Recent content by kaleb1122

1. Anyone else having problem with companions skills going to high?

but uh, if you actually want to lower it, for some reason, you're gunna have to get the character import and export mod. otherwise you're SoL
  2. Anyone else having problem with companions skills going to high?

holy hell, its hard enough to get your own skills that high. how in the world did you manage to do this accidentally?
  3. What the F happened with this patch?!

honestly, i just booted up the game after the big caravan nerf and its honestly disgusting what happened. all of my caravans almost immediately died because of it, and theres no real way to protect your caravans other than following one of them around... which is close to impossible to do when you're fighting a war literally all the time. not to mention that when the caravan dies, you gotta put out ANOTHER sack of coin just to get it started up again? ridiculous. they made the caravans absolutely worthless in their current state.
  4. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

I read your post carefully. If anything it is you who misunderstood my reply. The number of mods out now are incompareble to the no of mods that will come out once the game is finished. The number of mods is so small now, that me saying that nobody is curently making mods is only incorrect if you take it literally. In truth, most mods that get released now would either become obsolete, or would need tweaking every few days because of new patches.

So as I said, modders really don't want to bother with the small things that devs are fixing from patch to patch. The few things that probably won't get fixed and will stay in the game as intended, but players do not like, have already been modded - For example the mandatory civilian outfit in cities.
    But we know that it's not a bug and that it most likely will not change in the future, thus modding that part will require little to no tweaking with the upcomng patches.

Nobody wants to do extra work that will become obsolete withing the first week of it being released.
    yeah, i re-read it a couple times after commenting and realized the misunderstanding. apologies. yeah, thats kinda the general message that im getting from this thread. thanks though.
  5. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

When tweaks can make the game more fun people will do it. I remember in the early days of warband it was common to manually tweak .ini files to fix various stats in the game. After a while these tweaks became usually added to the total overhaul mods. Right now all we have access to is the same tweaking of parameters (Since mod tools are not released) so people will be altering the game to how they like it. Hopefully the devs will manage to fix things enough that tweaks like these won't be necessary, but when mod tools are released I am sure that total overhaul mods will alter certain mechanics of the game to fit their vision.

For now tweaks are all we got. It helps some people to enjoy the game more, and it trains potential new modders for the new generation that we will hopefully see with bannerlord.
    thanks my guy, mighty insightful. personally, im having fun with the game as is. i did add a dismemberment mod for ****s and giggles, but thats all i've really done to my game. sure, the game isnt perfect. smithing takes too long to level up and get new freaking parts for it to be anything short of a tedious grind, being a merc faction is dull, and trading is way too powerful. but rather than taking it upon myself to change various numbers (sounds condescending to modders, but i cant think of a better way to put it as im not a modder myself) and experimenting for HOURS to really get a good balance going, im just gunna let the team over at taleworlds figure things out. if, in the end, they say that the aserai is the weakest faction, who am i to judge? there could be various lore reasons why they're not battle hardy or economically strong. when i get a mod for games, i look for additions rather than changes, unless a specific system is specifically boring or just not functional in its current state. i like to play the game that the developers created, plus a few extra bonuses. if that makes sense.
  6. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

You can choose if you want to wait for the devs to fix the stuff or work around with the mods, so why do you care at all?

That you talk about "creativity" at this technical state of the game shows that you have no ****ing clue about modding as well.

The very least one can expect from someone who shows really interest in modding is to find the ****ing mod page on the Taleworldsforum

Before you talking bull**** next time, making demands or trying to judge about things you know crap about,
    maybe at least use the ****ing search function.

I voted point 5
    [x] Bugger Off
    Must be a display error, its not showing
    i absolutely love how i specifically asked for a discussion, and all im getting for the past couple hours are offended keyboard warriors throwing insults and hatred towards me. keep it coming guys, you make yourselves look real good getting mad at a stranger for an opinion on a game forum.
  7. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

This is the most idiotic post I've ever read. Learn what modding actually is, then get back to us. Actually make an ambitious mod that adds a faction, or a whole suite of new armors at some point in your worthless life. The developer has not released any tools, or access to any source code, or access to any flat files that can be modified by text editor. All the resources are encoded binary. It's amazing the modders have been able to do what they have, it's not worth the effort to most of us modders until the developers release some toos, guidance, formats, templates etc. The folks who created the great mods for Warband like Prophesy of Pendor devoted likely a thousand hours of their time to bring joy to the community. When you have done something similar maybe you can lecture us on how WE lack creativity.
    really? because i can think of quite a few posts on other forums that are pretty ridiculous, and im sure that if i look around i can find a couple "hurr durr games bad refunded" posts on here. am i the first post you've ever read? im honored. also, i created this post to express an opinion and get a discussion going so i can learn more about modders and whats going on, not for insults to be flung around. easily could have said what you needed to without calling my life "worthless" (thanks for that btw, glad to know that a stranger knows all about my life, apparently. i'll have to start being more private about things apparently.) also, i have never played warband. bannerlord is my first introduction into the series and i had and honestly still have no idea how big the modding community is for that game, nor do i really care. i also posted under the assumption that the developers already had some kind of guidelines and tools created for modders already based on different things i've heard which are apparently not factual. the rest of the information is most appreciated though. thanks.
    And this tells me you have no idea how mods are made and like to make sweeping judgments on things you know nothing about. Modders do not have access to the parts of the game they need to even add new models, tweaking numbers is basically all that's currently possible.
    as for you, you're totally right. i do have no idea what mods even are other than its code that got added or tweaked to change the game in some way. but as for the sweeping judgements... i mean if you went to the store and got through over half the store only to find nothing but tools and building supplies, its pretty safe to say its a hardware store, right? same method here.

as for anyone thats offended by this post, like clearly the first person im replying to was, please understand that i misspoke in my op. i wasnt trying to say that you're all talent-less hacks. i simply wasnt aware of the true situation the modding community was facing and what i meant to originally say was that TODAY, as it stands, the modding communities' creativity seems lacking. if you're still offended, i cant stop you from feeling that way. but understand that this isnt an attack on modders in any way. just a simple, uneducated observation that clearly needed to be, and has been, corrected. have a great day.
  8. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

The reason why nobody is making mods right now is because the game isn't finished yet.

Want to improve smithing? We don't know what the devs will insert into smithing.
    Want to fix the camera angle? The devs migh do it next patch.
    Bugfixes? Maybe the devs fix a bug that you fixed via mod and those 2 start to clash and cause the game to crash.

The simple reason that you see no mods is because it's too early. Skyrim has been out for almost 10 years. Many major mods did come out withing the first year, but almost none were out the first month.

So when can you start to expect mods? Simple. After early access. Meaning next year.
    i would advise that you re-read the post and look into the modding community. mods exist. 200+ right now. but 90% of them are bug fixes and general re balancing. i never questioned the existence of mods. i questioned the state of the modding community as a whole.
  9. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

Sorry but your polls retarded -should offer Developers or Modders not Yes/No as that could mean either
    ah, didnt notice that. i'll fix it real quick.
  10. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

if you have a player kingdom then its essential to have mods.
    explain why?
  11. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

well who knows when and what features will be in bannerlord? devs are yet to release a roadmap so modders are just going off, otherwise the game would be unplayable for much of the fanbase if we had to wait for every patch. the mod scene has fixed most of my problems with the game and many of the issues which are yet to be addressed by TW.
    see, other than my run being ****ed over by a personally game breaking bug, (see "10 years pass..." on that whole spiel) i have yet to experience any major hitches, or at least none of them became clear to me. and they've released 11 patches in like, 2 or 3 weeks and they show no sign of slowing down. i just dont understand the point in installing 10 mods that fix something when at this rate, they'll likely be patched up in a week. making any effort by the modders defunct, as well as the issue i stated in the op of constantly checking patchnotes thoroughly just to make sure that your mod didnt become irrelevant. seems like more of a hassle than its worth imo.
  12. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

can you give examples of these overhauls? i would love to see whats in the works.
  13. 10 years pass...

thats very noble of you. im not mad at the game or devs specifically, dont get that twisted. im just basically having a moment of "my brother deleted my gta save" rn. i know i gotta start over, but am i wrong in being aggravated by this? is the way im feeling invalid just because "early access, **** happens"? i dont think so. im willing to bet there are many players that would agree with me on my anger and my hesitation to start a new campaign just for that run to probably end in anger yet again.
  14. POLL: What i've seen from the modding community.

after looking through like, 10 pages of mods on nexus, all i see are basic tweaking mods and fixes that will undoubtedly be added into the game. this disappoints me because its telling me that the creativity of the modding community for this game is rather lacking, and instead of creating new...
  15. 10 years pass...

I 100% agree with you. thats what im having the most fun with. creating this sort of story with my clan. for my story to be stopped by something as ridiculous as a secret time limit that is in no way conveyed to you (nor are the rewards) AND to find out that i shouldnt have even been stopped in the first place just absolutely infuriates me and makes me not want to play the game at all. i probably still will, but im almost hesitant to touch the game lest another 40+ hour run gets cut short by yet another game ending bug.
Back
Top Bottom