Recent content by John_M

1. John_M

Can These Things Be Fixed? <Long>

A. The cost of weapons and armor isn't in the relevant XML files; it's being calculated somewhere in the code, under the hood. Why? Because of the build-a-weapon forging system, which I instantly disliked, is why. Apparently each part in a forged weapon magically increases costs based on <some formula> that's tied to the stats, rather than the parts. It's absolutely insane from a game-design POV; you'll see random-rolled weapons that suck, but cost huge amounts, etc. I want to get rid of it. Can I just stick a value into the XML entries for a flat cost and reference that in code?

B. I want to just flat-out get rid of Forging entirely. Like, lock-stock-and-barrel. No forged stuff, no UI for it, no Tutorial pointing at it, nothing. I don't think I've ever seen a major mechanic in a video game I've reacted to with so much visceral loathing before, lol. Is that even remotely possible?
    The weapon crafting system is definitely a huge enemy when wanting to do any game design, precise balancing of weapons is impossible. To tweak something simple like swing speed of a weapon there are a plethora of attributes and weapon parts that contribute and you have to play a guessing game hoping to get what you want.
    We have a system where weapons use the crafting system as a base but any attribute you want to update can be entered into the xml to overwrite the calculated stats. We actually replace all of the stats for all of the weapons, but its nice to have the option.

As far as I know, the same is possible for item values, just more harmony :razz:
  2. John_M

In Progress Scene Editor Vertex painting (material blending) isn't working

Are we going to be seeing a fix for this? This is a very valuable tool in scene creation we still cannot use.
  3. John_M

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Has there been any updates regarding the release of the mod? For example, is there an approximate release date for the 1st phase?
    No updates. When we are sure about something for release, we will make sure everyone knows, but until then we won't say anything that could be misleading.
  4. John_M

Cair Andros Concept by Dwarftosser

cairAndros.png
  5. John_M

Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

What can you even more simplify right now? Which feature right now is more complex then it needs to be AND working?
    This game is not simple, if that is your implication. A couple aspects of the combat system could use simplification imo, namely the stance system and the chambering system. Both are more complex than Warband and are worse off.

The second question is kind of my point, if a feature is more complex than it needs to be then it is not working the way it should.
  6. John_M

Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

In general whole Gaming industry is going downwards,. People in every game demand complex systems and features. If Developers promise and create high expectations with Trailers and later then skip on crucial point then Devs loses ALL reputation they had.

I remember in E3 how they explained different system and their complexiity. And one of those running your own Crime Gang activities in Towns, claiming turfs, making money, leaving companions and stuff.. Ended up being total ******* where you only can clear thugs in cities and nothing else.
    There is no strong correlation between complexity and quality. More complexity is not necessarily beneficial to the game, and in many cases, simplicity would help.
  7. John_M

SP B Native Levelling Customizer: Adjust character and skill levelling difficulty on the go as you wish. Install/Uninstall Whenever.

Ahh unfortunately you cannot set different values for companions currently. Not sure how to handle it. I don't want to add hundreds of settings separately for companions & family.
    Will make a quick change today to allow setting values for companions and/or family members only though. Should be released before tomorrow.
    Sounds cool, would be awesome (y)
  8. John_M

SP B Native Levelling Customizer: Adjust character and skill levelling difficulty on the go as you wish. Install/Uninstall Whenever.

Nice, I remember always increasing the Companion xp gain in Warband mods, can't rely on the AI to grind out those levels like the player:razz:

A lot of control, very good.
  9. John_M

Bannerlord Creative Competition 2: Scene Design Contest

Awesome submissions!
    Would love to clear these of bandits and get their loot:party:
  10. John_M

Bannerlord Creative Competition 2: 3D Art Contest

Melee weapons set name: Aserai Royal Weapons
    Created weapons:
    1H Sword
    2H Sword
    1H Hammer
    1h Axe

Work-in-progress screenshots:
    Medium Polies:
    unknown.png

High Polies
    unknown.png

Low Polies
    unknown.png

Hammer Close up
    unknown.png

Completed set screenshots:
    unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
  11. John_M

How to make a mod that adds more banners

That documentation is quite outdated :smile: I manage to do it regardless.

Result
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4181
    Looks great(y)
  12. John_M

How to make a mod that adds more banners

A place to start^
  13. John_M

Quick question,

Are you guys developing something multiplayer focused seeing as the closed beta for custom servers is running currently or is the focus solely on SP for the moment?
    Something in the back of my mind tells me there would be something like a multiplayer beta to test maps, armors and the like but I could be mistaken. Was that ever an idea?

Cheers
    We definitely want to run some multiplayer stuff, we are not sure of the exact outcome in the end, but it is definitely part of the package.
Back
Top Bottom