Recent content by kallek

1. Need More Info Crash on loading save after todays update.

done:
    Reinstall windows
    Clean install bannerlords

After doing some comparisons it seems that the error is somehow related to TaleWorlds.LinQuick.dll. Working saves don't reference it. Failing saves do.
  2. Need More Info Crash on loading save after todays update.

New upload : 2021-02-22_11.31.21_21816a919a429fe105180cde0d575edd
  3. Need More Info Crash on loading save after todays update.

It does seem that some saves go Corrupt now. Will look into what is causing it.
  4. Need More Info Crash on loading save after todays update.

yup. no joy- Started new campaign. Everything hunky dory. Still cannot load old saves.
  5. Need More Info Crash on loading save after todays update.

Summary: After the hotfix today it broke my saves. All the saves but one in the campaign crashes on load. How to Reproduce:Load game Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video):Saves : (22 loads the others crash) https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am3QVQHjXKVHg50d6yhNRCDRaEJP5g?e=C2bVie Computer...
  6. Resolved Solved: Crashing both on map and in battles.- Possible clue to d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture

After a lot of trial an error I found thats one of my RAM sticks was unstable at advertised speed. Downclocked ram 200Mhz and everything is stable.
  7. Resolved Solved: Crashing both on map and in battles.- Possible clue to d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture

I have "d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action." This started happening after I Upgraded my CPU, but kept the same GPU. Have tried disabling mods, verifying game...
  8. Elusive priest Bug

They all gave me the same answer, no matter if I had asked them before or not. Fixd it by applying 1.143 patch,
  9. Elusive priest Bug

When trying to find the elusive priest, all townspeople just tell me that "You have already asked me about the priest" . Any solution, or should I restart the game?
  10. Bug reports! Please look at the first page before reporting them!

Thanks for a great mod. Been hooked all over again, but I am encountering a small problem.
    One of the horses give me incredible lag in the battlemap, even with small battles. I think it is one that is called just "horse" and it shows as slightly brighter than the others in the  inventory view. Not entirely sure that's the one though. Anyone  seen anything similar?
  11. M&B and Multiplayer Discussion

Eluem said:
    I honestly don't know how the combat is coded but depending on the way it is done could change how you could use it on the internet. You don't need to use so many variables for the combat system... depending on how you do it you can make it so it's either more CPU intensive by using more collision boxes and a couple of other variables and then just sending a couple of single point locations with some other basic data for attacks and such. Also I was never suggesting to make the game be the the whole huge scale battles. Maybe it could just be a couple of players in an arena like people have suggested OR you could do two armies against each other but you may have to scale them down. I know that the internet has many limitations currently for a lot of reasons (especially the messy lay out). Also the idea of sending velocities and such is fine, that's what I would have planned to do too. Then every couple of frames you could also send everything's location to be sure that there are no issues (when sending velocities, depending on how the game is coded, the FPS of each individual computer may actually effect the out come slightly which would eventually cause issues). This could be done, I'm sure of it. Not saying that I could code it for I've never coded much on the side of networking except for one small test project I did a long time ago with my friend. It would take a lot of research to figure it all out for me.

OK, I read you. You have some valid points. What made me think combat is made the way I described it is that an attack always has the same trajectory and using animation scopes would require less data transfer (as the same information is stored on all clients) than using colliders. Since an attempt at doing MP would have to mem-patch the .exe, this would be the easiest part.
    I agree with you in that doing this in an extremely small scale would make sense, at least until one had some sort of proof of concept. Is it possible to turn on some kind of debug output in M&b. Showing the positions of objects? Where the collisions appear? This would make it easier to watch for changes in values in memory. This would make it possible, but still insanely time-consuming, to spot variable candidates using visual studio and it's brilliant debugger.

If this succeeds I would then continue with dumping the data stream to a file just to get some idea of the amounts of data we are dealing with here.

As previously stated, I believe that the numbers will be to huge to make i feasible. One might, as you say be able to make some kind of "duel" proof of concept code, but this would also involve reverse engineering M&b (memory patch), something which might not be viewed upon too kindly. However if you think you can make it work, I am not here to stop you. I do not have the time to contribute with any code, but I might be able to contribute with ideas and pointers if you get stuck.

Good luck  :cool:
  12. M&B and Multiplayer Discussion

Even if the sourcecode was released that wouldn't solve the problem. Unless M&B uses some kind of dynamic memory relocation scheme a memory patch would be able to manipulate\read the objects in the game. It would not be easy, but it could be done. 

The problem is that the way combat works in m&b makes it incredibly timing sensitive. In any FPS, you just make sure that the one you're trying to kill is roughly in the middle of the screen, and click the mouse. Even at quite high pings he will not have moved far before the information that you sent a bullet in direction x from from point y reaches him or the server.

In M&B it is quite a different story. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the game, but i will take a guess that an attack is recorded in a "animation x was initiated from coords y with weapon z, the character initiating the attack was heading in direction i with j speed, now check if any other dynamic (non terrain) objects are within the scope of the animation, if so: Deal damage, else ignore".

As you can see this is whole lot of information too keep track of, remember this has to be done for every character on the battlefield, with possibly an exception for horses.

To make this easier to transport as the internet is crammed with torrents, we must pack light, I would use an initial position in three dimensions. I don't know how many coordinates that are possible in a M&B battlefield, but i can imagine that this would make for three rather large integers. To avoid having to report my position every millisecond to avoid stuttering, I'd only send my velocity changes. I would also have to report actions like mounting/dismounting and attacking/blocking.

So far so well, now for the bad part: to make sure that you got all my velocity updates this would need to be a tcp connection. tcp connections are slow. One could always write your own network stack, I've done it, but i wouldn't recommend it. One could possibly use some existing framework like Directplay, but I am not sure if you can dictate what transport protocol to use.

What I am trying to say is that I think the whole debate has wrong focus. The problem is not getting you hands on the sourcecode, but the technical limitations in the internet and it's protocols. In addition to insane amount of information that must be sent to make this internet playable. You must remember that all characters, the NPC ones too, must have instantaneous status updates on the battlefield. But nothing would make me happier that if someone proved me wrong.
  13. Historical Innacuracies / Bug reports

Got an RGL Error: Missing mesh when trying to enter the looting screen after a massacre on some english infanty. Latest version, all patches. Any more info you need let me know.
  14. Version 0.901 Bug List

Dunno if you still need confirmation on the invisible troop bug. But I got it in the patched version. Recruiting from a cillage that belonged to me. Recruited them while speaking to the village elder.
  15. Empire:WOC (v1.6x),(.894)-(.960) [Dead]

Is the issue with all my inventory disappearing over night fixed? Brilliant mod BTW.
Back
Top Bottom