Recent content by JohnStalvorn5

1. Need More Info Inconsistent Secondary Color

Summary: The secondary color of units is sometimes hyper saturated, and other times very desaturated. Didn't notice this on earlier versions. What's going on here? How to Reproduce: Load into a battle in singleplayer, observe units with similar. Have you used cheats and if so which: No Scene...
  2. Randomized Uniform Color Saturation?

The various faction colours are held in spkingdoms.xml. The last six digits of these colours are RGB hex.
    Hi!
    Hmm, right I'm talking about the random saturation changes to the secondary color between troops. Take a look at these two Vlandians:
    WdsBIDL.png

The yellow trim (FFECBA44) is bright yellow on one soldier and practically white on the other.

It seems to me like the game has some variation feature that takes the secondary color on soldiers and changes the intensity of the saturation up and down. I'm trying to disable this feature, I just don't know where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Randomized Uniform Color Saturation?

Hi everyone! I recently noticed that the uniform secondary color is randomized. This wasn't in the earlier versions. Does anyone know in what module/file this feature lives? Or what it is even called? I'd like to disable it. Thanks!
  4. Randomized Uniform Color Saturation?

Having different saturation would be a very nice feature also for the main color. I hope it's a feature, not a bug. If you like uniformity you should not play a game situated in the medieval ages. :wink:

Actually the game should give totally different colors to the clothing cause there were no uniforms in use. However I play with HUD disabled for immersion and so I'm thankful for at least similar colors on faction troops, to see who is friend and foe. But total uniformity would be terrible.
    I'm asking for help how to change it on my local copy. Not out here to convince taleworlds of anything even if I don't like it
  5. Randomized Uniform Color Saturation?

Why does it bug you?
    It seems more realistic and better to have various saturation, as long as they are kept within a certain threshold.
    I like uniformity. I like wargamming where armies have neat colors and organization. I made a mod centered around this, but the random saturation kinda ruins this for me. Ever since I noticed it I can't unsee it. Wasn't in there with 1.7.1 which felt a lot cleaner
    Sadly, it's not on both primary and secondary. Would look way more realistic.
    Yeah, I just don't like my uniformity getting ruined. Do you know if this feature has a name? I've been trying to track it down in the files, but I don't even begin to know what to call it or which files/module to check. I didn't see anything in the changelog
  6. Randomized Uniform Color Saturation?

Hey all, I recently upgraded from 1.7.1 and I noticed this weird graphical thing where the secondary color of uniforms is randomized. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but regardless does anyone know anything about it? Ever since I've noticed it it's been bugging me to no end. Seems...
  7. [1.7.1] Unable to start sandbox with Custom troops (Mod preview too!)

Hello! I'm making a mod and I'm at the end of my rope here. I have my troops implemented using parties, but the moment I add them to my SPCultures file the game freezes on sandbox startup. No crash or error, just never starts. Totally at a loss here on why it isn't starting. Is there something...
Back
Top Bottom