Recent content by jelf

1. jelf

[SaveEditor] WarBender - savegame editor [released/1.0.4]

Thanks this looks great!
  2. jelf

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Tingyun said:
    jelf said:
    Just wondering, would using the tweaks tool affect the edits you made in the main module?

The only one I can think of, is if you use the tweak for village defenders, then you will be opting into that system for generating them rather than Balance Mod’s system. The main difference there would be prosperity influences defenders heavily in Balance Mod’s version, and some differences in unit types, but the tweaks version is a great system as well.

Also of course you’d have to manually enable any tweaks you want, even ones that Balance Mod includes in the default version (see the 2.0 changelog for the list)

jelf said:
    E.g., if I changed TWEAK_LOW_LEVEL_UNITS_ARE_COWARDS = 0 to 1, would it affect the edit you made 8.0 about low-level units routing? Or alternatively, if I left TWEAK_LOW_LEVEL_UNITS_ARE_COWARDS = 0 as it is, but used tweak tools for other tweaks, would it still override the 8.0 changes on low-level units routing?

It would not override Balance Mod’s changes and would work fine (the “coward” chance I removed is a seperate thing from the tweak, just shares the same name). However, it would add to Balance Mod’s changes, which already include making level more influential in courage and weakening overall courage (though both done in different ways than the tweak).

So together that might make low level units too cowardly, but it might also work great, you’ll have to test.

jelf said:
    Also, is it correct that I should not copy module.ini into app folder, but should only merge it when the generated module.ini?

Hmm, I am not aware of any tweaks affecting module.ini, so you would probably be fine just copying over the included one. But to be safe, always winmerge compare just to make sure, for all text files, is the safe strategy, because there could easily be some that do affect module.ini that I just am not aware of.

Mission_templates.txt is the included text file I’d be more worried about, as that text file is very sensitive to changes, one shift somewhere and the whole thing sometimes changes. Since the only two text tweaks in that one are doccinga keep your horse and town/castle sneaking in keep equipment I’d probably either Ctrl f for them and just merge over those two changes or forget about them entirely.

I think the morale tweak will change missions templates, so that will be one to watch. You could easily just forget about Balance Mod’s two text tweaks for it, 99% of the Balance Mod changes to the file are done properly in the module file, I just hadn’t got around to transferring those two old tweaks over, as they still date back to the stuff I did before I started properly editing the module system (way back in the 1.0 version). Just too little time and too many new things to do.

Probably your tweaks won’t affect module.ini, troops.txt, itemkinds1.txt, or parties.txt, so you’ll probably be safe to copy them over, but always best to winmerge to do a quick check first.

Thanks for the reply Tingyun!

Btw, is it possible to add lord and lady personalities into the Notes section for Viking Conquest, like they did in Prophesy of Pendor? Given that there are so many lords in Viking Conquest, it is a bit hard to keep track of the personalities for the lords for every new playthrough.  :oops:

Also, can I use the no morale drop addon with Module files for VC Tweak Tools?
  3. jelf

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Hi Tingyun

Just wondering, would using the tweaks tool affect the edits you made in the main module? E.g., if I changed TWEAK_LOW_LEVEL_UNITS_ARE_COWARDS = 0 to 1, would it affect the edit you made 8.0 about low-level units routing? Or alternatively, if I left TWEAK_LOW_LEVEL_UNITS_ARE_COWARDS = 0 as it is, but used tweak tools for other tweaks, would it still override the 8.0 changes on low-level units routing?

Also, is it correct that I should not copy module.ini into app folder, but should only merge it when the generated module.ini?

Thanks!
  4. jelf

What is your max battle size without crash?

Razer Blade 2016 with i7 6700HQ, 16GB ram and GTX970 6GB
    It crashes sometimes with 530BS.
    The framerates are high but it stutters a lot at 530BS that it is unplayable. So I usually play on 400BS with minimal stutter.
  5. jelf

best troops for sieges

I use a mix of civilian troops before I get any honor troops.

Fierdsvain Huscarls, D'shar Blademasters, Sarleon Halberdiers, Empire Armored Crossbowmen, Ravenstern Rangers and Ravenstern Mounted Rangers.

During a siege I just put the Ravenstern Rangers and Mounted Rangers to a lower position in the party list and it's fine.

It's a bit difficult to train the Blademasters but both my character and some companions have 10 training so it's still okay.
  6. jelf

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

InfinityAtEnd said:
    jelf said:
    Thank you guys for your help.

Now I have another question. :p

In my game when I talk to the troubadours about feast every feasts always "ends soon" even though they just show up. And those feasts indeed will only last for half a day to one day at most. I've never seen in PoP that a feast lasts for more than a day.

Is it always like that in PoP, or is there something wrong with my game?
    Thanks.

The feast time depends on the number of lords who attend to it and also the faction standings... if they are at war ... the feast will end fast and they march to battle ... if they aren't at war .. the feast can take 2-3 days ... so long as I have seen .. though I couldn't join it :smile:

Also .. the feast will be hold on a longer time if it's held in a city in witch a Tournament takes place also ... is both events happens in the same time ... the feast will be going on for a few days ...

If your faction is constantly at war with another faction(rotation ... stop the war with one faction ..but start the war with another one ...etc... ) then the feast will end in less than a day since most of the lords are with the Marshal in the field .. and those who stay are a few and will probably patrol the area .. so if there are less than ~5 lords at the feast ...than the feast will be over before you know it ....

But in my game feasts ALWAYS only last for one or less than one day. However in Native sometimes the feasts may last for few days.
  7. jelf

Thank you guys for your help.

Now I have another question. :p

In my game when I talk to the troubadours about feast every feasts always "ends soon" even though they just show up. And those feasts indeed will only last for half a day to one day at most. I've never seen in PoP that a feast lasts for more than a day.

Is it always like that in PoP, or is there something wrong with my game?
    Thanks.
  8. jelf

Hey guys I have a question.

Can I build different knighthood charper in those cities already with a knighthood chapter?

For example there is already the knights of the lion in Sarleon, can I build a different chapter there to replace it, or am I stuck with it?
  9. jelf

Meet Guild Master / Village elder / Steward

I used TweakMB to add the option and it's completely fine.
  10. jelf

News 1.39: Release 02 of january 2012

Great job. Thank you very much. :grin:
  11. jelf

Cheat warning?

The only two key combinations that triggers the cheater achievement are ctrl+shift+f4(deals blunt damage to all enemies) and ctrl+h(heals yourself).

Other cheats like ctrl+f4(deals blunt damage to only one enemy), ctrl+x, ctrl+shift+h(heals your horse), etc, are completely fine to use and won't trigger the cheater achievement.

Sometimes you may accidentally press one of the key combinations that triggers the achievement. One common example is pressed the "h" instead of "j" when trying to use ctrl+j to halt your horse.
  12. jelf

B Other Cinematic Compilation (Graphic & Sound Enhancement) [v3.0 Released][1.153]

Thank you very much. This mod looks really great.

I have a question though. Is this compatible with other mods like Prophesy of Pendor?
  13. jelf

AI-to-AI relations (holdings and minor factions)

I think it's always worth it as long as the one you piss off is a major faction. After helping a minor faction against a major faction, you just need to pay a few denars and the relation with the major faction can be reset to zero.
  14. jelf

an exploit, that I just found

Just S/L and it's the same.

But I guess this helps those who play on realistic mode(but if you use this exploit then I wonder why would you play on realistic mode in the first place).
  15. jelf

I have some questions.

Can I build multiple knighthood chapters in one town or one castle?

Also, can I build the chapters of two rival orders(e.g. Silvermist and Ebony Gauntlet) at the same time in my kingdom and field both troops?

Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom