Recent content by JohannGustavson

1. JohannGustavson

North and South 1.0 - Overview

Yes, currently at 62 members!  :party:
  2. JohannGustavson

If my guys can run it my reg will be heading to that as soon as its ready  :fruity:
  3. JohannGustavson

ITS BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. JohannGustavson

I wonder when FSE will be back up?
  5. JohannGustavson

L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

I would also happily volunteer to test.
  6. JohannGustavson

How famous is the above player?

I cannot say ive ever seen you or heard of you.
  7. JohannGustavson

Custom skin showcase.Frontpage RE-Updated

Does anyone know if the early 18th century British grenadier was ever finished? I feel a need to see some mitre caps during linebattles.
  8. JohannGustavson

Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

mauhur said:
    Adorno said:
    Thanks for all the feedback. Most of the issues reported cannot be recognised from the alpha testing.
    We are looking into the causes behind the issues. Many might be related to missing operations in the executable.
    In the meantime bug reports are great. Please give details and perhaps screenshots along with system specifications.
    my only question is, why is there only only a two handed sword and no two handed axe? People were not easily getting a handy fast one handed axes, they also used woodcutting axes or any axe and used it with two hands aswell as one hand.. I really got disappointed, i know it is not 1000 but doesnt mean two handed axe are banned(Polearm would be fitting for a big and not two handed)

Back to 2 handed swords, there were not found during the dark ages but the medieval period. **** historical accuracy anyways its not important at all (extremely sarcastic).
  9. JohannGustavson

why viking conquest why?

I thought there would have been more but I am mistaken, in the single player there are missing textures for HORSES! Like seriously......... There better be content patches real soon or im going to be pissed.
  10. JohannGustavson

Rallix said:
    a89a89 said:
    JohannGustavson said:
    As for me I shall be playing as a Norwegian since my grandfather came from Bergen, Norway so I see it only to be fitting. Plus I love the vikings culture, religion, battle styles. I believe I shall mostly play as a berserker if they add  in wolf and bear skins into the game, if not then ill fight naked XD.
    #Naked4thewin
    There is a clear distinction between a berserk and a nude idiot.
    One of them is scary to fight.

If an enemy runs around in front of me wearing no clothing, calling himself a berserk, I will only respect his words if I am dead by his hand in the next few seconds.
    Prepping for the respect
  11. JohannGustavson

As for me I shall be playing as a Norwegian since my grandfather came from Bergen, Norway so I see it only to be fitting. Plus I love the vikings culture, religion, battle styles. I believe I shall mostly play as a berserker if they add  in wolf and bear skins into the game, if not then ill fight naked XD.
  12. JohannGustavson

Although I've already purchased the dlc I cant seem to be disappointed in the historical "accuracy" of the equipment used by the vikings shown in the trailers and screenshots. I also believe if they wanted a good viking dlc they should have gone with the Vikingr team "obvious choice in my opinion" but anyways if they went for accuracy of armors and weapons Id rate it a 7/10.

389382_e15430daed30042eeb2708c7c301a1db72e43580_medium.jpg
    Ok so in this picture it is pretty good at best the one thing I spot right of the bat is the lack of winged spears and a rather large amount of "leaf" spears. I also see a lack of the pouches that vikings would wear due to the lack of pockets. One thing I enjoy is seeing viking on viking fighting naval battle which occurred regularly during the dark ages. For a quick glance the man jumping from ship to ship has a rather weird pair of boots which in most cases would have tucked under their leg raps serving as a primitive gaiter. As for the mail within other screen shots the mail would have stopped at the bicep and similar with the gambeson, also the mail looks very beat up with there being massive holes withing the rings which is obviously something they would have attempted to repair.

As for the helmets and weapons/tools shown there seems to be a lack of options although we could have numerous types of simple nasal helm to the nicer gjermundbu helms or even to the ornate Valsgärde and Sutton Hoo head gear. The screens seem to have a lack of side arms for the norse invaders as well id like to see weapons as common as the seax and the common utility knife within the game.
    Well enough of my viking fan-boy rant but I guess I was looking for damned near historical experience with this dlc. I just want this to end up as a great dlc that will thrive. Anyways skål!  :???:

~I am highly aware that they likely added many more items, but may have not shown us due to these pictures being rather dated.~
  13. JohannGustavson

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

Amazing event would love for another one soon.  I loved the speech in the beginning for the folk of the Vikingr horde.
Back
Top Bottom