Recent content by Jackalb

1. Jackalb

Less bandit parties

As the game goes on I used to like to increase manhunters and lower the amount of bandits parties but make them have more units as I would actively hunt them and roleplay their slow undoing. Plus they can be pretty annoying at later levels when they're swarming but only a threat to villagers. I...
  2. Jackalb

Cheap Gaming

Has anyone played Space Trader: Merchant Marine, is it any good? http://store.steampowered.com/app/11240/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
  3. Jackalb

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.53]

I was just breaking a lord out of Hrus Castle and during the break-out I noticed two NPCs in the castle a manhunter and a mercenary swordsman who, every-time I approached ran away. They never attacked and just remained stationary until I approached. It was quite funny actually like they were scared of me  :lol:
  4. Jackalb

Suggestions

Caba`drin said:
    Deathwhisper said:
    Jackalb said:
    + A rear horse feature: sometimes I like to stop to dismount my horse and engage on foot however when going at quite a speed it takes awhile for the horse to slow down, would it be possible to add a button that makes them stop almost instantly such as when another horse cuts in-front of you and the horse rears?

It already exists. CTRL + J
    And, simplified, just hit whatever key you have mapped for whistling for your horse in Mod Options->Key Configure. Default is M.
    (While dismounted, if you started the battle mounted and your horse is still alive, the whistle key will call your horse to you; while mounted it will cause your horse to rear. CTRL-J is unwieldy.)

That's incredibly handy, thanks guys  :smile:
  5. Jackalb

Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.

Windyplains said:
    I setup a form of your patrols with a twist that appears very effective, but could have some strong game altering consequences.  Namely whenever a hostile party travels too close to a castle (or town) a large percentage of the garrison is turned into a patrol party that will attempt to engage them.  If the hostile party moves too far way the patrol will return to its keep and return to the garrison.  This was amazingly effective in breaking a siege in Sargoth when 700+ garrison troops stormed the campaign lines, scattered the Vaegirs and then joined in when a few stragglers were engaged by Nord parties.  After destroying that group it returned back to Sargoth (which was being sieged again) and proceeded to destroy the invading army.  This also worked well to turn castles into actual choke-points in the mountains.  So what's the downside?  Imagine if that Sargoth garrison didn't return to defend Sargoth in time.  Instead of 1000 defenders holding the city against an invading army it would have only had 250 or so.  A city that should be quite well defended could fall accidentally even though the patrols don't move very far away at all, but they could get engaged in a fight that keeps them busy.

This sounds like a great ground-breaking concept but does it ultimately eliminate the chances of breaking into a prison to rescue prisoners? As you'd have to lead the patrol party away from you and the castle and hope you have enough speed to beat them back to the castle, which admittedly does sound kind of fun come to think of it.
  6. Jackalb

Suggestions

+ A rear horse feature: sometimes I like to stop to dismount my horse and engage on foot however when going at quite a speed it takes awhile for the horse to slow down, would it be possible to add a button that makes them stop almost instantly such as when another horse cuts in-front of you and the horse rears?

+ Hire bandits : I was playing Heroes of Might & Magic 3 recently (The WoG mod) and there was a feature where you could go to a freelancer's guild and hire monster's to attack a specific hero or faction, I was wondering if it would be possible to hire out bandits for this purpose. They won't be big enough of a force to defeat the lord I imagine but it'd certainly be good to slow them down. If the force is big enough to scare the lord away this would also be beneficial if say you was trying to stop a certain lord raiding your villages.
  7. Jackalb

Suggestions

Hi I'm really enjoying the mod it's actually got me back into Warband and boy has it got me hooked good  :lol:

I've had a look about but maybe not as-well as I should have so maybe some of these suggestions have been said before:

+ Toggle-able bandit leaders: maybe a tick box saying when you want them to spawn as a good few hundred bandits patrolling around a couple cities really kills the economy when you and everyone else in the kingdom can't match their forces.

+Weaker tier of bandits: In early game mountain/forest/etc. bandits absolutely mopped the floor with any force I had so I went to great lengths to avoid them maybe add a weakened tier who a player wouldn't have to be afraid of attacked, additionally maybe an even greater tier who you definitely have to avoid until late game .

+Cheaper books: Maybe it's just me but I think the books are incredibly over-priced.

+Skill based escape: I don't know whether this would be possible but I always end up being captured if I lose a battle, would if be possible to make it so if you were to say have a high agility or something you would have a higher chance of escaping.
        +Also on that note I read on the suggestion tracker an idea for a thief character to steal the prison key, maybe this could become dependant on agility instead since it would be nice for all lords to have a possibility to take the key.

+Fund-able Manhunters: My character usually becomes a friend of the Manhunters by constantly helping them defeat the never-ending onslaught of bandits that outnumber and outpower them most of the time if I don't intervene I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option when speaking to them to fund them, making more Manhunter parties spawn and possibly giving them more troops to carry to help balance out the bandit problem. Maybe a Manhunter leader character could spawn in the taverns who you could organize this with rather then doing it every party on the map.

+Automatic commands?: This ones a bit different but I'm very impressed by the tactics enemy lords or even ally lords apply to their troops in battle I lack the understanding of that system myself as its very complicated, would it be possible to have the troops put themselves in those formations and do the volley trick etc. automatically without trying to organize it myself or if I'm in battle and I have an ally would I be able to hand my men over to his command so they can commend his ranks and follow their lead.

+Relation-based marriage?: Also an odd one but I have a very high relationship with both the lady I'm courting and her father, I even have a few points with the mother but I'm refused to officially see her as I'm 'not a member of the sovereign's army entitled to hold land' blah blah blah screw you Klargus! I don't to elope and I don't want to become any sort of vassal I'm quite comfortable mercenary-ing and trading about but having such a high relationship surely should effect whether or not I'll be allowed to marry without being a vassal, anyway to add this?

That turned out longer than I was expecting, wow anyway thanks again guys for a great mod, please keep it up!
  8. Jackalb

[WIP] [S] Bandits and Mercenaries Release 1.

Haha okay well I'm pretty excited for the development of this mod  :mrgreen: What do you have planned for the next release?
  9. Jackalb

I'm quite proud to say the Sister Prioris and Free Knights have become welcome additions to my armies and are very valuable fighters  :smile: I did notice the Mountain Chief was captured by the Rhodoks and I happened to be passing the castle they were holding in prisoner in so I decided to try to bust him out however when I met him in the dungeon I was given the standard bandit greeting, after I broke out it said Mountain Chief was defeated in battle but managed to escape.

This got me thinking of an idea but its probably impossible but what if it was it was possible to form some sort of alliance with the bandits, where I had 'rescued' the mountain chief what if that could cement some sort of relationship between me/my faction stopping them from attacking me or my villagers/lords/caravans etc. or even helping them. Another idea maybe you could do a quest or pay a bribe/protection money to the leader and they won't attack then but it becomes a weekly fee or something and it costs more the higher amount of caravans/villagers you have on the map.
  10. Jackalb

YOUR Favorite Factions

Swadian through-and-through their lords are my homeboys.
  11. Jackalb

I like what you're doing with the Sword Sisters in making them like manhunters I think the map needs more bandit hunting parties to help keep them quelled especially if the bandit parties are going to be stronger  :mrgreen: Maybe the manhunter parties could have some sort of bounty hunter leader or something. Either way good work man!
  12. Jackalb

Diplomacy + allow fief trading + PBOD for 1.143

This all seems to work great, thanks!
    My only quarrel is that my bodyguards in towns and encounters seem to have disappeared  :sad:
  13. Jackalb

Diplomacy compilation (Diplo 4.1+Battle Time)

Just installed your patch, thanks for making!

Will this effect anything I have edited with TweakMB?
  14. Jackalb

Please post suggestions [tributary states concept for diplomacy]

I think it'd be a great idea, recently in my game I had my own Kingdom but came under too much fire from all sides so I joined the Swads but in doing so all my lords and their fiefs became Swad territory. Which was a bit of a bummer as I would have re-take if I ever decided to restart my own empire, with your way I'd be able to retain my forces and properties and have enough time to eventually fortify all my kingdom's towns/castles and sooner or later become independent again without having to reclaim and try to re-hire so many lords.
  15. Jackalb

Your worst losses/downfalls

I was attempting to assault a Rhodok city and God damnit those sharpshooters  :mad: Every last one of my until-then undefeated troops was took out.
Back
Top Bottom