Recent content by johnnycocas

1. johnnycocas

B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Aruda said:
    Why the family trees are so messed up, playing as a vassal of serbian kingdom and all the ladies in the court are daughters of some distant muslim lords :sad: ...
    No idea, I usually play as the nations fighting the muslims/eastern factions so I never cared about that, they are gonna die anyways :razz:
    A lot of vassals have been added to this mod in comparison to 1257 AD, just take Navarra for example: In 1257AD it had only 4-5 vassals and in this mod it has a dozen, as many as all the other factions, I'd say it's "normal" for some stuff to be in a WIP state in this mod...

Also when i conquer a settlement will i be able to recruit the troops i want? Sad to see the mod doesn't get any updates.
    If you are refering to the possibility to recruit troops from a different culture in a settlement you captured you can't do that. This mod (and 1257 AD) use a version of diplomacy without culture convertion because it was buggy or whatever... So if you capture a french city you can only recruit french(european) troops from it, and the same for every other faction/culture.
  2. johnnycocas

adrakken said:
    So, sent out 5 companions as emissaries to give gifts to several kingdoms (I am currently playing as The Pope) and over 2 full months have passed and not one of my companions have returned...I thought this diplomacy bug was fixed years ago? Or is this unrelated in this mod?

FYI, I spent almost 2 weeks not leaving Roma to make sure that moving around wasnt delaying their return.

I think that is unrelated to the "Diplomacy" mod, it's a bug that appeared (and I think it still is there) in the 1257 AD mod, which this mod tried to expand.

This mod inherited most of the bugs that existed in 1257 AD and added a lot more new ones, so expect **** to happen at some point like you sending companions to oblivion :razz:
  3. johnnycocas

Godfrey of Bouillon said:
    Another question, is it possible to disable random things like snow blizzards? Because I don't really like playing with my army going down from 120 to 30 every 5 minutes...  (Or atleast limiting the chance :meh:)

I think there's an option for that in the mod options too, can't remember exactly but there should be one option for that.
  4. johnnycocas

Deathstruck92 said:
    Is it possible to fix the fiefs not giving any money and items dissapearing from the feast inventory bugs? Or at least what files do I need to look into?
    Everything is possible, but again, the dev of this mod has given no news in months so unless someone want sto take over his work this is pretty much dead.

Also, is there any way to get rid of those dumb jokes and harambe memes? I mean, Hugh Mungus and Biggus Dickus were maybe amusing the first two times, but then it just becomes annoying... and yes, I am aware of the Monty Python reference, but I am still not a fan of having these kinds of jokes in a game just for "the lulz".
    You can fix these yourself, just look into the .txt files and search for the words "Mugnus", "Dickus" and "Harambe" and replace them with whatever you want.
  5. johnnycocas

wildgoose said:
    Will there be further updates for this mod?

Don't think so... The mod developer has given no news in months, this mod is pretty much dead
  6. johnnycocas

Godfrey of Bouillon said:
    1) Is there a way of changing the banners of lords to yours?  :mrgreen:
    No. You can however use some very cheesy techniques to force all the lords of a faction to use the same banner.
    The first is to edit the lord info file and change the banner they'll use (don't think that works for existing saves though)
    Or you can edit the banner .dds files and change the textures of the lords to the same texture.

As I said, very cheesy **** and does not really fix your issue...

2) How do you deal with the constant dying of vassals? Aka how am I able to manage my realm with 4 of my 10 vassals beheaded?  :meh:
    Disable that option in the mod settings (inside the camp menu).

3) Have you also implemented an option for changing cultures in occupied provinces? For example, I'm the byzantine emperor and want to reconquer Ankara from the Ilkhanate.
    Am I able to change the regions culture so I can recruit greek levies etz instead of muslim anatolian recruits?
    No. This WAS a feature of the Diplomacy mod but was removed in more recent versions because it was glitchy or something... This mod uses one of the most recent versions of Diplomacy so no chance of changing province culture.
  7. johnnycocas

bunkorder said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    famaouz said:
    Hello, is this mod still being worked on or have the devs abandoned it?

It has been a nearly a month since troycall last appeared in the forums and a lot more time since his last answer to anyone in this forum regarding this mod, so I'd say the mod is frozen or close to death...

This mod has too many bugs and he decided to go on vacation indefinitely somewhere in October or November last year, with no response ever since.

When this mod appeared I was one of the strongest supporters, but after seeing the amount of bugs it has, the time he is taking to fix them (if he fixes them at all) and the polemic around stolen assets from AD1257 I seriously recommend against using this mod, at least for now (or forever if nothing changes).

So what? it's still a good mod. The bugs that plague it are the bugs that plagued 1257, he should have fixed those broke siege scenes. I don't think the developer will do any more work on this mod, that much is clear.

Except there are new bugs in this mod that did not exist in AD1257 like the manors not working properly for no reason and game crashing at a higher frequency. AD1257 crashes on me 1-2 times a week while this mod crashes 1-2 times every day. That is a serious mood killer for me.
  8. johnnycocas

What pissed you off today? v. VI

Wellenbrecher said:
    Was at my parents' over the weekend. Came back to find out that our wonderful ISP cancelled the contract on the 31st.
    And like I feared, they obviously did so without any warning.

So, now I'm without internet till the new contract with a different ISP goes through. :roll:
    Which will cost four bucks less a month, while being fibre. So... twice the (potential) speed. We'll see.

Wow, your ISP really is wonderful. My ISP only increased my connection speed about two times over the past few years without warning, so disrespectful...

Sarcasm aside, what is the speed you'll be having now and what did you have before?
  9. johnnycocas

AD 1257 - Got naked after joining Holy Order

Flying Dutchman said:
    Maybe it's God's wish?

Yeah maybe he must repent his sins before joining the Tempalr order :razz:
  10. johnnycocas

Questions about AD 1257

From what I understood from your other post it seems that joining a religious order is pretty much the same as joining the ranks of an army, otherwise your gear would not be affected.
    If that's the case then no, you can't do it. You can either be a soldier or be a vassal, not both at the same time.
  11. johnnycocas

AD 1257 - Got naked after joining Holy Order

Ixzzhaeldir said:
    Hi guys,

Been 8 days in game with Ad 1257. Joimed crusader states. When i joined the Templar Knights i noticed i was stripped off my equipement save alone helmet weapon shield and trousers.

Arent your items in your inventory? Like when you sign up as soldier for a party your old equipement should go to the inventory. Unless your inventory is full :p
  12. johnnycocas

How to win Constantinople?

emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    Dunno if raiding villages and caravans makes your faction more prone to enter a war, but you could try it. Raid some villages and ask your king to wage war.
    Doesnt that make you lose honor? Or make your liege hate you?

Eventually Constantinople WILL fall, it's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when" it will happen :wink: Get stronger, level your character, improve all your stats and relations and with time some of the enemy lords may even defect making it easier to fight off the remnants of the enemy.

Been trying to get myself some holy order knights too as I have read somewhere that they are strong. How much can I get? I tried in a separate safe file but I can only donate to invite them to come over. Yet there is no signs of where to recruit them. PS: I have yet to fortify my manor. I upgraded some buildings and a monastery.

You have to invite them into the monastery first...

Do I get a notification for this? And which orders are the strongest?

Ahhhhmm, no xD
    Dunno, I usually use the Knights Of Santiago because they are the only order that was more related to the portuguese during the year 1257, or at least closer.
    I'd say the teutonic, hospitallers and templars are the best, specially with the templar heavy horses that are in the mod, although this is me guessing because I've never actually played with them...
  13. johnnycocas

emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:
    Dunno if raiding villages and caravans makes your faction more prone to enter a war, but you could try it. Raid some villages and ask your king to wage war.

Eventually Constantinople WILL fall, it's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when" it will happen :wink: Get stronger, level your character, improve all your stats and relations and with time some of the enemy lords may even defect making it easier to fight off the remnants of the enemy.

Been trying to get myself some holy order knights too as I have read somewhere that they are strong. How much can I get? I tried in a separate safe file but I can only donate to invite them to come over. Yet there is no signs of where to recruit them. PS: I have yet to fortify my manor. I upgraded some buildings and a monastery.

You have to invite them into the monastery first and then return at a later time to call them to your party. I think they come in groups of ~10 and yes, they are really strong. The knights of Santiago for example dont seem menacing at first but they rack up kills quite fast xD
  14. johnnycocas

emopro_93 said:
    JOHNFIRE said:

Most likely, yes to both questions... I've never done it personally while I'm a vassal of any kingdom, I usually do it when turning rebel or trying to start my own kingdom :/

With time you will always be in a war with someone, I've even seen a post once that stated something like "In Warband the question it's not who will wage war with you, it's when they'll do it".

In your case I'd suggest to take it easy, work on increasing your renown, honor and lord relationship. If they have only one town at the moment they are a threat but not big enough for you to be worried about.
  15. johnnycocas

Back
Top Bottom