging information/secrets, requesting/demanding/offering tribute/aid as a separate function, forging trade agreements (caravans only trade with kingdoms you have a trade agreement with) and forging trade embargos.

The player can now increase relationship points through diplomatic actions.

Finally, a ranking system of all the kingdoms allows each kingdom to gauge the relative military and economic strengths of their allies and enemies, making alliances against the stronger kingdoms a natural option.
  14. Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

It may not really be harvesting season until the mods are out. Just saying man, this thing lacks content.

Above: If you have only played native Warband then your expectations are going to be way lower. I played native, but not for long. 1257 AD mod became my passion, I even designed scenes in that one.

My gripe with Bannerlord is the depth of its features which seems to me where Warband excels. The argument on this forum is that Bannerlord has more features. This is not a true statement and is seriously damaging the potential the game has. To me it seems TaleWorlds isn't communicating on this properly because I am correct, which is not a good thing. It seems the game's concepts that made it original from other games being an RTSRPG are losing its depth. The game's graphical overhaul has fooled us because yes it does look so much better, but you cannot even call it a Warband with better graphics because they skimmed out on Warband's features - and man, that's a mistake for all of us.
  15. Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

I have to say I don't think Warband is a functional comparison as it is an enhanced remake, I think OG M&B is a more fair comparison.
    Bannerlord is Mount and blade 2, not 3. Warband is not mount and blade 1 or 2. Warband is the accumulation of years of refinement and player feedback and modding taken in and produced into a enhanced re-make or re-release.
    M&B's content is pretty close to the bare bones initial EA release of BL if we ignore the unfinished stuff. You can join a faction and help them win the world.
    You could do that since day 1 of EA and that's M&B in a nutshell.

I have probably 100 things I want changed and then another 100 I would love added.
    If a few of these happen I'll be pretty happy. A big one just happened with the sandbox kingdom addition.
    Now my main wants are better Surgery and trainer type skills and improvements to the skill/perk system in general and better more effective armor.
    After that it's baby stuff and other long term game events such as new lord generation and faction rebellions and other stuff for the loooooong game.

It's easy to complain that a game didn't do everything you wanted, but that's almost all games always.
    Everyday for years I wished somebody would make another game like Mount and blade, but they just don't.
    If somebody out there can make the perfect M and Blade like game, please do it.

I think it is healthy for the game what people are doing on these forums. We expected a better M&B: Warband not a better M&B. I paid $10 for M&B. I paid $40 for M&B2: Bannerlord. Hell, I'd pay $60+ hoping they'd beef their game up, and I am not talking a larger map.

There have been some very good suggestions. You have listed things you'd like to see and so have I. Here's to hoping TaleWorlds sorts through all of the suggestions in order to make Bannerlord a great, fulfilling experience.
Back
Top Bottom