Recent content by Jarl Snow

1. Jarl Snow

Need More Info D3D_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

I have tried this did nothing still crashes
  2. Jarl Snow

Need More Info D3D_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

Summary: Ive been running the game stable for a long time in 1.6.1 and was finally trying to conquer all calradia after 4 months of not playing single player. Game was running without problems for a long time 2 weeks or so. Started noticing crashes at 1000 man battles so i tuned down settings...
  3. Jarl Snow

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Finally a smithing overhaul i like it
  4. Jarl Snow

SP - General Founding your OWN kingdom

If a lord defects from Battania and winds up working for the Khuzait, then I would just expect him to have a mongolian force as that is his new home... Then again... I also liked how back in Warband certain "evil" lords would have these hodgepodge forces of "mercenaries" rather than a "straight ticket" type force of the lands to which they live. However, I do not like being forced to play the game according to someone elses whims, for me it is fun to mix-match forces and see what happens on the field of battle so that I can play to MY style. It is still a game at its core.

Historical accuracy on some things be damned, it just makes it more wild when some back stabbing lord can show up with his "core" force and a Mongolian mercenary horde riding with him. Mercenaries are nothing new in history as has been said and in a world this tiny where so many cultures are directly exposed to each other you would just EXPECT there to be overlap as they hire back and forth. If this is a problem the old Warband thing of "Swadians do not like fighting Swadians" would work for morale loss.

Forcing cultural problems would just break things to pieces as the AI is not great and the player would wind up ripping their hair out trying to keep control of the map, you would literally be forced to stay within cultural boundaries or maybe just on the fringes as you endlessly battle uprisings. All the while running home to recruit new fodder to march off to the distant front in an endless war of lose/lose attrition. Historically forces were raised locally to keep control, the Romans had their massed auxiliaries to flesh out their core forces from Italy. Also remember thisL Rome conquered the known world culture be damned, it did bite them in the arse HARD down the road but it is historically proven to work in such time periods before nationalism existed. And nationalism is NOT medieval.

The way I figure it though after having looked over the forums the past week... This is all a moot point as TW wont listen to anyone for good or ill and as such will just plug away until releasing it broken as hell. People will mod the ever loving hell out of it to make things work in their own good tastes, etc, etc.

Just playing my part providing the feedback to changes i would like. Again im heavily addicted to this game so something is done right but without mods or my own personal tweaks it just isnt enjoyable for me. My campaigns have been on a break for about 3-4 months now since the campaigns are just ending out the same way over and over.

To the cultural issue AI thing. My suggestion would just be that every time an AI captures town theyre ruthless and forces culture change in that very city and reduces the prosperity to rock bottom so the settlement basicly starts over. As in warband AI lords are dicks and in bannerlord the lords are a bit too god damn friendly i remember having 10 lords in warband and the struggle to make them happy everytime i captured a new castle or town. Holding feasts helped alot buuut that one lord would just instantly get angry as soon as i started handing out new fiefs.
  5. Jarl Snow

The Roman Empire with Stepp horse archers is an immersion killer, I will be using changing culture mod.
    Yeah it really is brother.
    Maybe you are right but for sure he has not drafted his Battanian core from his sturgian or empire holdings :smile: If he has only such holdings, he for sure has drafted Battanian troops from the land of other lords in Battania.
    Sometimes kingdoms end up holding down to one culture settlement if you play an active part pre clan tier 4. And if they venture far enough into enemy empire territory etc. they wont always travel back to battania to gather troops. This is one of the reasons why i never really bother to finish the game anymore and just play till i have one or 2 fully conquered kingdoms. Rest gets repetitive and immersion breaking once you get hold of one empire faction etc.

Thats why i suggest this change. Convincing lords to abandon their culture and fight for a new cause along with towns and villages would be the thing that made me wanna finish every campaign. Maybe even making visual overhauls to the villages/towns(i know thats a long project lol) so you could see how the culture change affects the town.

I always play faction locked because i wanna test the limits of every kingdom. And i dont wanna do that running around with an army based of all the god damn troops in the game.

Being a sandbox game its the small elements, details and choices in every playthrough that matters if every campaign ends up the same then why even pick a faction culture?
  6. Jarl Snow

Yes and we have so called mercenaries in this game "Beni zilal, foresters, company of the golden boar etc.) I have absolutely no problem meeting these lads in a battanian army because i know they are paid mercenaries. But you sir are very wrong if u think it would ever be realistic to see a battanian lord running around with a full on mixture of empire / sturgian units without a single battanian soul in his party. Those troops wasnt conquered willingly, they didn't just hand him the castle and lined up to fight his battles. Come on dude...
  7. Jarl Snow

What regions outside central Italy would you call Assimilated after the fall of Western Roman Empire? Or even before the fall...

RE massively repainted the cultural map and probably influenced most of the cultures in conquered territories but they didn't assimilate any regions outside the latin/italian group to my knowledge. I´m not saying there were no enclaves or exclaved with a Roman majority but over a region - "Roman Province" - I highly doubt it. They destroyed several cultures - Cathagian among them. But those rissen from the ashes was not Romans - or even close(er) to!

They spread the latin language in France and Iberia, but calling them assimilated... No.

Roman fighting styles? I´d say you are right, they did not use alot different tactics. A core of Roman legionaries(HI) and skirmishing/ranged/mounted mercenaries, and/or Auxilia upon availability.

The LI/LC Auxilia had somewhat simelar outfit and tactics whereever they came from. The reason for that is they were very mixed in origin. A band of Auxilia based in Iberia surely came from all over the empire except Iberia.

This isnt about rome at all or a history lesson. this is about not fighting 700 different cultured units when playing bannerlord.
    If im fighting a battanian army that has taken over a few different parts of the world i just dont like fighting a good mixed army of sturgian / vlandia / battania / empire units. I play this game with no banner opacity to make it look realistic.To me it just ruins my immersion when i watch a battanian lord leading his army with 20 legionaires and vlandian knights. Im not fully against fighting a few but some lords just mass recruit from newly conquered territories and to me this is a core issue that breaks my immersion.

And ask yourself would a well renowned army commander ever run around without loyal faction troops in his personal retinue? NO ofc not he could be betrayed any moment? Thats my issue and thats why i want a system that kinda forces the game to play around choices. Endgame in bannerlord is just mass conquering calradia with full on empire faction troops even if you dont have any empire lords.

Ive put 1100 hours in this game since release so this isnt just something ive experienced once. Ive done this around 20 times on different versions. Nothing new in that regard and thats why i think there should be something new when conquering calradia
  8. Jarl Snow

Need More Info 1.5.10 crashing too often to play after a year ingame

Ive already attempted that. There was only mods on the first character i did with this bug.

2nd playthrough all mods removed still hapenned (thought it was pc related lol) -> rolled back to 1.5.9 new character no problems

3rd playthough -> reset my entire PC new character (0 mods) Still started crashing randomly and very often(guaranteed when winning tournaments) after 1 year ingame. The tournaments where in battania. Now i dont have the save anymore so i cant test other cities but there was just too many crashes for me to enjoy it.

I would like to test this again but it will be a time after this campaign on 1.5.9, prob gonna update you guys after the next hotfix you pull
  9. Jarl Snow

We are not able to reproduce this issue on your save file. Please let us know if this crash also happens on non modded games as well
    As i mentioned in description this was both happening on modded / unmodded versions and even on fresh reinstallation of windows.

Spend a year ingame get clan tier 1, and win tournaments with or without betting. Crashes every battanian tournament i do, didnt bother testing any other tournament setting. And after experiencing the first round of crashes i stopped doing tournaments and played around with looters but ended up crashing just the same just not after every battle. I couldnt play for an hour without experiencing a crash sadly, on fresh windows/newest driver / no other files installed on PC except driver, steam and bannerlord. Didnt even come up with crash tool.

It was tested on various new characters made a new one for each time i reinstalled. So to be clear - i managed to reproduce this error on more than 3 characters in 3 completely different PC settings just to make sure it wasnt just my PC.
  10. Jarl Snow

Just because this happened in some scenarios you can't generalize it like that. When rome took over villages and enlisted recruits they wore roman armor and ranked up like a normal soldier. Rome however also made alliances with other cultures but these nation's armies alone wasn't the main units.

Often when conquering a land and forcing ways on its people would lead to rebellions. every soldier in the ages you are talking about wasnt just mercenaries. They were soldiers who also believed in causes and the nation that led them.
  11. Jarl Snow

The answer to your questions, in order: they are troops available for hire, they are being paid, they are being paid, they are being paid. There is nothing (lore or mechanics) that suggests troops are anything but mercenary in their commitment. They fight for money and nothing else.
    That wouldnt make sense. Mercenaries in towns are what you describe not the faction troops.

Imagine this scenario.
    Vikings invade england. They then capture a few towns and take control over them. Now they control the town but the habitants wouldnt just instantly start training their sons to fight for the vikings unless being forced to. If that was the case they would hate their new lords and work in the shadows to escape or rebel.
  12. Jarl Snow

For the lord recruitment i dont wish to steal all the AI lords of a kingdom ETC. It wouldnt make sense just to go around persuading lords to join my cause unless you are playing the main quest and the recruitment of lords leads to a common goal to destroy the empire or vise versa.

Thats why my suggestion would be to appoint companions to nobles like you could in warband and have them starting their own clan. They have been a part of your clan and experienced a great amount of battles / taken part in conquering and fought for the same cause as you.
  13. Jarl Snow

This mod does a primitive version of what i wish Taleworlds would do. This is merely my opinion and obviously a bunch of other people who would rather keep some lorefriendly combat in the game.

14. Jarl Snow

Yes and thats what i dont like. To me it isnt lorefriendly that a khuzait warlord would prefer going into battle with Imperial troops. These troops shouldnt have any loyalty towards him. Why would they fight for a khuzait lord with imperial gear? What point is there for legionaire to run around fighting against the empire with a khuzait warlord?

In warband the AI lords would run around with their own culture troops and some recruits from fiefs within their kingdom but a nord jarl would never be fighting a battle with full on swadian knights etc.
  15. Jarl Snow

There isn't a folder with "crashes" under programdata only logs and shaders. It didnt come with the fresh reinstallation. It might have been there before i reset the pc but surely isnt now. Game just crashes and doesnt come up with the option to send in.

But i uploaded the save file to you with the instructions above. Hope you can solve this I cant wait playing without crashing again :smile:
Back
Top Bottom