Recent content by John25-

1. John25-

Force dismounted units in multiplayer

Hello, I have created multiplayers maps that can be played in battle mode. However, one of them should be played without mounted units for this game type. What should I do for this to happen, considering this situation only applies to this map and only in battle mode? (i.e. not a problem to...
  2. John25-

AI lords won't apply skill

Ok, got it. It does work like a charm as you say!
  3. John25-

I've added the import line at the top of module_mission_templates, solves the "skl_surgery" issue. Thanks

Add a test display message at a few points to make sure it is firing. It should work as written, after importing header_skills of course.

Just to make sure, you know how to add new triggers to missions, right?

But no change on the battlefield. I reckon I am not familiar with triggers and missions, what should I do exactly?
  4. John25-

Thanks for your quick reply. I've tested after updating module_mission_templates but it didn't work; all non-hero enemies still get killed.

+ For some reason I had the following issue when compiling:
    0wuuDXj.png

I'm quite surprised it requires to be written "skl_surgery" to be compiled without error, for we can find the same writing in module_scripts ("get_quest"):
    (store_skill_level, ":cur_surgery_skill", skl_surgery, ":stack_troop"),

Anyway, I've tested both but writing either skl_surgery or "skl_surgery" doesn't affect the final result: it doesn't seem to work.. :sad:
  5. John25-

Hello, After giving AI lords 'knows_surgery_7', the skill does appear in their character window, but it is not applied in battles. Here is an example: Based on this post I thought it would be fine, but I guess it only works when the lord is a member of player's party; player then benefits...
  6. John25-

Level up at start of campaign problem

Hello,

I also encountered this issue some time ago: link.

This solution might help you even though it is only about avoiding the extra xp, not looking into your modifications
  7. John25-

Edit number of Tournament rounds?

Hello,

(4 years later but all good if someone still wants to know the answer to this question lol)

From what I know, you need the module system. In module_scripts.py, look for these various scripts:
    # script_fill_tournament_participants_troop
    Code:
    (try_for_range, ":cur_slot", ":begin_slot", 64),

# script_get_num_tournament_participants
    Code:
    (try_for_range, ":cur_slot", 0, 64),

# script_get_random_tournament_participant
    Code:

# script_add_tournament_participant
    Code:

# script_sort_tournament_participant_troops
    Code:
    (try_for_range, ":cur_slot_2", ":cur_slot_2_begin", 64),

# script_remove_tournament_participants_randomly
    Code:
    And
    Code:

Then change the value 64 to the multiple you wish (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, ...). The number of rounds will vary depending on this.

And one last script you need to change:
    # script_sort_tournament_participant_troops
    Code:
    (try_for_range, ":cur_slot", 0, 63),
    Which will be your chosen number - 1.
    E.g. 1, 3, 7, 15, 31, 63, 127, 255, ...
  8. John25-

Faction orders: 'Vassals still need time to attend their own business'

Hi there, does anyone know how to reduce the amount of time needed for vassals to 'attend their own business'? I am working on a mod with smaller factions (only 5/6 lords in each) and smaller parties as well. But after approx. 10 to 15 days of campaign, faction orders change to inactivity and...
  9. John25-

In-game texture are wacky for some mod resources

In the case of the sword, I think you should also check the material and texture have been imported to your .brf file. This is usually what happens when the game is not able to read them.

sNJbE8e.png
  10. John25-

Removing lords' ages and family relations?

Age should be removed via module_strings.py:
    Code:
      ("_age_reg1_family_", "^Age: {reg1}^Family:"),

You can replace this line with:
    Code:
      ("_age_reg1_family_", " "),
    But if you remove age from game_start only, you will likely get an error such as Age: 0 in character notes

Then if you want to remove family relations, you should look for specific pieces of coding inside initialize_aristocracy, such as:
    Code:
                    (troop_set_slot, slot_troop_father)
                    (troop_set_slot, slot_troop_mother)
                    (troop_set_slot, slot_troop_spouse)
                    (troop_set_slot, slot_troop_guardian)
    Removing all those lines will prevent affiliation among AI characters, no need to delete the whole initialize_aristocracy script. But this would have an impact on gameplay, maybe you should prevent family relations from being shown in notes instead - via game_get_troop_note (module_scripts.py)

If I were you, I would simply change this:
    Code:
          #Family notes
          (try_begin),
            (this_or_next|is_between, ":troop_no", lords_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
            (eq, ":troop_no", "trp_player"),
            (neg|is_between, ":troop_no", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),

And make it look like this:
    Code:
          #Family notes
          (try_begin),
            (is_between, ":troop_no", mercenary_troops_begin, mercenary_troops_end),
    Family relations are not affected but they are disabled in character notes
  11. John25-

Troop Items in Freelancer

Getting back to you after looking at your source files: you should use itp_type_crossbow instead of itp_type_musket and it will work fine.
    However, you will also have to deal with ammo (itp_type_bolts instead of itp_type_bullets), meshes, sounds, etc.
  12. John25-

Heraldic items for custom banner

Hello, in camp menu I have added an option for creating a custom banner via prsnt_custom_banner*. It works well with the banner on the map** But it doesn't work with heraldic items, towns/castles, and also does not show up in character notes. Is there any way to make them use custom banners...
  13. John25-

Staying?

Yes they do, so you need both: money and food. It's all about logistics :smile:
  14. John25-

What exactly causes this? The helmet model won't align with the head for some reason.

Otherwise you can move and rotate the item via openBRF if you are not using the module system
  15. John25-

Staying?

If you leave the place and come back then the "Wait here for some time" option will not appear in the menu. But if you are already staying in town and do not leave, you will be staying for free :fruity:
Back
Top Bottom