Recent content by John the Roleplayer

1. John the Roleplayer

Beta 1.3.0: Ugliest bastards of Calradia

You're quite right for the rest of them, but I think Temion actually looks pretty good, meaning believable (though perhaps not that his athletics is 110). A nice variation of the mostly generic looking lords of previous versions.
  2. John the Roleplayer

maritime trade/battles

I feel that the geographical changes of the map were made with naval travel in mind. There is just overall a lot more coastline, and several of the straits are now blocked with rocks that don't look entirely in place there. This may well be to make the straits traversable on land for now, but allow the blockading rocks to easily be removed later.
  3. John the Roleplayer

Massive casualties when entering a besieged settlement

One possibility would be a scene, where a small strike force from your party tries to clear a way to get in, and has to fight some of the besiegers to do so. The idea being, that it's a surprise attack, before the besiegers can muster a larger force. It would have to be balanced along the relative party sizes and also depend on tactics skill. Potential losses would then be taken directly.

This option might become too powerful though, as players could perhaps make disproportionatee use of it, comparedto AI.

I'd also say that castle defenders should join the fight when the besiegers are attacked, maybe arriving with a little delay and starting at another point of the field.
  4. John the Roleplayer

Combat skills work together?

I know that it doesn't raise both skills, I'm asking if, regardless of that, the two hand perks are still used for a polearm if it's being used as a two handed weapon.

Sorry, I misunderstood then. Regarding perks, it would depend on the individual perks. Things like "+3% hitpoints" should be a passive bonus regardless of weapon, while those that say "... for two-handed-weapons" should only apply to those, but not polearms.

Basically, polearms don't benefit from things that relate to two-handed weapons, even when they are also used with two hands. They still fall solely under polearms.
  5. John the Roleplayer

Combat skills work together?

They do not. Weapons with two modes improve the one currently used when landing hits, not both. There are no "compound modes" as "two-handed and polearm". The modes and relevant skills for a weapon are shown in the orange bar over the stats.
  6. John the Roleplayer

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops One faction hiring all mercenary clans.

The change in e1.0.8 to make losing factions hire mercenaries to turn the tide was a very good one. It makes conquest of the map much more gradual and has improved the campaign. However, perhaps there should be a limit to how many mercenary clans one faction can hire. In my current game as a...
  7. John the Roleplayer

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

The colours are much better looking than in some demonstrations, so I now think it's all right to colour the units cloth items according to faction. It does help a lot, as troops of the same culture end up fighting for different factions often.

What I'd still like though, is some distinction between clans by simple heraldic patterns.
  8. John the Roleplayer

SP - Economy Supply castles manually / limited castle economy

1. It should be possible to supply castles manually, especially with food when there is starvation, just as you can with cities. To that end, there should be a sort of castle market, let's call it a stockpile, that the castle owner can give to and take from. Settlement consumption from this...
  9. John the Roleplayer

Resolved Quest "Lord A" wants "B" captured can't be turned in.

I have the quest "Lord Monchug wants Lantanor captured". I have Lantanor as a prisoner in my party, but when talking to Monchug there is no option to complete the quest, gifting him the prisoner was also not the solution. Possible issues: 1. I didn't capture Lantanor myself, but bartered to get...
  10. John the Roleplayer

Patch Notes e1.0.8

So, mercenary support for weaker kingdoms seems to be working. In my new game the northern empire is losing to the Khuzait, and they now have no fewer than six mercenary clans.

2CF94A9498AB8122A283D07C6DFD115F4CCAA3EF

Before this, I had actually not understood that all minor factions are considered mercenaries that can switch sides. Some of them, like the Beni Zilal, struck me as having their own agenda. Will there be some factors to the minor factions, that would make them consider other things than money when choosing sides (e.g. always working against certain factions for political or spiritual reasons)?
  11. John the Roleplayer

SP - General Skill gain while companion role is active

Skills that are relevant to party roles (e.g. steward for quartermaster) should still increase for the player character, even when a companion has been appointed to the role. Otherwise this is a big deterrent form using the roles, as it precludes the main character form skill gains and hence...
  12. John the Roleplayer

Enable death?

I just had a companion show up as dead in the post battle statistic for the first time, yet they were only wounded regardless. I definitely have death set to on, so maybe it's not working yet.
  13. John the Roleplayer

SP - General Board game tables too dark

Board games are sometimes hard to see clearly, especially highlighted pieces. I suggest lighting up the table with a candle next to the board.
  14. John the Roleplayer

Resolved Quest "Deliver the herd" target character not there

Summary: I have the quest to deliver a herd to a character in Baltakhand, but the character is not in the town. In his encyclopedia entry he appears to be a youth (18 years), which perhaps is the cause of the issue. How to Reproduce: Accept the quest, same absent target every time...
  15. John the Roleplayer

Is there a way to track game events?

Character and clan pages in the encyclopedia show a timeline of some events, relevant to that person/clan on the right.

I suppose a full list of all world events would be too cluttered.
Back
Top Bottom