Recent content by Jehiel

1. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Maybe 1.3 will have a lot of content as I see them mess around on steamdb a lot.
    1.3 could be the biggest patch yet and DLC could be around the corner.

This is pretty much the best case scenario but it doesn't really explain why they needed to delete the beta branch nor go completely silent.
  2. Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

And what is that reason if I may ask? They look like completely different games to me Kenshi and Bannerlord.

Both games share the same gameplay loop of starting alone from scratch, dumped into a world that simluates itself and has factions and wars and combat. There is a focus on recruiting/developing a party/army (I think Kenshi you can only have companions, whereas MB it's companions+troops).

Both games have overarching RPG elements like skill trees you invest in and do things to get better (Kenshi has mining for example, both games have trade) and elements like managing your companions equipment and skills as well.

As you get stronger you are able to impact the world more by engaging in the fighting and even growing into attacking whole cities and taking them over.

The main difference is that Kenshi has a building component not unlike survival games where you can build walls and then buildings for your party. Almost like a Rimworld-lite I think? Whereas obviously MB leans more into a strategy-lite with its wars and battles with faction relations taking the center stage with some lite kingdom mechanics surrounding it.

Also obviously Kenshi looks like it's from 2006 whereas for all the hate I think Bannerlord looks pretty solid, above average I'd say and also runs really well. There is a Kenshi 2 being made though!
  3. Patch Notes v1.2.9

It is pretty interesting. So weird to go like this for so long and it definitely invites a ton of speculation. I also saw their tweet where they said "Yes, working on it" in response to the same questions on Twitter.

It certainly sounds like pretty strained and pained responses, doesn't it?

I will choose to stay optimistic. I mean a lot of people are jumping to pretty toxic conclusions but the gaming industry has had a ton of layoffs currently and is not in a good place, so there are plenty of things that could be happening that are not good and way out of the hands of the devs and CMs on here.
  4. Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

Manor Lords and Bannerlord aren't even remotely the same tpye of game so I don't understand why people are holding it up against Bannerlord.

Actually, I completely understand why, it's because of the "lol bannerlord sucks wow look at manor lords this game isn't going to have any issues at all lol tw sucks!" angle. But other than both taking place in generically ambigious "medieval times" they are not near the same genres nor scratch the same itch.

Manor Lords is clearly a city builder with RTS gameplay and combat. It's closer to Against the Storm or Farthest Frontier or Anno 1800.

Bannerlord is one of those opaque multi genre smash ups like Kenshi - a mixture of 3rd person RPG, open world sandbox simulation.
  5. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Are people seriously considering buying any DLC Taleworlds produces for this game? Like after everything that has happened?

The game has been mess and it's clear that any DLC development post release will have the same problems we are currently facing i.e. frequent bugs, shallow implementation, basic and uninteresting features, zero communication from "community managers" topped off with the developers making little to no progress on it's development because they need to consider the consoles. Of course we also need to factor in their clear amateur level skill to implement interesting changes and features efficiently.

But most of all, the fact people want to give them more money after the slap in the face of ignoring their community for months on end (after valid criticisms) and use the guise that the community is just toxic, is truly insane to hear.

These forums were once a bustling place and they've ruined it. They can shove any DLC where the sun don't shine because it won't surpass what modders have already achieved.
    Ok but speak for yourself. After hundreds of hours in Warband I have hundreds of hours in BL. And I've loved it. There is certainly issues with the game and sure I wish they could have done more but end of the day Mount and Blade is a unique experience and Bannerlord is still a good game. So yes, I want more lol. I would certainly much rather being playing the game and enjoying new content than complaining on a message board.
  6. Patch Notes v1.2.9

I'd like to think they're working on a DLC or something big in complete silence. With all the game copies they've sold, they must have made a ton of money. They should be able to afford a great team and do some cool stuff for the game.

I really love this game so bad, I've sunk hundreds of hours into it. It pisses me off to see them leaving it so basic when they could add so much more, even taking mods that people have already made.

When thinking about any sort of possible positive reasons for the current situation, something like "they have moved to a DLC model instead of beta branch updates" is really the only thing I can think of.

The problem is that doesn't really explain why they would need to go radio silent for so long or even why they need to end the beta branch fully. It's just really the only single positive outcome in a sea of negative outcomes that explains this situation lol.
  7. Taleworlds announces the commercialization of their game engine~

This is a joke but honestly I think the Taleworlds engine itself is pretty good. BL performs and looks pretty good - and how many other games in it's genre exist? Absolutely none lol. Part large overworld with many many agents doing their own thing on the map, and combat is a third person medieval warfare simulator that can support 1000+ characters on the screen. Throw in solid RPG mechanics like loot and skill trees and economic simulation, and the engine is actually pretty great and unique lol.
  8. Is This Game Dead Now?

I try to be level headed and calm but it is concerning, most noticeable to me is the disappearance of the beta branch for many months with no communication as to why, when the game has always had betas.
  9. What does clan system serve in gameplay?

Mount and Blade was always a battle simulator lol, I have no idea how you can be enough of a fan to post on the TaleWorlds forum but be blind to that.

I always thought the clan system was awesome and added so much and it's an evolution from Warband in every way. Being able to assign governors and parties and have that feed back into your clan rank and prestige is great. And things like allowing you to form a free army with clan parties is just fun and a good perk. It is honestly such a natural progression for a medieval war sandbox like this.

Like all great systems in these types of games, it's pretty good as it is but has some obvious things that can be expanded on and made even greater. Whether or not it is done by TW or by modders, we win in the end.
  10. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I totally agree.

But saying CK3 has more depth for dynasty management is not really a scoop. I mean, it's kind of obvious. In fact, I actually wrote this down myself in the post you have quoted

As Gricken just said: "Telling me to play a different game won't fix this game though."

The whole point is to discuss stuff that has been initially implemented in Bannerlord and need to be improved. And yes, there is a dynasty management system in Bannerlord, but it's (still) in an embryonic state.

Sorry to insist, but Banner Kings is a solution, well inspired by CK, that should be implemented in the game. And it works, I use it for ages.

Banner Kings provides many features that are in CK3. Succession, lord/count/duke trees, settlement management, titles, faith, you can even knight any companions and check the option the generate a LOT of wanderers that will be in service of others lords (I mean AI lords) so they can knight them as well at some point, give them lands and so on.

Suddenly, that is a lot of characters in the map (at the price of performance, sadly, but you can still uncheck some options).

Want more unique interactions as well ? Use Nemesis.

I could go like this forever thanks to some amazing modder ideas. But just add these two mods for testing, pretty sure you won't be able to play without then.

Solutions are right under our nose. Taleworlds just has to go on Nexusmods and pick one/two ideas like they did with weather or kingdom destruction, polish it and release that in every new patch from now.

It's november 2023, clock is ticking, the game needs a huge boost or it will stay the same in ten years (even more ?).

Banner Kings is a great mod and fun for a lot of people. But I watched a streamer try it before I was going to, and he removed it after a few days saying it was way to slow and boring and totally slowed down the game to a crawl. So it's not for everyone and acting like we need BannerKings in the base game is wrong. It's too specific and leans to far into too many complicated and abstract concepts to be fun for the mainsteam auidence. Like hell, I played CK2 and CK3 for a while and enjoyed myself, but the idea of putting the word "Demesne" in Bannerlord just sends shivers down my spine.

For what its worth since it seems like no one can compliment Bannerlord around here is that I love the family system in the game, it's such a massive improvement to Warband and really adds a lot to the game for now. Building out your clan and sending different people off to be caravaneers or governors or to just form their own parties is awesome and fun.

Can it be added to and improved? Sure. But in general I agree with Gadheras. Bannerlord is not CK3 and CK3 is not Bannerlord.
  11. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I've made a list of what I would like to see in the next updates :smile: :
    • More advanced diplomacy, especially with religion and assassinations, or even the possibility of launching crusades.
    • More evolving sieges: for example, once the first wall is taken, the fighting continues in the streets (such as houses that can be occupied with the ability to shoot from windows or roofs, barricades in the streets, a second door to cross, etc.) and this continues until the gate of the keep (which would bring back the interest of having a second enclosure in certain castles).
    • Destructible elements, other than the crenels of the walls, such as the roofs of buildings for a stray cannonball, as well as the possibility of setting buildings on fire with a flaming projectile like a pot (similar to what happened in “Medieval 2: Total War,” for example).
    • Being able to decide whether or not to be mounted on horseback during sieges, to attempt a real-time sortie, for example, or to pursue fleeing enemies after a successful defense.
    • Being able to place our soldiers one by one, especially for sieges and ambush battles, without resorting to mods.
    • The long-awaited naval battles (wanted by everyone anyway).
    • Having more troops on the screen (larger armies allowed by the game engine).
    • Having more diversity in equipment to avoid the “clone effect,” as well as a slight difference in color tone from one soldier to another (or from one garment to another) (for example, for the Vlandians, a more or less dark red depending on the cape/tunic/hood or the soldier).
    • Giving soldiers waiting postures and animations once in battle, such as fatigue or disease effects if morale is low (if food supplies are low or zero, or even perishable over time (and therefore bought/sold at a lower price)), animations that would resemble those of “Attila: Total War.”
    • Being able to place our siege engines ourselves in the location that we find most suitable for firing (while having a limited area, of course, to avoid placing them in too overpowered or unrealistic locations).
    • Not only having double doors for castle entrances, but also sometimes a portcullis, or even a drawbridge, or even all three (which could be obtained with the wall upgrade in the building chain, for example).
    • During city sieges, having the population present (whether it’s people helping on the walls to manipulate stones or defense machines, or people running in panic in the streets).
    • Having more unique rewards when winning a tournament (winning a javelin after defeating all the competitors in a tournament organized by a great noble or even a king is a bit disappointing).
    • Being able to increase tournament bets (within reasonable limits) instead of always being limited to a maximum of 600 gold.
    • When an army is garrisoned in a city, only soldiers should be seen guarding the gates, not knights or elite troops (and with their own weapons, not just a simple lance).
    • Having more life in the streets of cities, such as more passersby, pets, children playing, musicians, workers carrying bags or crates, etc. (a bit like Novigrad in “The Witcher 3”).
    • Of course, getting animals in war. Certainly elephants, but it would also be cool to have war dogs (as the Romans used in battle, as well as some armies in the Middle Ages).
    • Adding a configurable “blood and gore” option to be able to cut off limbs, as well as effects/sounds for hits on armor (and why not mud textures if we wade through it on wet terrain).
    • In character creation, adding an age parameter to display the aging of characters (which would also be displayed over time during a campaign), to avoid people keeping an eternally youthful appearance.
    • More diversity in music on the campaign map, in battles, in cities, and on the main menu (because it can be a bit too repetitive sometimes).
    • Adding a "panic" animation when you fall from a too high location, in order to prevent the "standing" and straight position during the fall
    • Adding a "undermining" mechanic during sieges in order to sap walls, it would be longer to do, but wouldn't need siege machines (with possibility given a chance to defenders to detect it and to attack sappers with a little group)

I like how making a long list is a go to when people complain. It's a great way to make it seem super important and valid because of the "wow this person wrote alot, and he FORMATTED it! He must be right!"

This list ranges from good ideas that enahcne what is already there to total nonsense. But since they are all presented in the same pretty long list, it's hard to tell that at a glance.

BTW, just to present a dissenting opinion, I don't want naval battles. In fact, I hate the idea of naval battles. I feel the same way about all the people who beg for them in Total War games. To me, Naval Battles are just a worse, more limited version of battles on ground and would 100% be a waste of time for any dev to implement.
  12. Why does it take so long to develop a new update? The answer is: "Development Caution"

If anyone here had any semblance of self-awareness and reflection they would realize TW could never win.

TW Moves fast and causes issues: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop breaking the game!!!"

TW Moves slow and people want faster: "WTF is wrong with them can't they code how hard could this be stop killing the game!!!"

The fact you can even make this type of post, psychoanalyzing these devs is insane and why most developers have a dedicated PR arm that handles any sort of interaction with fans.

I mean examples of double standards are everywhere. You want faster updates? There are literally posts in the beta patch thread complaining about the frequent hotfixes breaking mods.

On the other hand gamers talk a big game about devs taking their time, no crunch, working out of passion and not for money, but Valheim has taken this to the extreme and now people are hating on them for taking too long.
  13. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

That is way to complicated for the TW devs....

Look how much they have done since the game started and then look at some of the mods out there. Either the Devs clearly lack in talent, or they are banking on the community to mod the game so they don't have to do that much work.

Not everything has to be a shot at the devs, jesus

its also way too complicated for the game itself. not everything needs to be crusader kings. while i would like to see some more depth in town/village management, that sort of system frankly sounds like a pain in the ass. good lord, having to keep track of all these specific buildings and combinations just to build a specific tier or type of unit? we want to play a game and have fun, we don't want to have to manage spreadsheets and the flow of production like this is EVE Online or something.
  14. The death of units who are pushing siege engines should slow down the siege engines' movement speed

The only issue I have is that in mid to late gameplay it's already easy enough to destroy siege engines before they get to your gates/walls (especially with fire ballista) so something like this will only make it even harder for the attackers. How do you recommend balancing for that?
  15. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST PUSH THIS PATCH TO MAIN VERSION AND STOP RELEASING PETTY UPDATES THAT BREAK ALL THE MODS.

Once again we are unable to play the game because of an update no one wanted or needed - AND WE CAN'T EVEN ROLL IT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION! :roll:

I'm sure you are aware that this game is tedious, monotonous, repetitious, and unplayable without mods.

If you guys insist on constantly breaking the game, PLEASE at least give us the option of choosing to roll back if we wish.

cant you just unsubscribe to the beta branch? stay on stable?
Back
Top Bottom