Recent content by John Frederick

1. John Frederick

Resolved Crash On Launch, Vanilla 1.6.4

Verify integrity of steam cache, for whatever reason there were a few extra unnecessary files in my directory, and a few missing.
  2. John Frederick

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

*EDITED*
    False alarm!
  3. John Frederick

[The Armory] Post your smithing creations!

Hello all!

Sorry for necroing a very old thread, but I still have not seen anybody try to replicate a thread like this. I have updated my OP with my finest creations, and I hope to see and hear about all of yours too!

Happy smithing!

John Frederick AKA Frederic
  4. John Frederick

Constant Warfare in Late Game - Unplayable

I rarely aim to conquer the map
    Same here, too tedious and removes a lot of flavor that I enjoy from this game, and Warband as well. My biggest complaint is that there aren't enough independent realms to keep things interesting (Would've personally liked at least two kingdoms in the Nahasa Desert). I know some mods add or change that, but I hope they improve mechanics for clans to carve out their own unique realms.

Not sure this is the direction a lot of M&B fans would like to see the game take, but I personally think it could benefit from taking a few pages out of Crusader Kings book, with flavor events and holding court, feasts, etc. Something else to invest alot of time and money in besides painting Calradia with your kingdom color.
  5. John Frederick

Ideas for Improving Immersion of Wanderers and Nobles.

Agreed, Alayen was my main man in Warband and I felt connected to him. I do like how Bannerlord utilized RNG for numerous combinations on wanderers, but I suppose that does come at the expense of not being able to write unique backstories on each and every one of them.

After 10-15 years of in game time, alot of clans are dying out from old age or getting themselves killed in battle which is leaving a large power vacuum in many of the kingdoms and countless generations of young kids that are taking too long to come of age to become characters.

While the update granting us the ability to raise wanderers to nobility is a welcome breath of fresh air, I'd like to see more activity on the AI front such as other houses recruiting them, or simply ambitious wanderers deciding to get the hell out of the tavern and make something of themselves (either going bandit, mercenary, or adventurer party).
  6. John Frederick

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Anything on lords/ladies congregating in one awkward spot of a castle keep rather than a healthy spread around the scene? I can grab screenshots if anybody wants, but when in the keep scene in Pravend, there are maybe 3-4 characters using the large open hall, and at least 10 of them packed shoulder to shoulder in the small room off of the throne room.
  7. John Frederick

Fun things to do in/after late game?

You can try my mod if you want (check my signature) and expand a little bit more the rogue experience.

I don't see your mod or signature. Let me know if you fix it.

I like those suggestions as well. I just downloaded My Little Warband in order to create unique troops. I'm thinking of a Norse-Imperial hybrid; nordic equipment but uniform in nature and the use of sword, shield, and throwing spears to build off my my Sturgians time and experience serving the empire.
  8. John Frederick

I was afraid people would say that; I think there are some creative players out there though. A few playthroughs I've begun or will attempt, but still want to hear other peoples ideas!

- Aserai businessman & bandit. Owns loads of workshops and caravans in the desert, but attacks or extorts caravans of other factions that he comes into contact with

- (Current side playthrough) Sturgian mercenary captain that has mostly high tier infantry troops, such as Varyag Veterans and Sea Raiders. Mercs himself out to the empire acting as a sort of Varangian Guard.
  9. John Frederick

Hey all, I'm on day 1600 of a main quest campaign and I have been elected king of Vlandia after Derthert passed of old age. I like it and all, but not only is it expensive to maintain my parties, troops, etc, I feel like I'm running out of things to do. I never was all that interested in...
  10. John Frederick

Fixed, compliments of @MRay. Please delete/lock.
  11. John Frederick

Resolved Game doesn't launch via Steam + web-site support via ticket ignores my ticket for a week.

Thank you. Sorry for hijacking. 5040 files were reacquired and appears to have been fixed. I will delete my messaged. Good luck @Count Rugel
  12. John Frederick

Summary: Crashes on startup, have option to get crash log but does not bring up CrashUploader Screen to get the identifier. The game will successfully launch to Main Menu if done so via Bannerlord.exe, however any current use of the Launcher/Steam will result in crashes. If I wanted to play...
  13. John Frederick

[The Book of Heraldry] Post your custom banners!

index.php

Not sure if it's an error on my part, but I can't see your image!
  14. John Frederick

[The Armory] Post your smithing creations!

Blacksmithing your companions increase their ability or yours, i wonder?

Theirs, however it is good to have them increase their level as well. Even if you don't want them to be the primary craftsperson, you can still unlock their perks to be more efficient in creating different types of metals or charcoal.
  15. John Frederick

[The Book of Heraldry] Post your custom banners!

Hello again, With the introduction of the custom banner creator, I've seen multiple gaming websites with some intricate, and some funny banners that players have been creating. Just like my blacksmithing equivalent thread, let this one serve as a place to post, share, and comment on custom...
Back
Top Bottom