Recent content by Julio-Claudian

1. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

TW please do something about armies almost always ignoring besieged settlements, almost never defending them. It never used to be this way.
  2. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

We need at least some communication and information from the developers to know what they're up to. They're a company with around 100 employees, right? So how come it takes them so darn long to get things done?
    I doubt they still have anywhere near 100 people working on the game, that would be extraordinary considering that no content has been added for nearly a year.
  3. Julio-Claudian

Make Bannerlord better - remove half of the features

Most of the major features that were added since release eventually came around to making the core gameplay loop even worse. The most popular example, according to how often it comes up, would be the OOB. Everyone was super-excited for it, then realized they'd had a year to get used to the original way and the easy UI just served to create a bunch of new issues.

It also didn't do anything to the core loop except make it slightly more grindy.
    Because features are always implemented in a way that is almost good but ultimately frustrating and then feedback is mostly ignored. If they returned the ability to assign units to formations in the OOB system and remove the randomness there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about it.
  4. Julio-Claudian

Make Bannerlord better - remove half of the features

Half of the features have already been removed lol
  5. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Siege engines can launch projectiles after they have been destroyed and hit engines that have been moved to reserve. It's like once the process of targeting and launching has begun nothing can stop it, even the destruction of the engine doing the launching.
  6. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

20240309130832-1.jpg

Why do reinforcements spawn into random groups like this? Causes complete chaos and makes the whole Order of Battle setup pointless as all your groups just get messed up when reinforcements spawn.

Also have hundreds of archers in my army but after three rounds of reinforcements spawning I haven't been able to use any of them as only about 20 have spawned throughout the battle.

Is it possible that TW could take this into consideration? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/order-of-battle-entreaty.462268/
  7. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Are the flags on spears going to be that generic brown colour forever?
  8. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

I do, ive seen the code. Offense mean 1.2 * base chance of doing something offensive. Defense means 0.8 * base chance of something offense. It does do something, but it isnt much
    Explains why they have barely any effect on anything
  9. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Defend they never or rarely do anymore I agree, the AI is hellbent on conquest at all cost it seems.
    Epicroeta under siege by an army of 1200 Battanians.
    Battania have the nearby castle Macalova or how its spelled.
    NE have 1 army with 300, another with 1000 and final with roughly 500(bit under).
    So do they defend Epicroeta or liberate/conquer the castle.
    Now if you guessed conquer the castle you are correct.(no prize though).
    Meanwhile they lost Epicroeta, and then peace was struck..
    Yeah this is pretty much how it goes every time. I've seen an AI army defend a besieged settlement once on the past couple of patches. A settlement was under siege, nearby a friendly army of a similar size to the besiegers was 'patrolling', I formed an army larger than both and waited close to the besieging army, only then did the friendly army come to the defence of the town. If that friendly army had attacked without my help and combined with the garrison it could have easily defeated the besiegers.

So it does seem like they are just far too timid about engaging in battle. Like they need a massive advantage to do so.

I hope this can be improved in the next patch. Just makes things so easy for the player.
  10. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

maybe all the kings go offensive stance by defualt?
    You mean defensive? Idk if the AI uses the war stances.

Army Ai used to be good but has declined to the point where it's just super easy to take whatever town or castle you want because no armies will show up to defend it.
  11. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Yeah, never had it worse than these last a few patches. Armies only consider their own strength versus besieging army, I assume, hence it's quite common to see three 500 men armies walk by a besieged settlement by one 600 men army. I can't understand how they manage to keep getting this worse by every patch.
    Exactly. I never see armies defend besieged settlements anymore and barely see armies team up to besiege towns. I can pretty much besiege with impunity because no AI armies will try to stop me, barely have battles against armies.

Army AI used to be good, what happened?
  12. Julio-Claudian

What happens when a clan from a destroyed kingdom manages to take a fief?

I imagine they would just become an independent clan with a town, then get deleted and crash the game lol.

There's no code for re-emerging kingdoms is there?
  13. Julio-Claudian

Order of Battle Entreaty

Please please please make it so that you can assign units to specific groups in the deployment phase in the same way that you can assign companions. They could be displayed in the same way with arrows or a drop down to cycle between units and heroes. If a particular unit could be assigned to...
  14. Julio-Claudian

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Does anyone else find that non-clan leader parties and parties in your clan barely recruit troops?

Also does army behaviour seem worse than previous version to anyone else. Armies seem to never defend besieged settlements anymore
  15. Julio-Claudian

Please bring naval content to Bannerlord!

It would be awesome as a DLC. But seeing how slow the development of a patch is, it's difficult to imagine seeing a DLC before years if that.
    Yeah I really don't see this happening lol.
    It would be great though.
Back
Top Bottom