I love you, brother.
    Thank you
  2. JayWalker

Everyone hates me?

Do you execute lords?
    Literally this happened on day one of a new game. So no opportunity
  3. JayWalker

Everyone hates me?

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature. Shortly after I started a new game on patch 1.05 I got a message that a minor faction in the empire declared war on me. Then as I travel around the map I find that about 60%-70% of notables have -1 or -2 relation with me making recruitment much...
  4. JayWalker

Criminal Treaties?

One thing I haven't seen discussed much is the level of diplomacy between factions. Will it just be peace agreement (post war), no relationship, war. Or will there be trade agreements? There is actually opportunity for some interesting diplomatic options that might affect the player even in...
  5. JayWalker

Interested in realism? Let's look at your loadout!

I didn't mention sword and shield in my previous post, I suppose that beats a lone spearman. However in formation spear and shield dominated history.
  6. JayWalker

Interested in realism? Let's look at your loadout!

I disagree on your rating of spears specifically in status quo situations. They are superior to swords in almost every context exempting a close quarters fight, and that is not to say they are less useful indoors. Actually in a corridor situation where opponents can only come at you from a limited direction they are even better. When I say close quarters I mean up close and personal where two people are near each other before weapons are ready, or there is not enough room to utilize the spear. There is good evidence that even a trained swordsman will only rarely defeat a novice spearman 1 on 1. I don't understand why you would say that a stick with a pointy piece of metal "lacks versatility" compared to a sword which is a longer pointy piece of metal without the stick.

Here is an interesting video comparing spears to swords. Keeping in mind several of these people train in the use of swords, but none of them had ever used a spear before:

7. JayWalker

editing character appearance mid game

I would like this feature mainly just because what if my heir looks super wrong and I want my main to look a certain way after I die.
  8. JayWalker

A Sketch a day until release of Bannerlord

you are really good at drawing horses and camels. I'm not a sketch artist but I thought these were some of the hardest things to draw.
  9. JayWalker

Will mods be availabe for EA?

Whether or not taleworlds releases the modding tools there will be some early mods. There a mods in the multiplayer only beta to allow you to play as babies and stage multiunit army fights. Do you really think that these mods will stop in EA? I don't. Just don't expect PoP or Arda or Perisno size mods before the end of EA
  10. JayWalker

Rebellions and civil war in bannerlord?

I hope there can be wars between clans within the same faction without going to war with the faction or causing civil war. So that you both keep allegience to the faction leader, but kill each others armies on the field. The question would be who keeps a castle if it gets taken? In regular warfare it is the faction leader's ultimate decision so taking land from a faction member directly seems like it breaks the faction rules a bit to much. Perhaps the faction leader can say who gets it and do things like give it to a 3rd party to punish the warring clans, return it to the defender because it was his by right, or give it to the attacker with condition of peace between the clans.
  11. JayWalker

Do you prefer free saves, or "realistic" (single save) mode?

Warband has several spots where, without free saves, your game is screwed. Rescue a prisoner, he turns hostile, you're screwed. I fully expect Bannerlord to have these places as well since Arda has already said about some reported errors, "We can't reproduce it."
    +1 I used to play realistic when I first started but then I would never rescue lords and the game could bug out pathfinding or spawning location during a high stakes siege and it felt cheated. I accept the consequences of my actions in game, but I play free save to avoid these situations
  12. JayWalker

Penalty for different factions recruitment

i just realized that my army has nords khergits swadians serranids vaegirs & rhodoks fighting against any want i desire

even if i'm a bandit or a mercenary warband, integrity should be weak with different faction recruitment

i suggest adding an integrity system that consider this
    The morale system in warband accounts for this in a minor way, it may be more pronounced in bannerlord but for many people mixing and creating the army they want is part of the fun so I doubt it will become super restrictive
  13. JayWalker

Thanks for all the fun times warband!

If the sieges in Bannerlord are actually fun then I won't miss Warband. If Pendor comes to Bannerlord I will probably never think about Warband again.
  14. JayWalker

Big Strategic Changes

That's why my most anticipated feature is perma death and succession. Hopefully battles present more danger and adrenaline pumping action. The risk of losing your hard built character will make the battles a lot more fun. I expect players will put more emphasis on actual battle strategy as opposed to just rushing behind enemies and click till you go down. It will be very interesting seeing how people play battles when there is a risk of death for their character.

So much this. Because you are immortal in warband you have very little to lose especially early game. One of my early game strategies in Pendor is to solo large groups of vanskerries (think super buffed sea raiders). This is possible because you can take out their few cav with a bow (I'm bad so I just kill the horses), circle with a horse until they run out of thrown weapons and then take the rest out with your lance in repeated passes. No reason for any other weapon if your horse dies you die anyway. If you lose the fight you are captured for a bit. . .so what? You escape and do it again. Like this you can take out almost any number of them as long as you stay careful and patient. There is no risk, and the rewards in money, loot, and renown are huge.

But what if they could just kill you? Is a battle this risky worth it anymore? It is definitely a much more harrowing adventure if you choose to go that route since you can be taken out by a single stray axe or one misstep on the charge. Also if they have an annoying number of Queen Agnes Freebooters that spawn with horses it can make the early part of the fight very dangerous as it is hard to account for them and avoid all the throwing weapons at the same time. I think that adding real risk will make high risk battles like this a much better experience as there will be real danger involved
  15. JayWalker

SINGLE PLAYER AUTOBLOCK

My question is are taleworlds planning on implementing an automated block option for single player only.... just like the other mount and blade games? i feel that it would be a great feature for the game and gives players the flexibility to choose which blocktype they would like to use in single player mode only either manual or auto plus i am absolutely hopeless at manual block.
    I would like this feature. I use manual block now after 2500 hours of Warband, however I didn't start that way. Also I am still bad a manual block so I compensate by having a shield and being aggressive. My life expectancy greatly shortens when my shield breaks.
Back
Top Bottom