Recent content by James380

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Scully said:
    If the AI isn't improved drastically I'm sticking solely to multiplayer.
    So you can pwn noobs that act like easy or brain dead AI?
  2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Sloth said:
    Styo said:
    Release date was just announced!

Link in spoiler.

:mrgreen:

That's the fake one!!

I have real announced date for Bannerlord.
    It is here in the spoilers:

6O5Ha.gif
    Don't hate me :3 lol
    FINALLY ACTUAL CONFIRMATION !
    :3
    the-rock-slow-clap.gif
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Scully said:
    It's been scientifically proven that if you dislike multiplayer you are stupid. Please stop trolling golra
    Thats a bit harsh.
    I hope you are trolling as well :/
    I don't like playing with people most of the time, especially my friends.
    It's fun sometimes but its not something i want to always do.
    Besides, TaleWorlds repeatedly stated that they want to develop unique games and focus on creating both the best single and multiplayer experience, so im fine with that.
    Can we please just put this to rest -.-'

:roll:
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Painter said:
    James380 said:
    ok, ok i don't want to start some hardware/software war here, i would just like to see a decent discussion or at least have a mod reply to my questions.
    :smile:
    You want too much already, and technologies like Physx are usually ment for highly commercialized and propagated products to sell hardware and fly with the hype, i doubt that Nvidia would cooperate and support this franchise becouse they are not so much in the same business if you know what i mean.
    I hope that TW won't focus too much on the graphics, ofcourse that some sort of not so much resources demanding improvement would be nice, but please don't make it the main attraction of this game.

Its not asking for too much, these guys aren't as small as you think and i don't expect any of this from them, nor do i want them to solely focus on graphics and nor will they.
    Mantle is open source and does not require a partnership with AMD, but will favor AMD cards...which is what they lead us to believe, but we have yet to see the improvements, if any.
    The support for Hyper Threading is up to Taleworlds, once again, no partnership is needed. I don't know too much about how the back end of this game works, but if they implement a way to utilize hyper threading i am hoping that the AI in large scale battles will run more efficiently (thats what i am assuming with no knowledge as to how it could work out).
    Actually scratch the Hyper Threading, if Bannerlord can't efficiently utilize more than 4 cores then HT would be utterly pointless, so in that case: I hope bannerlord will utilize multiple CPU cores efficiently.
    And while we are on it, I suppose Tress FX and PhysX is pretty pointless. Taleworlds physics engine is already "good enough" though i hope bannerlords will be better.
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

ok, ok i don't want to start some hardware/software war here, i would just like to see a decent discussion or at least have a mod reply to my questions.
    :smile:
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Captain Lust said:
    Suspicious Pilgrim said:
    Nooooooooo!

But anyway, whoever wrote that blog did it really professionally! Great job, I'm eager for more.
    *coughs loudly*

YourStepDad said:
    RafaelCruz said:
    In b4 "the next Elderscrolls will be run in TW engine"

twdd_wb_bl_comparison_hair_fix.png

That is pretty much Skyrim level face quality. :razz:
    I know that was intended as a compliment. However, besides the fact that everything you're seeing from us right now is a work in progress, I personally think the faces are better than Skyrim's (which seemed a little lifeless to me) but each to their own. Skyrim has its own style.

SepLnUp_Nord_a1%26c1.png

In any case, I don't think it's too important. They have their constraints and we have ours. As long as players are happy.

Yes i agree with your view on the graphics quality Captain Lust.
    Skyrims vanilla shading and LOD is already nothing compared to yours, regardless of the art style (plus it seems you are at least making the textures 1920 x 1080, i hope 4k will be available like what Bathesda did later on). I am already more than happy with the work in progress and im sure when your artists/designers have reached their limits to their constraints the graphics will be superb.
    I will how ever wonder what kind of GPU or perhaps even CPU will be required to run 400+ battles in full detail?
    With that question i have to ask, will you be utilizing Hyper threading, Mantle, Physx, Tress FX ect?
    Its no big deal, but i am wondering if you are intending to squeeze more juice out of specific hardware.
  7. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Adorno said:
    @ loopppppppp: I have reported you again. You are not contributing anything to this thread or forum in general.
    Stop posting the same thing over and over!
    I'm not sticking up for him, but why on earth did you create a standard in your head that people have to "contribute" in ...this thread? :roll:
  8. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

pellehard said:
    wargod2009 said:
    Just stopping by to say I am looking forward to Bannerlord more than any game in my 26 years of living.  One of the reasons why the Mount and Blade series is my favorite gaming series in the world, is due to it being wonderfully SINGLE PLAYER focused.  I hope it remains first and foremost a SINGLE PLAYER game. Multiplayer is awesome but must not harm the singleplayer expierence in any way.  MODS are also the other massive factor of what make this series the best. 

I am tired of the multiplayer obsessed direction the gaming industry is in.  It comes at the cost of not putting any effort in to good AI.

Remember this:  Multiplayer games have fickle communities and eventually wither and die.  Good Singleplayer games on the other hand, last forever. :grin:

Well spoken! I agree on everything :smile:

* slow clap*
  9. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

*sigh*
    Once again i am starving for some more info -.-'
  10. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

MadocComadrin said:
    You asked for it.
    WOOP
    :wink:
    :!:
    Thats not big :roll:
  11. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Antar said:
    King_Kabab said:
    Antar said:
    Wow, that video looks great! Too bad that they changed the inventory from square slots to rectangular columns but I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it. Great job on the analysis, too.
    Rofl, seriously?
    Please point out what exactly you are referring to instead of posting this useless, two word, post. I have no idea what you are "rofling" about.
    Big Woop
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

mike56 said:
    How can you be that sure?  :???:
    Ohh, C'mon man.
    That is beyond fake.
    First of all this is Taleworlds new website http://www2.taleworlds.com/
    Second, the website http://mb2bannerlord.com/ has such an inconsistent theme and colour scheme compared to Taleworlds design that its laughable.
    Uhg why am i wasting my time with this lol.

Anyways, i wonder when we will hear more in depth news about the back end and what we can expect for mods ect. Hopefully it won't take another year -.-'
  13. AGE of CHANGE II :Progress Reports

Avareee said:
    I hope you guys are alright...no news so long time, makes me feel bad.
    ^^^
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

For gods sake, why not just release a set amount of beta keys in rounds to anyone that has applied to the "beta sign up", eg:
    1000 keys in Feb
    1000 keys in March
    1000 keys in April
    ect

There's no need to exclusively give keys to "modders" and debate what defines a "modder". :roll:

No one is selected with a bias, its all random.
    Who cares if "modders" don't get the first access, so long as some get in by chance or by quota during the beta, all is well.
    The lucky modders get to try out the mod kit, API changes ect, give feedback and perhaps start building their mod how ever small or large it may be.

Also, why should modders exclusively gain access first? Even if they do and they try to start working on their project, there's a high chance that updates to the game will be frequent and some of those changes in the game (back end) may be significant enough to set the modders back even further #pain in the ass.

All that matters during the beta phase is feedback from the community in general (casual, hardcore,modders,ect). That's where my first suggestion comes in (x amount of keys released in rounds to people that have signed up to the beta).

Edit: who knows, perhaps by this random selection process new modders may arise who are quite proficient at what they do and may not only produce new content, but that of which is better than what we have already seen.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Thane Delphi said:
    PhantomZero said:
    Yeah, the graphics are nice, but I think I would have preferred to have M&B1 graphics with double the number of troops on the field and some better AI or something.
    +1
    Those are some incredibly low standards/expectations for a game that is being developed in 2012-14 which already has a well established dev community and has experience >.>
    I belive that they are infact pushing themselves much harder and the end product will definitely shine with content, complexity and quality.
Back
Top Bottom