Recent content by Kakuna Rattata

1. Kakuna Rattata

SP - General Check all the values of the armors, especially the shields, they don't make sense.

I second this. I was about to post about it myself. I'm sure the bracers thing is wanting to maintain the Battanian aesthetic and still have their armor values be competitive, but it's immersion breaking when I have leather bracers with *no gloves* giving more armor than plated gauntlets. I noticed the issue is also quite pronounced on helmets in particular. Cloth and leather helmets can have more armor than mail coifs, which doesn't seem right.
  2. Kakuna Rattata

SP - General Ability to Disallow/Implement Policy for "No Raiding"

This is a great idea. Tactically, I feel like it would also make your kingdom a powerhouse without all your little punk lords grinding themselves into red paste on their failed raids, or even wasting their time on successful ones when they could be banding together to take another fief.
  3. Kakuna Rattata

SP - General Remote Commanding

I second this and doubly so on the caravans. The cost of delegating one of your companions with the absolute knowledge that it is inevitable the 15k caravan will get sunk turned me completely off. It would also be great if you could do the same with your clan parties, as I see them getting wiped pretty often (usually because they decide to raid deep in enemy territory).
  4. Kakuna Rattata

SP - General [SUGGESTION] Allow us to choose a subset of troops to send forth when autoresolving

This is not only a good recommendation in its own right, but it would make leveling medicine actually feasible and relatively painless if taleworlds isn't planning on changing how stupid it is to level.
  5. Kakuna Rattata

SP - General 400+ hours and you are not making it easier to play Bannerlord

I agree with everything in this thread. I have seen 3 or 4 updates to the game with the skill tree still broken as hell. There is still the placeholder Charm perk. The "use any bow / crossbow" perks literally don't work along with a bunch of other perks. Throwing axes still deal "invalid" damage. There are so many glaring bugs and unfinished things it leaves a sour taste to see all the "balancing" being done.
  6. Kakuna Rattata

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The current character progression system is bad and here is why.

Also cranking the size slider up on those is a great way to inflate price and difficulty without spending more stamina or resources. Even if you wouldn't want to use it yourself, at least scaling up the grip and blade on 2h swords makes them worth so much more xp and money.
  7. Kakuna Rattata

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The current character progression system is bad and here is why.

I'm on my 20th game year and I don't think it is possible to athletics or riding to 100, and smithing is 100% a chore I have to spend a real life week making coal to be able to make the mst basic sword its ridiculous. and there needs to be a non join a faction way to up leadership
    I'm on Day 60 of my second playthough, and my riding is at 107 *and* my athletics is 46. I have 3 and 1 focus points in it respectively. A great way to level athletics is bandit camps and tournaments. Make sure to use footwork to give yourself speed bonuses to your attacks. Using a bow or thrown weapons levels you up pretty fast with either athletics or riding. I spent most of this time riding from town to town for tournaments and fighting every looter mob on the way.

If you're staying put recovering smithing stamina, you're not getting overland travel xp for riding / athletics. I recommend getting a companion to level up smithing with you up to 25 so they can be your charcoal monkey. Then you can focus on forging the most expensive things you can to get levels fast. Javelins and 2h swords are best imo. I usually get at least 1 point every time, but usually more.
  8. Kakuna Rattata

Resolved Non-solid stairway in Marunath

Version: e1.3.1.228624 Installed community-made modifications: N/A Computer Specs: OS: Windows 10 Home x64 bit Version 1909 Build 18363.778 GPU: Radeon R9 280x CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) x4 860K Quad Core 3.70 GHz RAM: 32 GB Storage Device (HDD/SSD): The game is installed on a HDD in my steam...
  9. Kakuna Rattata

Just had a thought that maybe now that there are hit locations if death chance is based on that at all. I have to wonder if headshots are just inherently more deadly than leg shots, even with the same damage.
  10. Kakuna Rattata

You're probably right about the headshot thing. I didn't even think about the elevation, but a good portion of hits would be headshots, and most helmets suck in Bannerlord, even on elite troops.
  11. Kakuna Rattata

I believe you, but I'm not sure what the point of hiding such a helpful mechanic vs showing a meager 1% chance would be. I too have mostly tier 5-6 and whenever I siege I end up losing more than 50% of my casualties with aforementioned 87 skill surgeon. Said sieges are dominated by the militia and recruit level garrison troops, so you absolutely know they're not dealing much damage per hit.
  12. Kakuna Rattata

I have quite a few battles where I got around 30 wounded and 0 dead.

If you look at the % "casualty survival chance" given in your medicine stat for saving a troop, what does it say? I hired a surgeon who has 87 in medicine and the bonus provided says +0.9 %. Forgive me, but I think there are other confounding factors contributing to your "30 wounded."

1. Does the enemy have mostly blunt weapons? Maces and the like have 0 chance to kill, only wound. The Aserai in particular are fond of arming their troops with maces.

2. Companions can only be wounded (unless you turn on character death).

3. There is a base chance, too. In Warband it was 25%. According to the game itself, the medicine skill is only helping around 1% of the time. Meaning, if 100 of your troops were to otherwise fail their chance at being wounded, your surgeon will only save one of them.

Being early access, it's possible that medicine is giving more chance than it says it does, but I doubt it would be that significant.
  13. Kakuna Rattata

I think the idea of a hard cap on skills is really bad, make it a crawl by all means stick the rate to something low like .25 or less but flat out stopping any progress due to finite resource of focus and attribute points is annoying.

Yeah I think this is probably a good route. Or even do something like you gain 1 SP (the thing that levels you up) passively per day. So you'd be getting about a level per year where otherwise your leveling is totally stunted.
  14. Kakuna Rattata

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops New Minor Faction Troop Changes

Did Beni Zilal get swapped from horse archers to melee cavalry? Am I crazy?
  15. Kakuna Rattata

MP Team Deathmatch

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I just want to play TDM with no King of the Hill style capture points. I'm sick of objective only game modes. I liked playing TDM in Warband. I also don't care one way or another if there is friendly fire, only that it has consequences for excessive cases.

I want to actually use different parts of the map than the 3 spots you have to fight over. I want to respawn more than 2 or 3 times. Such short breakdowns turn troop type composition into a game of rock paper scissors, trying to counter the enemy with your limited spawns and incredibly brief 5 minute rounds. I don't want to think about that. Sometimes I just want to play what I want.
Back
Top Bottom