Recent content by JamieScott

1. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

1) Right, I didn't notice this sooner. Something got messed up in the last release, or it got removed without any notification. No matter. I'll readd its tweak version to the Wikia.

2) The order of fiefs listed in the weekly budget report is based on their entry sequence in parties.txt (which is in no particular order aside from towns being 1st, then castles, and finally villages). But creating a tweak for this purpose seems unnecessary to me, as you can overview your budget report just fine as is. This is the first time I see someone being bothered with the order (and I've read a lot of posts since the past ten years). Even so, I don't know of any module operation that allows for strings getting sorted in alphabetical order. Not to mention where would you store all those fief names until they get written out to your screen? I don't think there are enough string registers for this (18 towns, 40 castles, 90 villages), but someone correct me please... It's parties.txt that should get rearranged instead, but it would be a hell amount of work as many code pieces are based on the current order of entries so those would be needed to be adjusted as well. Not really an option without the source code getting recompiled, which would do the readjustment automatically.
    Because I was trained as a librarian I am perhaps more sensitive than usual to how lists are sorted, but not so much that I would do an unreasonable amount of work to "fix" what is not really a problem. In any case, it helps me to know why things are as they are... so thanks a lot for the information.
  2. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

1) 3.9.5 Changelog
    " info about next payday will be displayed in the Reports menu (correct date will be presented after 1st game week) "
    Does anyone know what this means? I was expecting to see a date displayed on the budget, but there is none. I can't tell that the report is any different than it always was.

2) Does anyone know the logic behind how the list of industries is sorted in the budget report? It is not by date of acquisition. It is not alphabetical. It doesn't seem to be by town size or prosperity. It is not by kingdom... Is there a way to tweak it so that it will sort in some comprehensible manner?
  3. 1.174 patch does not see my GoG installation

How do I get the patch to recognize I do have the game installed? Windows 10, original GoG installation, not Galaxy.
  4. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

JamieScott said:
    Serious sound problems...

I am using Warband 1.170...

There was a suggestion on the Steam boards that this is a windows problem, not a PoP problem...

I upgraded to Warband 1.173 and that seems to have fixed the problem.
  5. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Serious sound problems. I'm surprised no one else mentioned this yet. The problem is that the sound either cuts out completely (if I can start the game with it working) or, I can't start the game with any sound. Here's what I know:

There are several threads on Steam about this, but this is not a Steam problem because my game is from Gog; I don't use Steam.

I am using Warband 1.170 and I have been playing PoP 3.8.4 for a long time with no problem. This only happened when I tried to play PoP 3.9 for the first time on my Windows (10) machine.

I have been playing 3.9 some on my old Mac and the sound is perfectly fine.

If I delete rgl_log.txt (suggested fix from the Steam boards) and play Native everything works fine. Then when I switch to PoP I get sound at first, but after going in and out of a tavern or marketplace I loose all sound, both music and ambient.

If I don't switch back to Native first, I get an error message: "Audio not initialized correctly error code:0". Then Pendor loads to the start menu but no music plays and when I try to start a new game or load a save game Windows give me a second error message and closes Warband.

There was a suggestion on the Steam boards that this is a windows problem, not a PoP problem, but PoP 3.8.4 plays without problems and Native plays without problems, so I think this is a PoP 3.9 bug.
Back
Top Bottom