Recent content by JohnT

1. [UI] Can I add a new button next to 'Kick from clan'?

Yes, there may be more <snip>

What you want to do is copy ClanMembers.xml (Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\GUI\Prefabs\Clan) to the mods GUI/prefabs folder so the clan members UI is overridden by the mod. Then simply copy the widget with the kick button and change it to your liking. You can add your own hint if you want to but I simply removed it and changed the TextWidget for the button to say Custom Button instead, you can set a string in code and then reference it with @variablename if you prefer it that way. When pressed the button will call the function in Command.Click="FunctionName"

I started working through your post; haven't followed the C# part in your advice yet however I have been able to follow the most simple bit at the top so far and thus successfully added a button (with CompanionText as placeholder for now) which is a great first step for me!

8wOnoP9.png

Thanks again!
  2. OSP Kit [Release] Mod Template for Visual Studio (Automatically configs, adds references and more!)

Decided to try and create a project template for Visual Studio to make it<snip>
    Thank you for this - I am using it and initially it helped me when I had no idea how to manually create all this.
    Now that I know how to do it myself manually, I still use it because it does the job of getting you started quickly very well.
  3. Why is Hello World-ish mod example not being detected by launcher

Nope, the video is accurate. If you follow that video you should be able to open the launcher and see the mod with correct name. Make sure the Id matches the folder name. You should not be able to start the game with the mod enabled if you only followed that video.
    Ah yes, further testing shows, copy & pasting *now* works - I'm now more confused than when I started this topic;
    I copy & pasted 20 minutes ago, it didn't work.
    I copy & pasted now, it did work.
    Not sure what's going on but I will move on to the next step. Thank you for your input by the way.
  4. Why is Hello World-ish mod example not being detected by launcher

Ah never mind, figured it out.
    Looks like at the time of video, without having a proper .dll file, it just worked in launcher but today in v.1.5.0 if you do not have a proper matching .dll it is being ignored.
    By copying & renaming another mod's .dll (just for testing) I was able to make "my mod" appear in the launcher.
  5. Why is Hello World-ish mod example not being detected by launcher

Hi, After some research & reading last night, just attempted to create the most basic ("Hello, world!") style mod placeholder but even that didn't work for me. Here is the YouTube video I tried to follow: One of the comments is asking whether 1.5.0 is the problem as he too, just like me, have...
  6. [UI] Can I add a new button next to 'Kick from clan'?

Yes, there may be more efficient ...<snip>
    Thank you - I will try this as soon as I can, hopefully tonight.
  7. [UI] Can I add a new button next to 'Kick from clan'?

Hello all, Recently got Bannerlord and have about 120 hours logged in already. Just had a small modding idea and started checking documentation and the few YouTube guides I could find. My question is: Is it possible to add a new button next to 'Kick from clan'? I have been reading the modding...
  8. The 1257 AD Index

Krem said:
    * {Section 1} MOD SUMMARY (project vision, history & credits)
    (click to show/hide)
    So many good people contributed to this mod.

Gee, this was helpful. Not to be too snarky, but after checking the stickies, I still have no* idea about what this mod does.

*well, aside from what I could gather from the FAQ. There's, apparently, crusades. And you have a manor. That's about it.
    You are right in your criticism that 'summary' is lacking from that section. As the number suggests, it is the very first entry back from 2011, evidently it never got properly updated to provide a summary...

Normally I should just add the summary however I haven't played 1257 AD for sometime now and I do not see myself in a position to provide an accurate summary of the mod therefore I will leave the section as CREDITS and I have renamed the section accordingly. Thanks for the feedback.

------------------------------------------
    1st post updated as follows:

08/06/15 - updated "Section 1" was wrongly called "mod summary, project vision, credits" but the content was only list  to credits. It is now properly called credits.
    ------------------------------------------
  9. there's some correcting patch?

Arszi said:
    Until Dr. Thomas does not release the module system, no one is able to make patches. He has more, than 5 years work in this mod, so if he does not want to release the module system, we should understand him accept it.
    I understand the feeling this mod is like DrThomas' baby. Keeping in mind that the same baby was 0thr's baby at first and when 0thr became disinterested/unavailable to continue working on it, rather than let the baby die, he allowed his baby to be adopted by someone else. (keeping it as is with bugs is letting it die in my opinion. also in a competitive modding environment, eventually something will surpass this great mod and slowly it will lose traction and become irrelevant. we have seen this happen with other open source/modding projects, sadly).

Like hundreds of other 1257 AD fans, I would love to see DrThomas let the work on this great mod continue. It doesn't meen he has to "give away the source code". He can perhaps pass the flag to another individual who is able and willing to continue working on this.

If he decides to say no, well, what can we do I guess.
  10. Conquering large cities?

Sigma-Rho said:
        I'm a long time player of 1257 and the main reason I'm not playing it now is the disbanding of hosts because the Marshall couldn't find targets (A.I. wouldn't ever acquire any new cities). Everything was fine when Thomas was maintaining things, no offense to the guy who took over for him.

Sigma-Rho,

As far as I know, from maintainance perspective this mod is now abandoned (DrThomas stopped working on this mod and there is no substitute maintainer if I understand correctly).
    Do you have conflicting information? Who took over the maintenance/bugfixing duties?

Thanks
  11. The 1257 AD Index

klarum said:
    Not sure how you make money from trade when merchants only have ~500 gold pieces. You cant sell anything to them...

The mod looks great but the economy is terrible. If you invest in a city venture you get around 150 gold a week, in contrast one mid tier soldier charges you 40 gold a week. Makes no sense...
    klarum,
    magitsu answered well below. I would like to add:

It is possible to make money (and good money) from trade. I remember I got up to 1 million before I started my own kingdom (this is starting with brand new, level 1 character with the donkey and stick it starts with), mostly from trade and some from tournaments. I spent tens of hours though. At the time I knew less, so if I wanted to become a millionaire again, I would do the following:

1. Try and join as many as tournaments possible and win each - this is easiest money in the game in terms of time investment vs returns.
    The only problem is tournaments are a limited opportunitey, you cannot have continously so try and get as much as you can.
    To win: get the fastest horse in the world [speed=52] & as many as possible lances as you can carry, then crouched lance 'em all.

2. If I were trying to become a millionaire, war would be my hobby (not occupation) however due to the 'friendly nature' of the 1257 AD world, you still need about 50 troops for your protection.
    It is suboptimal to lose money on these troops therefore become & stay as a 'contractor' to one of the lords. You basically take the money from your liege and pay your troops and if I remember correctly also make a tiny amount of profit on top [i.e. if your troop wages are 800, he pays you 900 or something like that].

3. During war time raiding enemy villages is also very profitable, the catch is, not getting caught doing it as it would be a financial loss.
    Wait  for enemy to group and engage/chase your faction's army, when they are busy, attack on the far corner village. In most cases I robbed 2-3 villages of its valuables without getting caught and this is good money as you can stack up the items in the party inventory, thus free up your personal inventory and then take everything village has to offer [your inventory skill needs to be a few points upgraded otherwise you cannot take all].
  12. Full list of Nobles ?

There is a software utility for Microsoft Windows called Morgh’s M&B WB/WFAS Editor.
    With it you can open the data file troops.txt and thus have access to not only the names of all nobles but also all their details (stats & stuff).

You can get it here: http://mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/
  13. Horses are too overwhelmed in R221

dellealpi said:
    Ivan the Awesome said:
    Someone mentioned a few posts ago about getting charged by horses, and I completely agree, getting hit by a charging horse should severely impact your health, just like running face on into a spear or having a leg hamstringed should severely impact the horse. I would decrease horse HP, but increase charge damage.
    Yes thats pretty much what i mean. Charged by a horse, a solder will get severe visceral injury
    Most men will start running away before the impact anyway. This is not adding much to the thread but just wanted to say it. I for one (honestly) would definitely start running :grin:
  14. Denmark soldiers and towns

Chylexx said:
    Hi i just installed ad 1257 and as i'm a dane i saw the danish troops and towns was written in the language they talk on Iceland. I found it confusing as i didn't understand a word of that strange language :wink: I hope you can get it fixed!
    So you are from the correct country but just the wrong time period mate :smile:
Back
Top Bottom